It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Patdown: Department of Homeland security begins testing DNA scanners this summer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

will they with their new data tell us how and when to breed? Think about those implications and there is a conspiracy born!!!
edit on 27-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: forgot a letter

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

This was only a matter of time. Be interesting to see who makes these scanners - perhaps the shop run by ex-DHS chief Michael Chertoff that makes the airport scanners the TSA is jamming down our throats.

This has nothing to do with human traffic. If the government was that keen on stopping that, that it was a grave enough problem to potentially subject 300+ million citizens to a significant violation of privacy then they would simply implement solid border control.

These will be in the schools next and, just like needing to have you kid receive worthless vaccines, some of which are methods to engage in social engineering, you will have to submit a DNA profile to be in public schools. After that, it will be traffic stops, needed to apply for things like Medicare and other public services. All under the notion that a public good is involved.

How will the data be stored, who will be responsible for its storage, what limitations will they have on correlation of the DNA data with other information they collect on you? Google, with their White House ties will get a piece of this action, for certain.

One thing that is absolutely certain - there are people that are going to make $billions on this. Manufacturing, maintenance, back office technology, training government staff in usage, a ton of dough will be lining the pockets of some key supporters of politicians.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Although definitely way overboard, the TSA pat downs and scanners are on the extreme end of what is legal for searches.

The collection of DNA however requires a warrent does it not?

People want to see where this will lead?

Watch Gattaca.

How long before we see cases of insurance companies refusing to cover people because of what has been found in thier DNA based on this database.

Wasn't there a story a few years ago about a university trying to patent something they had found in a South American man's blood? I seem to remember a fight over what he could and could not do because some else owned the rights to his genetic material.

There is nothing resonable about this idea unless as stated by another pster it is to save the human race. In that case they had better admit that we are in danger first, what the danger is from and how long we have.

There is no potential for abuse here.

It's a guarentee

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Obama's got Veterans Affairs taking the DNA of our Veterans.

www.research.va.gov/mvp/default.cfm

They are taking it for research to make things to target peoples DNA/genes for "treatment".

Would be a useful Government tool if they could suppress unwanted genetic traits. To retain power by turning off your free thinking gene.

The illuminati/33rd Degree Masons fear the world will go back to ruralization after Crude Oil is over. They don't want to go back to having to cut rocks. Thus why they are pushing directed energy weapons in space and DNA weapons so they can control the world from their bunkers deep in the Earth. You didn't think they were going to end up growing their own food did you?

They've got nations to rob/pillage. Kings want to stay in power.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Oh man I was thinking the same thing lol. I sat and thought what do they need DNA for, some have speculated for gene specific bioweapons but to me doesnt seem theyd need that many sample to do it. With the seed vaults and talk of disasters not just 2012 you never know. Its been said you'd need a very diverse amount of survivors to start repopulating.

But like you said I dont necessarily believe thats the case but always fun to think about things from different perspectives. Who knows it could be as benign as just wanting to make us mad and no other reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

will they with their new data tell us how and when to breed? Think about those implications and there is a conspiracy born!!!
edit on 27-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: forgot a letter

Expand that a bit to ask:
Will they tell us who we are supposed to breed with? Will they tell which ones of us are not allowed to breed?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

The primary contract for this work appears to be going to a firn, Network Biosystems. What is interesting is that they only have around 30 employees, first making the leadership quite wealthy and secondly, that there is absolutely no way they can support a government contract of this size.

Since it is a private firm, very little, if anything can be ascertained regarding its ownership or financing other than the MIT Whiteboard organization, which is essentially an incubator for high-tech firms, mostly coming out of MIT profs or students gave them the initial slug of dough and they have raised the rest of their cash on their own, meaning there is no way to get information on that information through public sources.

They will either have to IPO to raise significant capital to scale to support massive production or enter into a joint venture with a firm, either way, the initial investors will make a ton of dough, and the banking firm that helps them change their capital structure will make massive fees as well.

They are also heavily into the nana tech space. They have also been tight with the government since at least 2004 when John Ashcroft was holding up their chips at a press conference telling folks that this portable DNA technology would ultimately solve our security problems.

Now they need it to prevent human trafficing. Sounds like a solution looking for a problem

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Exactly...all men created equal? Apparently not!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

The collection of DNA however requires a warrent does it not?
There is nothing resonable about this idea unless as stated by another pster it is to save the human race. In that case they had better admit that we are in danger first, what the danger is from and how long we have.
There is no potential for abuse here.
It's a guarentee

Well the US Army took my DNA in 1996.
If its part of the birthing process now, well there's that answer but the average Joe in between,,,yes I would suppose but do people know what tests are exactly done with reguard to blood work generated by doctors.

Saving the human race...hummm those words stir up issues...things have a way of working or not working out on their own. Are we capable of saving our own species without sinister motive..I dont think so but thats just me and we ARE just talking here.
Can you imagine the panic of knowing we are doomed and in walks Dr.Moreau saying "I can fix this"

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I wish this was meant to save the human race but it is most likely about control. the kids today are living in a world with the internet and so many new social media outlets that they are used to a world with no privacy and when they grow up they will not mind giving up more freedoms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join