It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography and media insanity weekend in US? (1st amendment issues)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Both of these stories I found from PINAC
First of all:

A legislator in the Sunshine State has introduced a law that would make it a felony to photograph a farm from a public road. Yes, a farm. The bill was introduced Monday by Republican Senator Jim Norman of Tampa who stresses that cows have an expectation of privacy.
Pinac article

Ok so now they want to say that cows have expectation of privacy. Why cows in the first place? Why not all animals then? Not to mention the whole issue with filming them from public property. If all animals have expectation of privacy no matter where they are filmed from then you pretty much cannot ever take photo outside again. Ridicilous.

Second jewl:

New Mexico legislators overwhelmingly approved a resolution requiring people who wish to videotape them in public meetings to ask permission first, a resolution that is overwhelmingly unconstitutional.
Pinac article

What really pisses me off about this one is that this has already passed 35-3. Blatantly unconstitutional is the right wording used in the article. Who is media anyway these days? This just enables the to cherry pick who gets to video tape them. Not to mention that they work for the people and people have a right to hold them accountable.
Really seems like US has gone bit nuts with this issue lately?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i can understand the one about the people becuase of youtube and crap going viral
but cows ??
what the hell do they care if they get filmed ? maybe soon they will
also put forth a bill to stop the slaughter of cows because the cattle are getting tired
of becoming hamburger ..that is what the cattle rights should be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I dont support the one about the people either. For one it's public officials in public meetings. Second how will you define media? Anyone can be media these days.

new topics

join