It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone : Average of Two Earth Quakes a day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Is the data on

hisz.rsoe.hu...
Reliable?

If so… that means that an average of two earth quakes a day since the 12th of February… Now I don’t know if that’s normal for a super volcano to act in the sort of fashion… But that doesn’t sound too “inviting”

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
super volcano... Nobody on earth knows what a super volcano is like when it goes off. And nobody like the government is gonna even tell you how bad they are... When this pops its cherry you all plus us over here are going to kick one big kick up the back side !!! YS is way over due a bang !!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is gonna end up like the crazy guy in the 2012 movie when he's in Yellowstone the moment it blows. That would be the sickest thing to watch but I wouldn't watch it because I don't want to die.

That would be very bad mmmmkay

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
when it blows im sure someone on ats will have some live feed for us
dam i love this site

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Well I'm not actually gonna go there and watch it go boom...
But I think Woody Harrison is a fine upstanding man and my wife as credited me to his character in 2012... as the psychotic conspiracy nut job
... ha

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

haha... you know what i almost said

"instead of visiting it for myself i'll just watch it on ATS"

its true though... someone will have live video or pictures... that is if they dont get incinerated

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

that is if they dont get incinerated
reply to post by EvolEric

how many states would be affected if it went off?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think earthquakes and volcanoes are closely related - the earth shakes and a volcano is stirred.

We have the killer Christchurch quake here in NZ - I hope it does not set off Lake Taupo, which is a huge volcano - if that blows, NZ is gone.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I don't really know how many would be effected... but this lil map is info related to previous explosions...

Map of USA/Yellowstone Ash coverage

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I just found out about Lake Taupo about 5 minutes before you posted... I thought the same thing about it... and the only thing I know to say is... hope not!!!

you New Zealanders are pretty cool

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

thanks looking at that map im pretty much screwed

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I never heard of these prior tonight...

Island Park Caldera VEI 8 North-America USA (Pacific Region) State of Idaho Last Eruption: 2.1 million years ago

La Garita Caldera VEI 8 North-America USA (Pacific Region) State of Colorado Last Eruption: ~27.8 million years ago

If Yellowstone blew its top... wouldnt these go too? Seems to me they would... and why not New Madrid... while not a Volcano... its a mean S-O-B

That would be almost 100% destruction of the US?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Sucks... I'm really no better off... while i may be "our of range" of Yellowstone and its brothers... I'm located where New Madrid can bite me rightly hard

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Island Park Caldera has had some seismic activity too...

4 shakes on the 12th of feb... as well as so some more recent ones...

The info is at the bottom of the page

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hi Evol,

Thanks - we are not usually regarded as cool so I am flattered.

Did you know we have huge numbers of brave Americans here right now trying to save people, and doing recovery.

We have about 20 countries here right now in Christchurch and their jobs are highly dangerous, difficult, and also disgusting.

These people are heroes.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Thankyou OP Will watch this thread. Sorry to be off toppic, Catwhoknowsplusone, There are more to come to help my company is preparing crews to repair the water mains which is going to be a big task to undertake. Our hearts are with you all.
robbo.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Heck yeah your all cool... Wasn't... Zena: warrior princess and Herecules... and Lord of the Rings filmed there? I'm a geek so I love that sort of thing... and your country is beautiful!!!!

Shame about the quake! But i'm glad the international community is stepping in and lending its hand... thats how it should be... in times of chaos... we should unite to bring back order

Robbo2006... i'm offtopic myself... so i cant say nothing, haha... thats cool your helping too... I wish you luck in your venture of assistance... and thanks... i'll keep this thread going as long as I can

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

Hi Robbo,

You are one the heroes.

My heart goes with you, and my thanks for being there.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Found another report... thats worthy of mention
Earth Quake in california happened around an Hour and a half ago...

Click Here For Info

while its not a big one and no one even noticed it... expect for machines...

What makes it worthy is the fact the epicenter of the quake was 6 miles from the -Clear Lake- Volcano/Volcanic Field...

sounds like Volcanic activity is on the rise in the West Coast... add that in to all the seismic activity recently...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You are so right, Evol!

Xena is a kick-ass warrior!

And I have to say, so many people have proved that they are also kick-ass - I have to question - when the shtf, where would you be?

Not you, personally, but we should ask ourselves - "When the shtf, where will I be?"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join