It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is everybody called `a `disinfo agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It is a growing trend now that whenever a whistleblower, government representitive, lawyer, doctor, whoever, speaks about a sensitive matter like leaked documents, ufos or whatever,
the number one thing people do is say `oh my god hes/shes a disinfo agent`

usually with absolutly no evidence whatsoever that they are indeed a disinfo agent too.

my questions is this, why have we as a society become so paranoid that everything and everybody is a lie, or that every ufo footage is a fake, every person who speaks out, or every whistleblower is a lier, a paid goverment shill etc, its ridiculous.

anyone?
edit on 27-2-2011 by otherdimension because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by otherdimension

People seem to mistake thier opinions as facts lately. It's getting pretty pathetic especially when you have two people attacking each other and neither one can produce actually facts, i think it's caused by the arrogance of people today. TPTB are enjoying everyone's self inflicted chaos, if only we could unite together and accept people for who they are, and not have to argue about thier beliefs!
edit on 27-2-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
if you ask that question, you are a disinfo agent...

people dont like having thier beliefs questioned. disinfo agent is the heretic phrase of the internet.

BURN THEM!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

It's the way of a conspiracy theorist I'm afraid...

The Evolution Of A Conspiracy Theorist's Champion

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think you're a disinfo agent and made this thread to fool people
edit on 27-2-2011 by MORBlD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MORBlD
I think you're a disninfo agent and made this thread to fool people

morbid is trolling can somebody report him

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I had this happen to me this week

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Have a national uprising then instead of sitting around going "well it's just the way it is." Countries with people far more oppressed than yours have recently organized, why can't you?

I have to warn you fed that this reply does not sound right. I think that I have found what I have been searching for here on ATS. I am probably paranoid, but I do not read replies like this on ATS often. (caugh, caugh, mole, caugh, caugh)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I dont think i'm trolling, i'm simply posting what you are
edit on 27-2-2011 by MORBlD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Because attacking someone's character is the number one way of avoiding debate. Accusing someone you disagree with of being a disinfo agent is what a disinfo agent would do.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Certain people like to believe that they are 100% accurate in what they 'know' and when anyone tries to take that away from them they act like a baby and throw the rattle out of the pram.
edit on 27/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's called paranoia gone completely out of control.

A healthy dose of paranoia is needed to be a conspiracy theorist (still able to make rational judgements and use logic to arrive at your conclusions) but there is a certain upper limit of paranoia when you cross this level you are totally unable to tell friends from enemies and logic no longer works for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Virtually every thread that has good information now days on this form at some point is derailed by someone who supposedly "knows everything".

When this happens, people are no longer discussing what the original post is about, because some jackass hijacked the thread with his "all knowing" "this is the way everything is" mindset.

I've literally quit posting here because there is little to no intelligent discussion left.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I agree I think this whole site has become just a whole bunch of arguments with little mindful discussion anymore!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do disinfo agents exist?

If so, in what regularity can they be found on online conspiracy theory forums?

Those two questions are important if you want to investigate the idea of people being falsely accused as disinfo agents.

With the anonymity of the internet and online forums such as these, it may not be such a wild accusation depending on the answers to the above questions. Are the accusations accurate 100% of the time? Probably not. But at what percentage could they be accurate?

new topics

top topics

join