It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddish-orange Orbs Just Sighted Over Tampa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Having spent the day at Downtown Disney in Orlando, I was driving my family home. By the time we were rounding into our community, it was dark. As we turned into the neighborhood, my wife spotted some glowing "orbs" in the sky and asked me what they were. At the time, we could only see them through a thick grove of enormous, old oaks draped with Spanish moss.

Then, as we neared the guard shack at the entrance of our neighborhood, we saw several vehicles stopped in that large cul-de-sac, too. The gate guards were looking into the sky. We initially saw 7 glowing orbs moving at a "powered" rate of speed. I say "powered" because they weren't merely floating or being pushed by the (minimal to non-existent) wind. Without knowing how far away they were, it's hard to say how fast they were moving. But, suffice it to say they were moving west to east at what looked like a leisurely rate. No sounds of powered flight whatsoever.

We approached the guard shack and asked how long the sighting/event had been going on. The guard said about 10 mintues of orb activity before we had arrived. I then pulled our car into the community and parked along side one of the large lakes that gives our neighborhood its name. We then had an unobstructed view of the orbs.

By now, the first seven had flickered into the higher-altitude sky, from how it looked. As orbs moved west-to-east, gaining altitude, they got dimmer until vanishing. As orbs vanished in this manner, more orbs appeared in the distance, along the identical route, a leisurely west-east, beginning very bright and dimming with distance and altitude.

There were four more orbs in a straight line, equal distance between them. As those dimmed, three orbs in a large, triangular pattern emerged into view, same course, same speed. As those dimmed, four more orbs in a straight line appeared, gained altitude and dimmed like the others. We didn't have any cameras on us, and in the end, you would only have gotten what everyone's already seen: dots of lights in the sky.

Finally, a single, last orb appeared and took its lonely journey just like all of the other ones. All said, about 20 orbs over the course of the 10-15 mintues we were watching. I'm posting this in hopes that someone had a good video camera handy. This happened about 8:20 PM EST over Tampa, Florida. Actually, in one of the suburb areas known as Brandon/Valrico.

The impression I got from seeing them was... solemn. The feelings in me as I watched them glide through the sky was of "something leaving." I know, these feelings are obviously SUBJECTIVE interpretations. I include them only because some UFO researches, from what I've read/heard (on Coast to Coast AM) have suggested that there could be some form of wordless communication going on. Pure specualtion, but what does it hurt to include?

Scientifically and objectively, these were unidentified flying objects. There was no breeze, and these were not Chinese Lanterns. I've seen (and helped light) Chinese lanterns at a Fourth of July party and know their characteristics. The main give-away for a Chinese lantern is that they are slaves to the wind. These were perfect circles, with a bright center, almost white, then orange then burnt orange in color. They kept the formation that they emerged into view with. If three were in a triangular formation, they remained in the identical formation for the duration of view, not getting slightly closer or slightly farther apart, not drifting.

We were hoping for the event not to end... But as with all good things, it did. Plus, we would've had to have gone home soon anyway because our 18 month old daughter had just awakened. I know that at least 20 people saw this event (in the parked cars, the gate guards and people out walking/jogging around the lake).

Maybe this will attract enough attention ---and someone might have some images or video... Or similar recent experiences...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Big deal, heavy winds and some orange trees, i think i got it figured out.

2nd line reserved for using moar webspace.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It sounds like lanterns by the description but you don't believe that to be the case, I'll hold out until a video or photos are posted(hopefully).

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Did it look anything like what I video'd here? This may look like an orb, and someone suggested a light, which doesnt exist there over the school. I posted the video only to show on another thread, that what you see in a poor equipment picture is not what it is. I have testimony to seeing this 3 times and its a craft, that is the size of a small plane, soundless, and moves around slowly. This was at about 300 or so feet the first time I saw it downtown. And, I have a theory about what this is. But its just a theory.

Many nations have dumbs, Vrill like technology, their own UFO's, and even cloning program, super soldiers, ETs, whatever you want to call them. This is why abductions are often carried out, not that they may not be Co-op, they could be, I believe they do channel in entities too.

In any case, espionage or spying from a foreign power is currently my theory for some of this. ie. Russia? China?
edit on 26-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think if you've used chinese lanterns yourself and are sure that's not what it was then it should probably be dropped as a possibility. Hopefully someone caught it on video. S+F in hopes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The video was really mostly black with a few flickers of orange "somethings." For the record, I'm a very skeptical person. I am somewhat educated and a veteran of the Air Force (20 years). I have spent my entire military career around aircraft, and because of the nature of Air Force bases, they inherently have a lot of air traffic. I'm used to seeing lights in the sky. Even though retired, I still work at MacDill AFB, in Tampa, Florida. I spent my last 6 years, or so, of active duty working for Special Operations Command (SOCOM).

Oranges and heavy wind? Really?

There were well over 20 of these glowing orbs. MANY people witnessed this. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I can say that they were not Chinese lanterns, as Chinese lanterns would have drifted and not kept an *exact* formation. Also, these orbs dimmed at precisely the same general area as they gained altitude along the same path. It was not a windy day, and even if it had been, if they had been Chinese lanterns, then the lanterns would have dramatically drifted closer or farther or both. Again, these kept their spacing. And really, we don't know how far away they were, so they might have been large objects that were far away.

Take it for what you will. Many people will resort to conditioning and ridicule, dismiss, etc. Why those people venture onto the the UFO section of ATS is beyond me. Perhaps they enjoy ridiculing others. Who knows. This was my sighting report, and I hope that someone out there got some good video.

I walk my dog every night, several times. And each night I spend those 10 minutes sky-gazing in the hopes of seeing something like this. If we had not spent our day the exact way we did, with the exact timing, we wouldn't have caught this. If we'd stayed home and then I decided to walk my dog, I might or might not have seen this event. It happened around 8:20-ish, so there's a good chance that I wouldn't have been walking him at that time. I'm fortunate to have seen this, along with my wife and 4 year-old son. I'm not sure if my 18 month-old daughter saw them, but she had certainly just awakened.
edit on 26-2-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2011 by xalaran because: remove post

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
OP, I cannot say what you saw as I wasn't there but I recently posted a thread about my own view of what were lanterns and there's no difference to yours. I made a point of saying just how fast these things moved, unless you knew better you would have thought these were powered but it really was just a wind pushing them around up there while I was shielded from it in a tree lined lane.

What got me was just how different these looked up close compared to video's, quite freaky really but they really were lanterns, just bigger and brighter than most but as with all lanterns as soon as the fire went out they dropped.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Great news on your sighting. It's amazing to experience these orbs, a real life changer.

As you say there really is a total difference between ufo orbs and lanterns. The difference is obvious when you have seen both before.

By putting the sightings details on here hopefully this will encourage another individual with some footage of the event to post.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i also see this lights last night. there are two of this lights. as i watch some people on the resort (swimming pool), i saw a group on other cottages looking up in the sky. lately all the people are observing this orange reddish light. theres two lights travelling in a constant speed and never changes their distance as it passes through our location (philippines, around 12midnight). it was in high altitude and maybe travelling more 100 to 200kms per hour or more than because in 10 to 20mins it crosses from south east to north west of our location. im sorry about the calculation of speed im not good on this..i have a video... i'll upload it later..... some says it was like a hot air balloon lantern but i dont believe it. the speed and distance never changes. with its height the flame from the balloon was almost not visible. what could this be????

edit on 24-4-2011 by minx.hottie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by minx.hottie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have yet to see glowing oranges. Please provide proof.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
heres the videos (full footage)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZCWloPEI3k
edit on 25-4-2011 by minx.hottie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I saw two of these glowing orbs in Fla 11 years ago, they uncloaked from the orb into silver triangular ships...
edit on 25-4-2011 by King Triad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join