Originally posted by CapnCaveman
It is going to take me a while before I learn Norwegian.
As the OP, perhaps you could elaborate on this dreadful story?
all i read so far is the headline ..
let me translate it for you.
translated verison of the storyINCREDIBLE STORY: Here are the first two pages about the dramatic history of Dagfinn, which you can read in Saturday's
print edition of VG. Facsimile: VG
- I never found out what happened when she died. That's why I began to search for the story of my life, "says Dagfinn Skjelvan (29) to VG.
- I had to learn to rest.
Dagfinn think he was about 12 years when he learned that the woman he had known that my mom was not his mother anyway. But finding the truth about
what happened at the time of his birth mother died, has been shocking.
Since last autumn it has been possible to apply for cover from "the day you were born" from the VG-records the AP, through an ad service. In January
this year, the pieces began falling into place for Dagfinn.
For Dagfinn sought not his own birthday. Instead, he sought the days around the date of his mother's death. He knew the date: The mother, whose name
was Marion Skjelvan, died on May 13 February 1983.
On the first page of the VG 21 February 1983, he found a story about a woman who died in Sandnessjøen. The story was special: Along with the woman
the police had found a boy of 19 months. The boy had stripped hole on a milk carton, and thus gained in the industry.
- I did not know that I and my mom had lived in Sandnessjøen, but the second vote, "says Dagfinn.
- It was when I decided to write a letter to the editor in VG, and ask to receive the case from that time.
Avisutklippene came, and Dagfinn continued to search in other newspapers. The message of the caged boy had gone out on the NTB, and the history of the
milk carton kid got a lot of space on this day.
- I asked my older half sister. She confirmed it for me. It was me and my mother as it was written about in the newspapers at the time.
When Dagfinn grew up, would stepmother and his father shielding him the truth. The story of Marion Skjelvan remained in secret.
- I do not blame them, "says Dagfinn.
- They have tried to spare me the drama I experienced. But for me it is important to know the truth.
This week has Dagfinn Skjelvan traveled back in their own history in search of answers. After a drive of 120 mil, he found the man who saved his life.