It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's protest dispersed by force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Egypt's protest dispersed by force

english.aljazeera.net

The people had gathered to celebrate two weeks since the removal of Mubarak from power and remind the country's new rulers of their promise to guard against a "counter-revolution" of the people's power.

Activists urged the military, who had promised there would be "no return to the past" of the Mubarak era, to overhaul the cabinet.

But after midnight, protesters said the military fired in the air, shut off lamp posts and moved in on protesters to force them to leave the square.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/26/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed title

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It looks like people were right. This was a Military coup and they have no intention of letting the Egyptian people be free. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Do you think the Egyptian people will revolt again? What is this world coming to?

I've had mixed feelings about these revolutions the whole time. When Mubarak fell I was nearly moved to tears and I had regained hope for humanity.

What are we going to do?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think the military is saying enough is enough and it's time to go back to work. The Egyptians can't expect good things to come overnight and it will take a little time for positive change to come.

If there are no full democratic elections within 6-8 months then the Egyptian people should be concerned.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The military have said that free and fair elections will take place in about 9 months when all opposition parties have had a chance to organize and get ready . The only party organized right now is the Muslim Brotherhood and they are the ones who want the election right now . They are the ones camping in the square . They are prepared to run "clean" candidates that appear to have no connection to the Brotherhood but who are hand selected by the Brotherhood . The military doesn't want the Muslim Brotherhood and know they can capture no more than 20% of the vote in a free and fair multi-party election .

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

I really don't know what to think.

Something tells me that this is game changer.

I feel that the magnitude of this event has not been accurately documented by the Main Stream Media.

You are talking about all out rebellion to "The Eye of the Pyramid."

Nothing Less.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would not jump to conclusions , although it is possible. chances are they are doing exactly what they said they would !
Hold the country together through transition. They cant let it get out of control again and probably just want people to get back to normal daily life for economy sake. maybe this is just wishful thinking but I feel they have no choice but to keep there word, or people would wig out

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its possible that it will take time

for the Larger government of the world to train who they want in office.

I think that if they are using force to get results, what do you expect...It's the military....
It's what they do..

It's like asking the dog to guard the house,
and being surprised when it uses it's teeth.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
The military have said that free and fair elections will take place in about 9 months when all opposition parties have had a chance to organize and get ready . The only party organized right now is the Muslim Brotherhood and they are the ones who want the election right now . They are the ones camping in the square . They are prepared to run "clean" candidates that appear to have no connection to the Brotherhood but who are hand selected by the Brotherhood . The military doesn't want the Muslim Brotherhood and know they can capture no more than 20% of the vote in a free and fair multi-party election .

Once the military sets in government there are no more elections, dont kid yourself just look at what happened with the past military governments.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Bandito, I see you all over ATS talking unmitigated nonsense. Your 'facts' are always either wrong or made up. You offer no evidence to support your statements. Apart from trolling and disinfo, what is your purpose here?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
According to all the Egyptians I just heard being interviewed the 'Muslim Brotherhood" doesn't even exist to the Egyptians that is all a hoaxm for the western idiots..

In any event what we call the "muslim Brotherhood" has ALWAYS been a western controlled Network of tards.
like Saddan, The Sauds,The Shaw, etc ad nauseum

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

In any event what we call the "muslim Brotherhood" has ALWAYS been a western controlled Network of tards.
like Saddan, The Sauds,The Shaw, etc ad nauseum

First off, it's the ShaH. Second, he wasn't Muslim(at one point he ordered soldiers to pull off the hijab of women because he thought it was oppresive towards women). Third, he wasn't ALWAYS controlled by the West - that's why he was dealt with in 1979.

new topics

top topics

join