It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars.com Takes 1st Place in Alternative News Rating

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Yep. Listen, love him or hate him, Jones HAS brought some good material, and some great interviews to the table over the years, and he has not reached the type of popularity he has by merely posting nothing with any basis in truth behind it. Not saying that everything he has ever done has been spot on, but he has brought enough attention to many subjects that would likely have been previously unheard of that he does deserve respect and kudos imho. His popularity is no accident.

But-Back to my reason for posting this ( giving a great big "woot-woot" to ATS)---Notice that in the rankings, ATS is CLIMBING even from the PREVIOUS rankings? It shows this site is growing by leaps and bounds, and generating HUGE amounts of traffic. Really exciting!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Alex Jones is the Glen Beck of the internet. A fat, gassy windbag who likely doesn't even believe the self-contradicting nonsense he spews professional.

IMO, his target demographic is young men between the ages of 18-28, who still still have such a simplistic understanding of the world that they can separate everything into black and white, NWO and 'Freedom".

edit on 26-2-2011 by inkyminds because: edited to clarify that is my opinion, for those who worhsip alex jones.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

i get what you are saying, but i have seen A LOT of fighting between members on this site over semantics, opposed to intelligent debating and conversation. it is only 'calmer' on this site because you can not hear the people arguing with each other. whatever you want to say about alex jones is cool and fine by me, but do keep in mind that he was woken up way more people in this country (if not the world) than anyone on this website has (there are probably many people on this site who he has woken up as well).

his rants (though i can see where people are coming from about them being over done or whatever else) only really reflects on his true thoughts and feelings on the situation at hand. whether anyone wants to see it or not, this man is working his ass off to get the truth out and most people want to ignore him and go about their petty lives as willfully ignorant slaves, as well as the people who call him crazy and whatever else (most of the time without any backing or reason to why mr. jones is crazy). i would rant and yell all the time too if i was this man, hell i do rant and yell all the time like this man because like him, i am quite upset that "THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!!" is turning into Nal Hutta (starwars reference. kudos to whoever gets it ^.^)
edit on 26-2-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

and you have no room or right to say that without any thing to back it up with.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga

and you have no room or right to say that without any thing to back it up with.

You're right.

I just put "IMO" at the front of my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
AJ ,GB,Assange they all want to be the first to expose its just a race for attention but ATS is different as diverse communication disputes and refutes or confirms facts from fiction.Overall none of alternative news is wrong as alot can leak through that has real truth to it,and no one can deny AJ ,asange have inputed alot of info toward ATS for members to rip to shreds...Grrr.....awl !..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
t ATS is different as diverse communication disputes and refutes or confirms facts from fiction..

I have found some small snippets of truth on ATS over the years, but in general, especially the past few years, I'd say that m wn experience is there is FAR more fiction than fact, and there is ZERO 'official' refutation.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Thing is officials do tell lies,climategate for example and sometimes breaking knowledge can come from diverse criticism,with AJ,Assange ,GB they have their own line and nothing else,kinda like Gore in climategate.
We are all not above criticism and we all blow our own trumpets !.Constructive criticsm is welcome,has anyone heard that on radio.Snap...your off !.

edit on 26-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How did this become all about Alex Jones?
Sure the guy founded infowars but it's not him we should be talking about here. The topic remind you all is which alternative news sites are most popular.
Alex Jones or not, Infowars does carry good news articles wrote by lots of intelligent sources. You don't have to listen to Alex Jones radio show to enjoy the infowars website. In fact confusing Alex for Infowars is where the ignorance begins in this thread. Say what you want about Alex Jones but please leave it out of this since it's really not the topic.
These sites, ATS and Infowars are great alternative news sites with more members than any other sites I have ever seen. They provide the public a great wealth of information and allow its members to interact with the content - something most MSM outlets don't let happen.
That to me is why these sites are #1.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First of all, Good job ATS! This is a GREAT site and I love being a part of it!

About Alex Jones: In my opinion Alex Jones is and his followers are kinda....well I don't want to say scary so maybe cult like would be a better description!

Jones is like the preacher of a church gone mad in a world gone mad and he is desperately trying to get his cult followers all riled up to start a civil war!

I don't know if he's trying to wake people up or just scare the hell out of them and make them feel pinned against a wall with evil closing in on all sides so they will either cower in the corner or lunge forward on the attack.

All-in-all there is something about him that I just don't like.

Thanks once again for another one of your excellent threads Dimensional!

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 26-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to

Nobody said it is all about AJ,reading carefully its a race to get alternative news out there,but everybody puts there own slant on it,but ATS members are different from infowars because we don`t all suck up to a idol,as you have expressed in your free opinion,theres open opinion,thats the difference between views and medias that become cults.
Thanks for reminding me ATS is ,and never willl be a cult.No I am not saying infowars is a cult either.Just its a fine line between,gaddafi and sanity,if you get my drift.

AEONSTORM ,you read my mind !

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Great minds think alike hey gringo?

Here have a star

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry for going off topic here for a second but I believe ATS should have a Hall of Fame for posters and DimensionalDetective should be in it!!

edit on 26-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: structure

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
it doesnt surprise me he has many video watches

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

oh noooo

i260.photobucket.com...
edit on 26-2-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join