It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mystery Contrail' + 'Stranded Cruise Ship' = Chinese EMP Missile Weapon Test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Anyone remember these two incidents that occurred the same day, Nov. 9, 2010?

Experts: Mystery Contrail Was Plane, Not Missile
Nov 10, 2010 – 2:43 PM
(Nov. 10) -- It's a bird. It's a plane. Well, actually, it is a plane.

At least that's what experts and the military seem to be saying about Tuesday's scare over what initially looked like a mystery missile spotted off the coast of Los Angeles.

The Northern Aerospace Defense Command already weighed in Tuesday, saying the unexplained contrail posed no threat to the nation. But NORAD did not speculate on what the source of the missile-looking contrail might come from. Now, experts are saying why it's highly likely that what a helicopter camera crew captured on camera was a plane, not a missile.

Cruise ship stranded without power after fire
November 9th, 2010
09:56 AM ET

A cruise ship with nearly 3,300 passengers on board was stranded off the coast of Mexico Tuesday after it lost power following an engine room fire, Carnival Cruise Lines said in a statement.

The fire occurred about 6 a.m. Monday in the aft engine room of the Carnival Splendor, the cruise line said in a Monday night statement posted on its website. The blaze was extinguished and no passengers or crew were injured.

However, engineers were not able to restore power to the ship, which was operating on auxiliary generators Monday, the statement said.

Jim Marrs was on Coast To Coast the the other night saying that according to information and documents he received from a retired missile launch officer, the "mystery plume" off the coast of California was actually a missile fired from a Chinese sub that was carrying a secret new EMP weapon which completely caught NORAD off guard. And apparently the "stealth" design meant it couldn't be tracked by radar.

No wonder the "experts" and the U.S. military assured us it was "highly likely" to have been a normal plane contrail that just happened to look like a missile soaring into the sky. Gotta love those "experts"...

Sure wouldn't want anyone wondering about that exotic Star Wars missile defense system that cost taxpayers who knows how much?

And what a coincidence, Obama was in China that day, allegedly pressuring the Chinese to continue paying for their oil imports in dollars.

Was this China's reply?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I remember thinking how odd it was there weren't any backup or fail safe systems that would prevent an entire ship from losing power.

Turns out I wasn't alone:

Naval Expert Questions Cruise Ship's Power Loss
POSTED: 6:01 pm PST November 11, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- A retired U.S. Navy propulsion expert told 10News he can't understand why the Carnival cruise ship Splendor suffered such a disastrous loss of power.

Sam Jemison, a retired chief warrant officer who served 30 years in the Navy, told 10News that with six diesel engines tied together by computers, switchboards and cables, there should have been automatic fail-safes.

"We call it dead in the water, with no power. It just made absolutely no sense because a new ship should have redundant safety systems built in," said Jemison, who specialized in propulsion engineering.

"They said this was in an aft engine room. There's another engine room and an entire other switchboard that power should shift to and provide power to the ship," Jemison added.

www.10news.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember. I'll have to listen to the C2C archives on this one. Thanks for the head's up. I didn't buy that it was simply a "contrail" myself.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You remember that missile off the Channel Islands that was denied by our military and was blamed on every one from the Chinese to the Koreans? This new story was recently released by Associated Press:

news.yahoo.com...

By MATTI FRIEDMAN, Tue Feb 22, 5:36 am ET JERUSALEM – Israel and the U.S. carried out a successful test of the Arrow anti-missile system off the coast of California, Israel's Defense Ministry said Tuesday. Israel's Defense Ministry said the Arrow detected, intercepted and destroyed a target missile launched from an offshore platform inside a U.S. Navy firing range in a test carried out late Monday. Tuesday's statement said the trial, the latest in a series of successful tests of the system, "provides confidence in operational Israeli capabilities to defeat the developing ballistic missile threat." Jointly developed by Israel and the U.S., the system is primarily aimed at defending Israel from the threat of an Iranian missile strike. The Arrow detects an incoming missile and destroys it with a second missile.

While I agree with the liklihood that the Cruise Ship inicident was an EMP, this recently released story seems to fit the bill also...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

If that had been the case, then why didn't a story like that appear in November?

It's just too weird that there was no explanation and a totally implausible cover story had to be created and then confirmed by "experts".

Who are these "experts" that can't tell the difference between a horizontal jet contrail and a vertical missile exhaust plume.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
related threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seems like I was one of the first ones to hop on this
as a missile and Phage and I fought days over this
in that first link.

whether plane or missile, my biggest question is:

Why now ???

Is there another agenda here ???

And Mars didn't quote a name with his source.
That would bring in the question of credibility.
Lots of unanswered questions here.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
related threads:

seems like I was one of the first ones to hop on this
as a missile

Nice work -- I 'm certain you're right. You deserve every one of those 151 flags.

Phage and I fought days over this in that first link.

What a surprise...

Is there another agenda here ???

The missile or Phage?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
how do you know it wasnt the united states, quit blaming everything on china

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
reply to post by coyotepoet

If that had been the case, then why didn't a story like that appear in November?

It's just too weird that there was no explanation and a totally implausible cover story had to be created and then confirmed by "experts".

Who are these "experts" that can't tell the difference between a horizontal jet contrail and a vertical missile exhaust plume.

I don't know, why do people lie about anything? Why does Israel lie about (or at least not officially acknowledge) the fact that they are a nuclear power?

Even with the recent article there is nothing "official" connecting it to November except for it's location off the coast of Cali.

As for the rest, a lot of people are willing to believe whatever an"expert" tells them even though, like you said, the explanation may be totally implausible.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasn't received more attention.

Jim Marrs is one of, if not the best conspiracy researcher out there.

If what he's saying is correct -- and I have no reason to doubt him -- there are serious problems between the U.S. and China's economic relationship that puts the dollar in jeopardy. So serious that China evidently felt compelled to fire a sub-launched EMP missile weapon off the west coast that couldn't be tracked or intercepted.

If you're looking for "official" confirmation, you've already received it: move along folks, there's nothing to see here -- just a jet contrail.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
they neglected to learn from the lessons of USS Yorktown and the contrail was the only thing left to indicate that Windows crashed.

reference

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
From the much-maligned Sorcha Faal, but it's the only explanation that makes sense, especially for the reason cited in the last paragraph and the fact that the Carnival Splendor lost power at 6:00 am:

Did A Chinese EMP Attack Cripple US Cruise Ship?
By Sorcha Faal

"When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle, "Sherlock Holmes"

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today, prepared for Prime Minister Putin by Director Anatoly Perminov of the Russian Federal Space Agency, states that an Arkon-1 military satellite monitoring the western coastal regions of North America detected an “EMP anomalous event” occurring on November 8th at 0600 Pacific Standard Time (-8 hours GMT) that bore the “direct signature” of a YJ-62 subsonic anti-ship missile fired from a Chinese People’s Liberation Navy Type 041 submarine (NATO code name Yuan-Class) known to be patrolling approximately 200 kilometers off United States coast.

Nearly 11 hours after this EMP “event”, this report further says, Arkon-1 then detected a BGM-109 (Tomahawk) subsonic cruise missile launched from a US Navy Ohio-Class submarine, operating off the coast of California on a “training mission” from its home port of Kitsap Base in Washington State.The US Navy submarine was enroute to the largest American Naval Base on the US west coast in San Diego, California.

Note: A Russian military intelligence (GRU) addendum to this report states that the “training mission” the Ohio-Class submarine was on is related to a new US law passed this year allowing for the first time in history for women to serve on US Navy subs and was an “operational exercise” testing female Naval Officers competence prior to their first “operational deployment”.

The “immediate effect” of the Chinese Navy’s firing of their EMP missile, this report continues, was the “catastrophic crippling” of the US based cruise ship Carnival Splendor that stranded its nearly 4,500 passengers and crew in a “dead in the water” boat, prompting the Americans to send the US Navy’s Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier, warplanes, and supply aircraft to protect it from further attack after all of its electronic systems were destroyed.

An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) as allegedly used upon the Carnival Splendor is a burst of electromagnetic radiation that causes rapidly changing electric fields (or magnetic fields) and voltage surges that destroy all non-hardened electrical systems. (This includes the electric power grid, the electronic systems of cars, airplanes, etc.)

The US Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) had previously warned that American ships were vulnerable to such attacks, with EMP Assessment Group Leader Blaise Corbett stating that “the consequences of failing to take appropriate precautions to protect fleet mission critical systems can ultimately prove catastrophic to the Navy’s mission.”

The purpose of this Chinese EMP upon an American ship, this report says, was twofold: 1.) A test of the EMP weapon itself that in a war against the Americans and would be used against their Naval Fleet and Marine Forces operating out of California and the west coast of the US, and 2.) A test of the response time for American retaliatory measures against any Chinese warship attacking the US and/or its interests in the Pacific.

The GRU further states that the timing of this attack was timed even more crucially due to China’s testing of America’s response time during a period when their President, as Commander In Chief of all US Military Forces, was out of the country, as Obama was as he was in India at the time. The Americans response time of nearly 11 hours between the EMP attack on the Carnival Splendor and the US retaliatory strike, the GRU states, “virtually assured” that the Chinese submarine responsible for the attack escaped, but they further point out that may have been intended by the Americans so as not to escalate this crisis.

The geopolitical reasons for a Chinese attack upon the Americans just days before the crucially important G-20 Summit in South Korea, which both President’s Hu and Obama will be attending, this report says was due to the United States, in essence, declaring total economic war upon the rest of the world by its printing of nearly $1 Trillion US Dollars in order to monetize its staggering debt and that China warned: “If the United States can increase the volume of dollars and it can transmit inflation to other countries to lessen the pressure of debt, then it will bring about a catastrophic influence on the world.”

beforeitsnews.biz...

BTW, the 11/09 date I initially cited was incorrect. Both events actually occurred Monday, Nov. 8th.

edit on 2/27/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, the Carnival Splendor just re-entered service last week. It took 950 workers to dry dock the ship and replace the entire engine, generators and internal wiring. The Port of San Francisco hadn't seen engineering work of that magnitude for 45 years. That was quite the engine fire!

Fire-Damaged Cruise Ship Repaired, Scheduled To Depart SF
Posted: 3:34 pm PST February 9, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO -- A cruise ship that was brought to San Francisco for repairs after catching fire during a voyage in November is in good shape and will depart for its next Mexican cruise on Friday, a port official said Wednesday.

...It arrived at the Port of San Francisco the afternoon of Jan. 23 to receive two new generators and a new engine, port spokesman Gerry Roybal said.

"It only had partial power when it arrived," Roybal said. "When it came limping into the port, there weren't visual signs that it wasn't functioning."

"When we opened it up, though, it was clear that the engine room, the generators and some internal wiring had been badly burned," he said.

The work to repair the ship could only be done in San Francisco, Roybal said.

"The ship needed to be completely taken out of the water," he said. "We have the only dry docking asset big enough to accommodate a ship of that size on the entire West Coast."

The ship is about 950 feet long and weighs approximately 110,000 tons, Roybal said. It has 14 decks and can accommodate 5,500 staff and passengers.

The size of the engine required to power such a massive ship was also quite daunting, Roybal said.

"It was the size of an 8-by-10-foot bedroom and weighed 106 tons," Roybal said.

The engine was flown in from Italy on what Roybal called the largest cargo plane in the world, Antonov 21.

"A sister ship was being constructed in Europe at the time of the incident," Roybal said. "The engine specifications for that ship matched the Splendor's, and Carnival had the new engine piece jetted out here to expedite repairs."

"We haven't seen engineering work of this magnitude in close to 45 years -- since San Francisco built ships at the port," Roybal said.

More than 950 local professionals helped repair the ship over its three-week stay at Pier 70, providing a much-needed boost to San Francisco's economy, Roybal said.

www.ktvu.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And finally, CNN transcripts of the "flameless fire" that smelled like "something was melting":

ROBERTS: Up first, kept in the dark while drifting at sea. The Carnival cruise from hell is over and now that everyone is back on terra firma, we're finding out passengers were never told about the engine-room fire that left them stranded for four days. Listen to this. It's the crew's public address announcement on home video that was shot moments after the fire broke out on Monday.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have a smoke situation. Lots of smoke in one of the engine control areas. You are all smelling that smoke if you're on deck, one, two, possibly deck six, as well, and if you're on the back of the ship.

(END VIDEO CLIP) CHETRY: A smoke situation. That's all passengers say they were told. They also say they didn't find out just how serious the fire really was until they got off of the ship yesterday in Southern California.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Just now they actually told us there was a fire on the boat.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You did not know that there was a fire on the boat until now?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So what did they tell you why the boat suddenly stopped, you know, on your excursion?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They never told us what the issue was. All they told us was that there was smoke. There's lots of smoke.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What they told us on the ship was that it was a flameless fire. And I don't understand what that means because wherever there's smoke, there's fire. They say that the aft motor had caught a fire, I guess, or they said it was a flameless fire electrical wires that went out. And eventually that got into the forward engine which then cut all the power to the entire ship. That's what they told us. It was a flameless fire is what they told us.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ROBERTS: In just a few minutes, we'll be joined live by two passengers who are onboard that cruise ship. One of them was staying in a cabin directly above the engine room where that fireless fire started.

CHETRY: Flameless fire.

ROBERTS: Flameless fire, whatever it was.

Our next guests were passengers. Amber Haslerud joins us live from San Diego this morning and Leticia Lewis is with us from Los Angeles. Great to see you both.

Amber, let's start with you. You were on a girls' trip with your mom and five other ladies and you happened to have a room. Your cabin was right above the engine room where that -- I guess what the cruise ship is calling a flameless fire took place. What was it like?

AMBER HASLERUD, PASSENGER ON STRANDED CRUISE SHIP: It was -- well, what I mean when it happened, it was loud. The rest of the days were just -- I wouldn't say chaotic, just a little not organized at first. But as the time went on, it got a little better. Situations weren't great as far as not having toilets and power. But, I mean, most people made it through and survived all right, obviously.

ROBERTS: Leticia, what was it like in this first few moments? What did you hear? What did you see? Did you smell anything?

LETICIA LEWIS, PASSENGER ON STRANDED CRUISE SHIP: John, it was truly interesting. At 6:00 A.M., I felt the ship vibrate, and I was a little concerned. And I had awakened my husband. I said, honey, you know, wake up, something is going on. And a few minutes later, John, I heard an alert that went over the loud speaker. And the alert said, "Alpha team, alpha team." And it was at that moment I realized something must be going on.

And so it was very interesting. We did -- there was a smell and odor. It didn't smell like fire. It had a, I guess, you could say an odor like maybe something that was melting.

ROBERTS: Got you.

LEWIS: As it were.

ROBERTS: So -- so you had that announcement saying alpha team, alpha team, get to the engine room. And then there was another announcement that went out over the speaker system, which was caught by one of our iReporters. Let's listen to that.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have a smoke situation. Lots of smoke in one of the engine control areas. So at this time, we believe that it is safe for the guests (INAUDIBLE) to not inhale any of this smoke.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ROBERTS: Amber, so they kept saying smoke situation, we have a smoke situation. Everybody needs to get to the upper decks. Did you have any idea that there was actually a fire in the engine room at that point?

HASELRUD: At that point, I did not. I just thought that there was smoke. I mean, it's possible that there could be smoke with no fire. But once we got out there and actually saw that it was black smoke, it was not realistic that there was no fire with black smoke that was that bad.

transcripts.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Why would the Chinese launch an EMP strike off the mexican coast??

That bit doesn't make sense..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So if it was an EMP hit, what happened to all the passengers Electonic goods, Ipods and phones ETC
havnt read anything about all them been fried yet

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Why would the Chinese launch an EMP strike off the mexican coast??

That bit doesn't make sense..

The missile was fired off the west coast near LA, but the cruise ship had departed from San Diego the previous day.

Originally posted by Trigger82
So if it was an EMP hit, what happened to all the passengers Electonic goods, Ipods and phones ETC
havnt read anything about all them been fried yet

Excellent question, which a friend asked asked me yesterday. I don't know enough about EMPs to give you a technical answer, but one of the articles said, "An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) as allegedly used upon the Carnival Splendor is a burst of electromagnetic radiation that causes rapidly changing electric fields (or magnetic fields) and voltage surges that destroy all non-hardened electrical systems. (This includes the electric power grid, the electronic systems of cars, airplanes, etc.)"

So my guess is that these voltage surges only affect larger electrical and electronic systems, while personal electronics don't have sufficient voltage to be damaged.

When you examine the totality of evidence in the articles above -- an exact match of time and date between the "mystery contrail" and the "stranded ship", then add the fact that it was a newer ship, navy and civil engineers were puzzled how numerous back-up and transfer power systems could all be knocked out, passengers said the smoke smelled like "something had melted" and were later told that it was a "flameless fire" (which they still don't understand!), the ship being out of service (in dry dock!) for 3 months while 950 technicians replaced an entire engine, generators and internal wiring -- there's only one logical conclusion, the same "Chinese missile" rumor I first heard 3 months ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
dailypaul.com...

Where did the Tomahawk go? So why not 2 contrails?

top topics

join