It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I thought of that idea long ago actually. But the fact is all that printed money goes directly into the pockets of the government and you the tax payer do not get any relief. If they lose out on something its fine with them cause they got their toilet wipes to clean their asses.
"Oh yea, did I mention that my wife works in a state run middle school?"
Well that ^ summarizes the point.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

My favorite question asked in all seriousness was "are stars bit of the sun that have come off?"

Get your wife to ask her if she know weather the sun revolves around the earth or the earth revolves around the sun.
approx 1/3 don't know

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Huh, I didn't realize there were so many young people on this board. Well, to echo the sentiments of others, I think that's great.

When I was 15-17 or so, I became interested in a lot of the themes that went on to preoccupy me to this day: Esotericism, philosophical and metaphysical concerns, conspiracies, the true nature of history and power, etc. I was mistaken about some things and lacked patience, but on the other hand I remember a great burining sincerity and depth of experience that I respect to this day. So exploring and using this sincerity of purpose and passion at that age is enormously valuable and the groundwork you lay now will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life. My only advice is to seek balance in all things, and to temper emotion with rigor and patience.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am 29 and I support you kids.

I always try to explain freedom and common sense to kids, because you are the smartest and brightest of the whole population.

You are the future, and together we can create a better tomorrow.

Don't let yourself get depressed or frustrated. Understand that we are winning, slowly but surely.

You don't have to tell people everything. Just catch them when they are saying something negative, and set them straight with a simple positive point.

Don't be afraid to stand up and speak your mind.

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.

Martin Luther King Jr

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree on your words but in this ever more growing society and corrupted leaders there is more stress on teen's, this leads to frustration and people not living like they wanted to. It's hard to live up to the expectations of people who have already received their amount of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm 23 at this point and hate the environment i live in. even from when i was 15-16 as well, talking about the next party going down every week was definately not my interest.

most teenagers dont care about much else except themselves and having as much sex as possible (girls i assume would be more interested in relationship nonsense i dont even want to understand). they dont care about overseas events that could have a detrimental effect on them, or what politicians say or do in DC that can affect their future. last time i stood around my "so-called" friends a few years back, they spent over 10 minutes talkin about who did this girl in school and how the next one is a slut and this other nonsense.

you show me a 16 year old american who know about the uprisings in the mid-east and i'll be impressed

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I consider "awake" in this context to be "aware". Or rather, seeing the world with the blinders off. Nothing to do with spirituality or whatever that interpretation is, although some people may consider them overlapping. (I'm not exactly religious either. Considering the major deity worshiped these days sounds fairly identical to the "Problem?" troll-face. Take every major act and all the inconsistency, and paint it in a picture common to humor presented by Anonymous. It's fitting. Who wants that kind of love?)

Anyhow, I'm not exactly a young-un, but neither an old fart given this crowd... So that puts me in the mid 30s. Age has little to do with it. Some folks just don't wake up until they get the bucket of water in the face and slapped around a few times. Then they open their eyes.
Even then, you'd have some that'd just rather not see the world around them for it is. That's why some folks fall into traps associated with various vices, even if they don't quite hide their head in the sand. (Heck, even I'm not perfect. I spend too much time on the computer, and maybe indulge in some food a bit too much.)

Also don't be mistaken, some may not appear awake - but are quite aware. Just "laying low in the gopher hole" or something like that. Consider that biding time while trying not to look like the nail that's sticking out or what have you. But those people tend to blend in unless you talk enough to know them honestly. Also if things get to the point where push comes to shove, they come out of the woodwork then as well. Some of the allies you find in life may surprise you.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is an extremely un-manly thing to remember... but I remember when Oprah spent a fortune on a school in Africa.... I mean MILLIONS of dollars. The public gave her a pretty hard time about this. They were wondering why she didn't spend this money on school in Chicago or Detroit. She did this for Africa because they want education. They want to learn and become Doctors. These were all young students thirsty for knowledge! I do not blame her. Most of the student here in US were too wrapped up in Gaga and Xbox to even consider furthering their knowledge.

My god did I just tell an Oprah story? Turning in my man badge now.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Greetings to you foreshadower99. I am 57 Earth years my last birthday. I can most clearly remember thinking just like you are at your age, it was 1969, America had done some good things, and some bad things, a war was raging in Viet Nam, and Rock Music blasted from every device that would produce it. I was living in a world of children then, and still am. I admire you for coming out like that. In some circles it is not wise to come off intelligent beyond your years, some will label you for that, and you won't like the labels. I have a 9 year old step son who is very wise, and talks like an adult. He tells me he came here from another world to help humanity in some way or other, he doesn't know that part. We call these children Indigos, or Star Children. Many members in here do not believe in such things, and that is that for them. I feel that you will go far.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm 42year old mother of two...My youngest I never speak of this stuff around when your a child you need the time to trust your surroundings...Now my 20 year old and I talk about conspiracies...He just got done with Job Corp.The first night he was there they ran a blood test.The "joke" between us is there micro chipped him...They probably did bank his DNA....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
yes you're the only one sorry

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It's nice to know that your son is progressing in the appropriate way, remember that even if that kid is yet to learn there is some truth behind his words
.And like you say, the others cannot comprehend your advice so they label you. It's annoying to get labelled by a bunch of lunatics as we are way ahead of them when it comes to being weary about our times.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
After reading this thread, the best advice I have for the OP is to agree with Cobaltic1978, and tell you to dance. Find a club that plays the type of music you would enjoy dancing to, go out and have a few beers (not too many), and dance your @$$ off.

The only piece of advice I can give apart from that, is when you are out enjoying yourself, at the club or anywhere else for that matter - Always be aware of where the nearest exit is, the S could HTF at any moment, and when it does, you want to make sure you're one of the first going through that door. Until that happens, enjoy the music.

This thread actually reminds me of a song from 1999 that I suddenly want to play really loud and dance around the living room with my sons (I'm 38, BTW). If you haven't heard it yet, download the song "Red Alert" by Basement Jaxx, crank the volume up as high as you possibly can, and dance. Just dance.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I'm 16 and in the same boat so don't worry us 'awake' teens are out there too! There is an 11 year old on these boards aswell!!
edit on 26/2/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)
Are you spiritually awake or just aware of what are happening behind the scenes that are not reported in the MSM?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

My guess is that you likely grew up not drinking out of the public water supply? This usually is an attribute of someone who possesses a free mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's great to see young folks who are aware of more than the the latest pop culture garbage. Kudos.

However, be careful as to what information you absorb. There are a lot of "awake" people who buy into the most ridiculous insane fantasy drivel you can imagine. Retain critical thinking. Deny fantasy. Stay rational.

Like they say, an open mind is a good thing, but not so open that your brain falls out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Im 15 and in my group of friends, I am the only one that actually cares what's happening around me. Weird feeling, really. When I ask, "Hey, did you hear about..." they are just like; What?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackholesAndRevelations

Its frustrating I know but just take it slow, with suficiant information most people wake up in time.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I'm 16 and in the same boat so don't worry us 'awake' teens are out there too! There is an 11 year old on these boards i believe too!!

I am so glad you're politically awake - people of your age will definitely be a huge asset to us when we take our country back! (I am 23 and am educating myself on leadership/activism via college and books/literature).. BUT.

I am annoyed by the term "awake" because you are not "awake" unless you are very spiritual (not religious), and then you would know what I mean.

edit on 26-2-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

But you are Awake...you are not one of the "sheeple"....the brainwashed, hypnotized...gotta get it...gotta have it...younger generation...

You are paying attention and not eating everything you are fed....That is a rare quality and it will serve you well.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nice to see some younger posters and readers

Here's my list of basic things I would expect people to subscribe to if they call themselves 'awake'.

Media - tool to brainwash people, create a false reality, bias and lie about everything - everything - nothing in the real world reflects what is in the media, the entire thing is a self perpetuating false reality

Politics - a diversion to create an illusion of freedom, choice and governance - a shadow play - worthless, impotent and irrelevant

Science - in service to money powers (banksters) - controlled by peer review, grants and control of publications

Law - corrupted and held hostage by money powers - not accessible to ordinary people, property rights closely guarded (a possible Achilles heel - they cannot cede legal property rights, or they themselves lose their own)

Pharmacology - controlled completely; a method to keep the greatest number of people as sick as possible, for as long as possible

Medicine - largely controlled through funding and insurance - the NWO don't like healthy people, expect a poor level of funding and care

Money - (paper fiat) controlled and issued by private individuals and corporations, means of global economic control

Food - controlled, in price, availability, distribution, cost and quality - only money compares in being so tightly controlled

Banks - method to control global economy, working in conjunction within money issuance (ie Federal Reserve, ECB, BIS etc) - primary method - predatory lending, often preempted by low interest rates and wild speculation - followed by banking bailout and leveraged sovereign buyout.

Corporations - obscene parodies of persons - given legal status, but no moral compass, tools for the globalists to strip assets, resources and power from people and sovereigns

Peak Oil - probably exists, probable peak 2007 - Saudi seems to lie regarding their oil capacity, oil production in global decline

Global Warming - probably doesnt exist, most likely a scheme to create global carbon taxes as part of a global government infrastructure - if it does exist, it is not likely human generated, if it is; its not worth worrying about due to peak oil (soon the carbon emissions issue will just go away as the global economy crashes due to declining oil)

War - WWI, WWI, Vietnam, Korea, etc, Iraq, Afghanistan - all created under false pretext, created by financial powers for profit and control -

Oil - the commodity, along with money and food about which all power is centered (probably not created by fossilization, but rather generated by nuclear processes within the planet) May regenerate - may be very large supplies at extreme depths - probably not going to save us from the effects of peak oil

Israel - seat of globalist military and political power in the ME - completely controlled by NWO - created by the NWO - funded by the NWO - this is a private nation totally owned by the NWO - the jews inside it seem largely to be willing accomplices in its ongoing racial genocide, illegal use of banned weapons against civilians, undeclared nuclear arsenal etc - besides the BIS (Bank of International Settlements) and Federal Reserve, this is the seat of evil and power for the NWO

Saudi Arabia - controller of the oil price, puppet government supported by globalist powers, lynch pin of the petro dollar - under real threat of revolution against its decadent and arrogant minority caste rulers - the fall of the Saudi Royals would destroy the US within weeks - there can be no real doubt that Iranian agents are active in Saudi, there may be no evidence or public revelations - but the strategic value to Iran makes it certain

911 - executed by Mossad with help from the CIA, moves global governance forward, secures ME oil assets

Alternative Energy - exists in many usable forms (eg cold fusion - Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons) - discredited, with held by oil/financial powers - Einstein a poster boy for the NWO, relativity a lie to cover up that the vacuum is a fluid (see Dayton Miller ether drift experiments) - no tolerance in science for heresy against the scriptures of Einstein - see also Nicola Tesla, Werner Heisenberg (rejection of Bohr model) and Werner Braun (gravitation variance of rotating objects accelerating in a gravitational field).

Enemies of the NWO

Silver and Gold - assets, money - the enemies of the money powers, manipulated down in price - entering a phase of explosive (upward) revaluation in the next few years - owning it gives you some power

Max Kieser - ex wall street exec got a conscience, excellent source of info, very funny, very smart - check Kieser Report on Russia Today (RT) and On the Edge with Max Kieser

Ron Paul - the only person I trust in the US government

Zero Hedge - a reliable source of financial and economic commentary

Shadow Stats - a reliable source of statistics to counter the government generated BS statistics

Venezuela - enemy of the globalist bankers (NWO) - controls sovereign oil wealth - threw out globalists oil corporations who tried to plunder the oil, then tried to stop the oil flow to bankrupt the country - demonized by the west, US attack seems planned

Iran - enemy of globalist bankers, controls sovereign oil wealth, sharia law prevents use of economic weapons against them because lending money for interest is illegal - so they are immune to attacks from the normal sources such as IMF and central banking systems - maybe not my ideal place to live, but they seem fair and peaceful - far better than the western nations leaderships - demonized by the media, US invasion or attack seems planned (Iran has very strong defenses, and Russian and Chinese alliances) invasion by the US seems impossible - potential target for Israeli nuclear strike (this will be presented as a retaliation to Iranian provocation or attack)

North Korea - enemy of the globalists - under MASSIVE CRIPPLING sanctions, disconnected from the global banking system, unwilling to take any loan from the IMF and will not submit to economic attacks - probably not a nice place to live, but KJI is not crazy - although the propaganda tends to be - does NOT want conflict with the US or south Korea (AT ALL) - conflicts are ALWAYS initiated by globalist forces - demonized by the media

Iceland - largely rejected the IMF bailouts and controls, after economic collapse they prosecuted bankers and sent them to jail - they are still seeking some offenders who are being protected by the globalists in the UK - Brown branded them 'terrorists' for rejecting bailouts.

THE INTERNET - Our greatest weapon, and possibly the ONLY weapon with which we can hope to win the battle of lies for hearts and minds of people - by constantly revealing DECEPTIONS and TRUTH (although I don't subscribe to the idea of truth, its too lengthy to explain and the word truth will suffice here).

Of course - there is a lot more - there is a bit of a start with a tiny bit of info.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join