It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange dreams and occurrences as of late...looking for ATS' help with these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ATS, I have been having really wild and crazy dreams lately. Without rambling on to the point where nobody reads the whole thing, I'll do a brief outline of the series of dreams I have had over the past 6 or so months. They are all of the same 'theme' an apocalyptic/post apocalyptic environment, often involving friends and family. I'll highlight the two most common ones...

They occur around twice a week or so. The first one I can remember was being with a few CLOSE family members, in a totally bombed out remote area, looking towards a small mountain range (maybe 2-3000 feet) and from over the range, there was a reddish-orangish glow (from what was over the hill being on fire) and the feeling of there being a large Metro area over the hill. This wasn't a 'fact' I could sort out after my dream (obviously) but I had an intense feeling of loss and destruction emanating from beyond the range. That was all I could remember.

The most recent one, the one that drove me to write this thread, occurred last night. The area I was in was "fresh ruins" as if a huge war or something had happened. Again on the outskirts of a metro area. We were making our way to the country with supplies, with the feeling of someone watching us. It was communicated between the group and myself that we had to be careful of certain area, as if they were patrolled or controlled by a hostile group. Who this group was, I am not sure. What separates this dream from the others is I was heavily, and I mean heavily armed. Think rambo-esqe with the ammo belts and everything. Others were armed as well. Without boring you, the dream continued on to us exploring new areas and eventually holing up in a structure. The dream ended to my alarm clock when I was going setting up on the roof with a powerful spotting scope surveying the area.

Mind you, I don't think about anything similar, I have been in the military (never deployed, tore my ACL down at ft Irwin prior and got a discharge) but that was three years ago. I didn't have any dreams after getting my discharge etc. I don't buy into the fear mongering here (I've lurked for a long time) and have no input of any type of similar thoughts into my head.

My question to ATS...what do you make of these? Are these premonitions? I rarely dream, I never have been a frequent dreamer , and these have been INTENSE to the point of them feeling real. Some dreams you know you're dreaming, but I felt REAL emotion in these dreams, REAL fear and anguish. These dreams have been in conjunction with a lot of "there was no way that was a random occurrence" type of events, along with the 11:11 thing...and what creeps me out is a lot of the numbers 147 which happens to be the time of my fathers death....its honestly creeping me out a bit, because I've NEVER had anything like this happen before...please ATS help me sort out what is happening
edit on 26-2-2011 by spolcyc because: grammar

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Are you going through anything major in your life?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
dreams can seem really real bro and not necessarily a preminition
for example i had a dream i got shot it felt real and i have never been
shot in real life, the craziest dream though i have had is a nuclear bomb
went off in the front lawn of my towns library! and that was intense felt
everything and then i woke up and wandered how my brain would know
how that would feel if it has never happened to me pretty trippy but who
knows maybe you should take a break from all of the doom and gloom
and then see if these persist maybe see a psych dunno goodluck though

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
No, my life is as calm and happy as I've ever known it.

To the second poster: I don't let doom and gloom enter my life, I've never had any sort of dreams in the past...I would write off one or two, but I've had more dreams that I've remembered in the last 6 or so months than my entire life...and it isn't close. Prior to all this, I've had maybe 10 dreams that I could remember in my entire life.

Its not just the dreams, its everything else happening while I'm awake too. Like someone or thing is pointing me to something, or trying to tell me something. I don't know I do know everything is extremely bizarre, my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, but I'm far from crazy. I'm actually a very strong willed, grounded strong minded person, I was the one who found my deceased dad at age 11, so I've had trauma and major events happen with no unexpected side effects beyond the grief and pain etc...no sort of things to make me seem "crazy"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

and also, what separates these dreams from yours, are mine are reoccurring, its not a one and done type of dream..and given what I said in my second post about not really dreaming prior to this, further makes it weird...they happen over and over and over, the same theme, sometimes the same dream...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was going to ask you about your father. His death was very traumatic for you, especially remembering the time even later in years. I'm sorry about that. Do you fear losing something in your life?

I have to go, but I think you have a HUGE fear of loss. I don't think your dreams are prophetic. You fear losing loved ones and you haven't found a safe place within you or a foundation of trust.I think you are trying to put up a barrier against your fear of loss and it's coming out in your dreams.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Onboard2 because: To add more

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

I can tell you that I don't fear losing anything, because I have nothing to lose. I haven't let anyone or anything get close enough for me to fear losing them. I've actually considered myself genuinely "happy" within the last year for the first time as well, everything going well, making leaps and bounds in my studies etc, so I don't have any triggers that would be setting something like this off

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
well your traumatic experience could be a factor man
but how you describe it kind of sounds like a calling
you should jot down everyone of your dreams on paper
then go through them see if you can make any sense of
them also this might be a better forum for you to get answers
www.experienceproject.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spolcyc

Your Dreams are meant for you, and you alone.
Master the Art of Dreaming.
Then you will be in command.
This you will know,
and Your Questions Will Float Away.
See you at the gig. W

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

Yea IgnoranceAssassin, I have had multiple nuclear bomb detonation dreams where my family, friends and I are vaporized. One such dream was so detailed that when the nuke went off, a helicopter flying close by, was blown out of control from the blast right through the window I was looking out of which then killed me... I don't think Ive ever seen that before.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

You're right, I do have a huge fear of loss, but what doesn't add up with that is why it would all of a sudden flick on like a light switch. Also to go in this a little deeper, I've never had a nightmare about my father, or a repeat of finding him in my dreams (which I've heard personally a lot of people have that sort of thing happen, maybe similar to a vet coming back and reliving his deployment through his dreams) I've actually came to peace with his passing, the fact of it happening doesn't bother me anymore(as much as possible), the lost memories and my lost child hood are the only things that really get to me now.

What really gets me is the weird things happening when I'm AWAKE. The combo of the two really lead me to believe what's happening may be more than what I'm seeing it at as face value. By no means am I trying to say I'm a prophet or I'm predicting the end of the world etc...thats just a joke. I'm just really wondering if something is trying to lead me to a place, be it earthly or a realization in my head. I see the physical awake aspect as possibly trying to lead me to something in my dreams, but I cannot be sure and I know a lot of ATS'ers are well versed in this area. I do however realize that this is my journey and my journey alone and nobody can tell me the answer, but I am looking for some kind of nudge in the right direction.

IgnoranceAssassin: I appreciate the link and I will look around on the site and post my experience. From the 15 or so minutes I nudged around, it looks like a really cool site. Thank you sir.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Would you happen to have any links that may enlighten me or have some good information on the topic? I'm fascinated by what has been going on and I know I'm going to have to think out of my X's and O's box to solve my problem (studying engineering at the moment, so I'm a VERY X's and O's person)

and what do you know people.....going through the thread I noticed my response before this one was posted at 11:11pm....where does it end??? maybe that in itself is a clue that I should be looking at something in the post? never stops...

edit on 26-2-2011 by spolcyc because: weird...

edit on 26-2-2011 by spolcyc because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spolcyc

it might be a dream about a possible future.many have talked about an apocalyptic future that might happen in our century!i guess the best thing to do is try not to think about the dream and it might stop occurring if it is bothering you.some of the people i know tried this and they said it worked.just remember it could be just a dream that stays in your mind fore a while.i had dreams that repeat for a wile to.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Dreams, at least for me, have tended to have their symbolism tied in with my own head stuff. For very close to ten years, I've studied my own dreams and the dreams of people I know really, really well. I've come to some conclusions about them.

Dreams are stories your mind acts out to itself about things ongoing in your life. Some of them are about worries, others are just ways information is passed into your current gestalt. In many ways, the dream's intensity can indicate how troublesome the matter is to your subconscious mind. Your subconscious is going "warning! warning!" in the only way it really knows how, through pictures and stories, emotions and signs. That doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem. It's just an inner distress signal that something might be awry. It is basically up to you to identify the source of the dreams, examine the situation, reason it out, and then sleep again to let your subconscious make nonsense of your reason, but assimilate it none the less.

Identifying what the dreams are about specifically can be trickier still. The subconscious chooses from its vast accumulation of potentials. Every action movie motif you've seen, every relationship, every story you've read, all of your pertinent experiences and knowledge... your subconscious is armed with a virtually limitless array of emotion inducing scenarios to act out in order to process what's going on in a way that makes sense to it, which ironically can make next to no sense to someone not versed in bat-crap nuts and/or too much Joseph Campbell.

There are, however, several "areas" where you might consider looking in your life. Work, school, and money are usually primary contenders for most people. Much, much worry is generated from those three. Another common area where people flail is in their relationships, and not just romantic relationships. Friends, family, coworkers, exes, whoever. Someone on your radar. Important, life altering decisions are another wild dream inducer, even if it's as minor as trading your old car in for a new one in the cosmic scheme.

Another possibility is that it could be that an aspect of your ongoing life reminds your subconscious of a previous emotionally trying experience, though the actual waking situation may not be bad at all. When you've experienced the finding of a loved one's body, which I experienced myself at age 6 with my grandmother and can thusly very much (over)identify with you about, it gives you some residual...things. Things that have gone past Scars and become character traits, but things that still hurt sometimes when the weather gets damp, so to speak, which isn't to say that all rain is bad. (I've also had apocalyptic dreams, but I recognize their symbolism anymore and just roll with the dream havoc
It's better than torpedoing my real life.)

imho anyway and good luck.

edit on 28-2-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by nithaiah because: argh weed

edit on 28-2-2011 by nithaiah because: seriously, weed man.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't mean to impose, but have you recently tried any hard drugs?

top topics

join