It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; Please wake up.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am still a little new so I hope I put this in the right place.

We are under siege in America. How is it that the supposed most free country in the world has allowed so many freedoms to be taken away with less than a whimper? We have the highest prison population in the developed world. There is a new group called the TSA that now controlls transportation and will search you getting on are off the trains. Farmers are falling left and right to laws that are designed to consolidate the large corps. control over the food markets. Your tax dollars that are suppose to go to teachers and roads and bridges, go to big banks and cars companies that sent jobs to foriegn lands.

What does it take? At what point and time do we realize this land of ours has been sold to someone else and we are holding a empty deed? Does no one else see this? If I am wrong please correct me. Show me the error of my ways.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

I feel your pain. Even though I live in Australia it seems were fighting, and losing the same battle. I love this country so much but it has changed alot over the years. Once was a time we owned our resources etc but we have sold off so much to overseas interests, it's scary. Privatisation is an evil word as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I feel ya man! I'm so sick of the apathy and passiveness.
I try to explain simple documented and known facts to people only to be blown off and called a tin foil hat wearer. This is what I get for being concerned about friends, family, and my country.

A former friend even went as far as telling me that my grandfather and great grandfather would be completely dissapointed in me! That of course is when I kicked that b*tch out of my house before going ballistic.

The problem is it doesn't matter with alot of these idiots. They could be standing on a railroad track, theres a train roaring down on them, you tell them a train is coming, and they in return say your a lying sack of shat.

Wake up people!... your about to get hit by a train!
edit on 25-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, it is not really 'our land' is it. I think it belonged to someone else, and we just took it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

Afraid I have to disagree with you there. Where I was born, I call my land. I have as much right to it as everyone else who was born here, whatever the timeframe is.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I believe the people of Wisconsin have "woken up". Granted most people have their own views on whether or not Unions are good or bad, that is their own personal opinion. But the people in Wisconsin stood up for their views. Follow that state closely, for all of the people who who stood up and protested, will now be alot more aware of who gets elected into office, and what laws will be passed. It may seem small at first, but that's all it takes. Once you start taking away rights, people start paying attention.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The real question is who gave the illusion that we own anything,we all came into the world with nothing and go the same way.Money is a fabrication of control and nothing other,it has power,that power is to buy and sell materials food,minerals and human souls for trade ,depending on how they are evaluated within our educational establishments as assets.Sheep are sheep,wolves are wolves,lions are lions.everybody is a asset,money,does`nt matter who owns it
Real question
Are we ,sheep(follow the next person)
Are we wolves (I will survive ruthlessly)
Are we lions. (Stand back I roar )
Are we dumb.
Money overrated,carrot on a stick,and is that not what they did to Lazy donkeys.just saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

You can disagree all you want. But, you are wrong and you know it. This land, please tell me how it does not belong to American Indians. I love when people lie to me

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Ahh...how true. But it is so much easier to stay asleep, isn't it? People only hear what they want to hear, and they think those of us who ARE awake are crazy. But they are the ones who will be shellshocked when TSHTF and won't be able to cope with their new reality.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ya... just like mexico belongs to spain/spanish/mexicans. Is that what your saying? Was it not the Mayans there first? What about the theory of Asians coming across Alaska to north America. Does Europe belong to Africans?

Quit derailing the topic.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I completely understand what your saying, but the more that is taken out of our, the peoples, control, the less control we have over any decision making. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I will weigh in.
Native Americans migrated here. Native Americans killed and took lands from other native Americans. Native Americans died and did not take their lands with them.
So, they had ownership of nada. nothing. nil.
A good person is a good steward of the land, and is in touch with nature. Native Americans do not own that distinction.
As for as the topic, I believe people in America will wake up when their stomach pains won't go away.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh ok Nana. I agree with you that we stole this land about a hundred years ago.And yes it was wrong,but if you would like to wake up and join the conversation in the here and now in 2011 we would love to have you. We stole land and inslaved black both but i was not even born then nore do i support racism.I am more worried about the world i live in now.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

And we have Reservations that respect their claims? What is your point? That you don't know facts?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Excuse me but I'm not lying, I'm stating my opinion. I'm not from America as I stated before, and I never said America didn't belong to the American Indians. Wherever you are born, that is your land is what I said. American Indians, white Americans, black Americans, Australian Aboriginies, white Aussies etc etc etc

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Can we stay on topic with this thread instead of discussing indians etc....?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: Too many whiners

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Same in th UK old son.... democracy is a means to vote for supposed representatives (parliament) to negotiate with banks and corporations on behalf of the hoi poloi. Of course the reps have to benefit from their unstinting sacrifice to public service by receiving seats on the boards of companies (conservative) or well allowanced committees and quangos (labour). As far as the old divide and rule principle goes TPTB have the UK bought and paid for with the general public so diverse that unity is a very long way off. The trade unions have been very effectively neutered by new laws that they are small in number and unheard in the general wailing and gnashing of teeth. MSM concentrate on non stories about celebs and soaps to mollify the masses and our young are less and less educated and dissuaded from any inspiration beyond fame and celebrity (the instant type preferred).
However... as a great Chinese sage, who's name escapes me at the moment, said “all things change”.

Heres hoping

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What did you want to talk about - how easy your wife is?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens
Well, it is not really 'our land' is it. I think it belonged to someone else, and we just took it.

This sentiment is ridiculous... please, stop with the divisive bs.

Im Blackfeet ( Siksika) and this is YOUR land as much as MY land. Guess what? WHite men made the most amazing country in the world, my people or other NAs didnt. When people spout that kind of ignorant nonsense they not only prove the have absolutely no sense of history but also absolutely NO idea about NAs in general.

Let me clarify: There are many tribes.. each tribe is different with different social structures and even different genetics. Being Blackfeet is totally different than being Cherokee or Navajo.. "indians" didnt occupy the whole united states.. and were never at any time one body. Why must some try to lump us all together and deny our individuality? We've always been separate. MY land is in Montana.. and you cant have it.. you certainly cant take it just as the feds couldnt. Most of us who dont have our heads up our rear ends realize this country was and is amazing.. and feel good about participating in what OUR founding fathers created... you can not keep that away from us either. Most of us are ready and willing to fight for it. MANY of our ancestors fought along side whites in the American Revolution.. Im 100% Blackfeet and Im also a DAR. We were not savages.. we understood the concept of a free and united union and were willing to support it. I resent the idea that people foolishly claim being PC when its divisive and absolutely historically wrong. By centering on the "we took it" and " we were so bad to the natives" it takes away from not only our contributions to this country but our loyalty of it. Im not speaking for all NA's.. just the majority of the ones I have met, interacted with and know personally. Im speaking from the perspective of being a child of 2 rez born parents.
There will be whiners in every group crying for reparations and more govt cheese... but you get the idea. Hopefully.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yea, I believe that. Tell me Mr. Blackfoot, what does death mean to a Blackfoot Indian?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join