It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the sky every night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
High just wanted to say i see something every night in the same place just above the horizon S/SW i live in the Uk and every night i look up at the stars in my back yard and see what looks like a star but its yellow in color and flickers a lot more than the stars it's also very bright i've tried to take a picture of it but my camera/recorder can't capture it has anybody got any idea's what it could be.
when the stars move over the night this stays behind or moves much slower and its not a plane or something like that is there any comets etc that we can see in that direction now?
take a look for your self and see weather you can see it like i say i live in cheshire in the UK and i see it S/SW so you can use that to plot which way to look you shouldn't have to look hard because it really stands out on a clear night

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sounds like the Govt. has a satellite watching you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

At present Antares is on the horizon over uk horizon,south-south east,bright yellow just above tree line,chill

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

thats most interesting last week i was up late 230 am i went out the back for a smoke and waw what i saw in the sky was very big and bright it also seemed to have moons around it i have a reflector telescope but i was to tired to have a closer look the next day a friend came around and said as he was on his way to work early in the morning he saw it was it Jupiter he asked well i have observed the planets for years and this one seemed to be out of position i live in northern Victoria Australia its got me bugged so i will stay up tonight and have a closer look

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Try going on-line to find a star chart that you can set to your time and location. There is one called Starry Night. I think they have a free version plus some you can buy.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

i've got star maps and programs on my computer and iphone but all the other stars are there but this one

i did come across something that didn't have a name but a date in Oct-23 i think that was on distant suns on the iphone

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Nice one let me no if you see it
you'll notice it straight away because it doesn't fit in with the back drop of stars

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

nice-one i'll check that out

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3

i've got star maps and programs on my computer and iphone but all the other stars are there but this one

i did come across something that didn't have a name but a date in Oct-23 i think that was on distant suns on the iphone

quote]Originally posted by majestic3

OK. I assume that you put the correct elements of time and location into one of your sky programs and didn't find it to be either a star such as Sirius, the brightest star in the sky and neither the planet Venus or Jupiter?

Other than a bright, naked-eye comet of which none are reported and would be visible around the world, then the object must be fairly local to your position. However, I would suggest that you double check your star and planet charts.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The OP had a valid observation and I have seen antares myself and it is odd as bright yellow on horizon.The Op just wanted to know what it was.

At present Antares is on the horizon over uk horizon,south-south east,bright yellow just above tree line,chill

edit on 26-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

The OP had a valid observation and I have seen antares myself and it is odd as bright yellow on horizon.The Op just wanted to know what it was.

That is all very well, but my response was to the post I quoted which you evidently did not read. He dismissed it being a star and seemed to indicate that he had checked it with his astronomy programs, I suspect he had not at the time of his original post. Had he done so we could have expected more details about stars in the area of this object and the possibility of it being a planet. You will have to excuse me for thinking it was a planet or a star. His account was lacking in detail and suspect, if only as an honest misinterpretation of what he witnessed.

When a supposed UFO takes hours to move and does so in the direction in which the stars are (seemingly) moving also, the thing is commonly a misinterpreted astrological body. It is up to him to demonstrate to us that it was not, and he did not.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

yeah i see that too. i live close to you i assume im seeing the same thing

Edit - comment was aimed at OP
edit on 26-2-2011 by johngtr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This is aimed at everyone,and theres something odd in the sky,remember,remember the 9th of november ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
.www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
WAKEUP SHEEPLE

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

This is aimed at everyone,and theres something odd in the sky,remember,remember the 9th of november ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
.www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
WAKEUP SHEEPLE

Oh, boy! Are you now trying to suggest that what he saw was an asteroid? Please be specific, I have specific info to share with you about that topic.

Heck. I'll share it now: You can't seen an asteroid, any asteroid, with the naked eye.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Exactly ,but we can see it through other frequencies and we will need shades if it hits.Ever heard of en.wikipedia.org...

Spectroscopy is the study of the interaction between matter and radiated energy. Historically, spectroscopy originated through the study of visible light dispersed according to its wavelength, e.g., by a prism. Later the concept was expanded greatly to comprise any interaction with radiative energy as a function of its wavelength or frequency. Spectroscopic data is often represented by a spectrum, a plot of the response of interest as a function of wavelength or frequency.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Exactly ,but we can see it through other frequencies and we will need shades if it hits.Ever heard of en.wikipedia.org...

Spectroscopy is the study of the interaction between matter and radiated energy. Historically, spectroscopy originated through the study of visible light dispersed according to its wavelength, e.g., by a prism. Later the concept was expanded greatly to comprise any interaction with radiative energy as a function of its wavelength or frequency. Spectroscopic data is often represented by a spectrum, a plot of the response of interest as a function of wavelength or frequency.

If you want to attempt to cover you misspeaks with off-topic, innane material, be my guest. I'm done trying to teach you anything.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don`t need teaching its closer than the moon and will be some miles close to the moon as it traverses between earth and moon at 34,672 mph at a size of 1312 feet and 12 780 605 488 inches from the moon.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
thanks for all your help you all get a star
tonight it was just above the three stars in orion

and was brighter than them
and i don't think its betelgeuse because i've not noticed it near orion before tonight

edit on 26-2-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

yeah it stands out,
glad it's not just me seeing it
thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

If its off up above to the left its Betelgeuse ,if it top right its bellatrix and to be honest it could`nt move from the horizon to the belt of orion,if its bottom right of belt its rigel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join