It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very interesting video on symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I just watched this on youtube and thought of the ATS community, so thought i'd post it on here for you lot to watch... it is over an hour long though but is very interesting.... i wont say anymore... just check it out as i know you guys into symbolism will have a lot to say on it...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

video on symbolism

First impressions after ten minutes of viewing:
There's a lot of misdirection and mischaracterization here. I won't dispute the facts...but the kind of thinking this video is using is like this:

I have a cat.

Cats are solitary creatures that kill mice for fun. They are traditionally associated with witches, and black cats with bad luck. In ancient egypt, there were cults to Mafdet, a goddess associated with execution. And looking to more recent times, let's not forget that cats can have fleas, and fleas were responsible for transmitting the bacteria that caused the black plague resulting in millions of deaths throughout europe.

Therefore, what can we conclude about this guy LordBucket who owns a cat?

Again, I won't dispute the facts. But if we try hard enough to look for connections, sometimes we might find some that aren't really warranted. Yes, Starbucks has what they're calling a siren in their logo. And in terms of mythology, sirens were creatures who lured sailors to them. It's not such a stretch to think that a corporation would like the idea of a logo symbolizing customers being lured to their "waters." That water being coffee in this case.

Now, yes...the sirens did lure sailors to their death. So one could argue that the symbolism of the Starbucks logo is customers being lured to coffee, which then kills them. But if we look at the actual full image of the logo, before it was cut off, we see that the actual imagery is a little unusual. The "siren" is being depicted as a mermaid with two tails. Two tails being held open by that mermaid with her hands on her ankles as if spreading her legs wide for easy access.

This is about sex. Not death. That mermaid is saying "come hither and partake of my waters." Not "drink my coffee, you're gonna die!"

Will continue watching, But so far, it's mostly just frustrating. Yes, symbolism does exist. And, symbols can be used to communicate. But if you look hard enough for sinister meaning in things, it's very possible to find it even where none was intended.

I don't see anyone suggesting that having a cat implies bad luck, demon worship, witchcraft, plagues or executions.

edit on 26-2-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I like Red Ice TV and their web site redice creations from Sweden ,they also have quite a truth movement happening over there.In English too if anyone is interested , www.redicecreations.com .Thanks for sharing OP, will view video soon .

new topics

join