It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the GOV wants your gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

OK so you are not for the Patriot act vote against tax did not vote for gun control, or if you are against the war then yes you are a "terrorist" you need to read what a Terrorist is not just them any more it is a free thinker.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
reply to post by bekod

Just out curiosity,

How do you feel about the fact that the United States has 8 times more gun related crimes than any other economic counterpart?

Do you see any correlation between that fact and that the United States has some of the loosest gun regulations?

How do you feel about our loose regulations supplying Mexican Cartels with nearly four fifths of their arsenal?

I am merely seeking your opinions

America was founded by people with arms. If you take the arms out of America, you take the freedom out of America. Ask the neutered ones (Britts and Australians to name a few) They long for the days they could own a gun again.

The second amendment was part of the bill of rights to protect the rights of the people to defend themselves. Not so much from the ordinary criminal but from the tyrannical government that would arise if no guns were allowed.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Declaration of Independence alludes to the need for the people to keep their government in check:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

This is what makes America America. When Americans are no longer allowed to own arms it will no longer be populated by Americans, it will be populated by slaves to the tyranny.

Until being free is worse than letting someone own a gun, all the anti-gun stats etc are really just stats and are meaningless. I would rather be free and have to defend myself than be a slave dependent on someone else to secure me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The government knows there will be to many deaths on both sides to ban gun ownership.
They will however try to regulate the sh*t out of it.
If you are up on the gun rights history of this country you would know this has been going on since america was born.
Read UNINTENDED CONSQUENCES a book be John Ross and you will get all the regulation inacted since ww 1.
Unintended consquences is about freedom. And the price we already paid for it, just too many sheeple forgot.
go read.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well here is a thought, what if one day GFB, the GOV and the FEDs say you will surrender you guns all of them no exceptions what then? would you say ok here you go or would you say yes "you can have it , just have to pry it out of my, cold... dead... hand!"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by Marulo

Maybe you haven't heard the news but apparently the ATF is the largest supplier of Americans to the cartels.

Linking on mobile is a pain. Search ATS or Google for the Gunwalker scandal of recent weeks. Two nights ago CBS had a report on it. The first MSM report on the matter.

Our government is corrupt as hell and it's going so far as to fuel war along our borders and kill it's own people just to keep the money coming in and the fear rising.

How those American guns are getting to Mexico is the very reason we all have to be armed and trained and ready.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by bekod

Just out curiosity,

How do you feel about the fact that the United States has 8 times more gun related crimes than any other economic counterpart?

Do you see any correlation between that fact and that the United States has some of the loosest gun regulations?

How do you feel about our loose regulations supplying Mexican Cartels with nearly four fifths of their arsenal?

I am merely seeking your opinions

1. It's all in the definition. Someone defending their home from intruders with an "illegal" gun is defined as a gun related crime. When a cop shoot a handcuffed suspect in the back it's not defined as a gun related crime. If gun laws applied equally to citizens and law enforcement, I believe there would be fewer crimes classified as "gun related."

2. Define "loose." To me, the Constitution clearly says "shall not be infringed." Any gun regulation beyond that is unconstitutional, in my opinion, and is simply an attempt to circumvent the Constitution. Again, if our current gun regulations were applied to law enforcement in other countries, then their "gun related crime" rate would far exceed ours. Just consider how many "developed" countries use guns against their own people, and consider if those were counted as gun related crimes.

3. I don't necessarily believe that's true, but if it is, it would have the silver lining that at least American manufacturers are exporting something. Now if we can only get more guns into the hands of non-drug cartel Mexicans, maybe they can take care of the cartels for us. I wouldn't be too heartbroken to read a story where a town got fed up with a cartel, and the cartel members wound up in a mass grave for a change.

I would agree that our gun regulations are "loose" in a way. "Solid" gun regulation would be sticking to one law: the Constitution. This hodge-podge of "you can have this here but not there" , "you can't have this but someone else can", and "you can only have this if we give you permission first" is pretty loose.

Bottom line for me, I believe any gun law in America should apply equally to all Americans, LEOs or not. If I can't walk down the street with an automatic weapon, why can an LEO? Aren't we all supposed to be equal under the law? That's a rhetorical question, of course. The 535 and their minions don't believe that they should have to follow the same laws as their slaves.
edit on 25-2-2011 by VictorVonDoom because: clarity

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

Hello Marulo,
The figures you quoted were adaquately debunked right here on a previous thread.....
They checked serial nos.
Through slight of hand the real % was misrepresented and the actual percent turned out much lower than claimed.
It was within the last moth or so...please try a search for other threads posted previously on this issue(Batf encouraged gun sales to mexicans. and dubious people.
The gun shop where this occured was in a texas town....
I am sorry, but thats all i got, the figure WAS debunked as bogus of that i am positive.
The PTB are constantly twisting these numbers to show things their way......
ill see if i can find you all a link though....back later......

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

You don't even have a clue.

I'm so sick of these tools!

Go back to sleep.

... and no I won't explain further.... I found it pointless many times over.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by stirling

Very interesting. Would you mind pointing me to your source? This would clarify a lot for me.

My searches only result in DEA, BATF, and blog statistics. Granted I have not taken much time to research, but your suggestions would be appreciated as anyones would be.

Just do a search on here under "ATF" they themselves gave the mexican drug cartels a few million dollars worth of firearms that are illegal for normal US law abiding citizens unless you hold a class III permit. I'm all for keeping guns out of criminals hands as long as the laws are specific and held to the "T" and does not infringe on those of us that are law abiding citizens and gun owners then I will have no problem. Problem that really needs to be addressed is why the feck did the ATF give mexican criminals millions of dollars of firearms that mine and your tax dollars paid for? Those responsible for this within the ATF and anyone that contributed to this need to have there "American Citizenship" revoked kick them the feck out of this country or sentence them to life in prison without possiblility of parole. Don't use the US law abiding citizen/gun owner as a scapegoat when your own dang governement is creating this to fuel more strict gun laws here in the states. Here is you link ATF Project Gunrunner

(CBSNews) WASHINGTON - Keeping American weapons from getting into the hands of Mexican gangs is the goal of a program called "Project Gunrunner." But critics say it's doing exactly the opposite. CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reports on what she found.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
and the last few post is why this law s 34 might just pass we do not give a you know what any more what goes on here in the US!!! We care more about what happens south ??????? Well then let it pass.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yes they do want your/ours, mine (if i had any) guns haha..

In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Additionally, the Court enumerated several longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession that it found were consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits State and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government

"unconnected to service in a militia"... unconstitutional...

and "to use that arm for traditionally lawful puposes"... READ THE 2ND

en.wikipedia.org...

but.. even though those ignorant..so called law makers keep trying to obolish the sacred 2nd Adm.. it'll never happen..a major protest will incur and (off topic 1 should be set in motion for many reasons.).and if not resolved very shortly..a civil war,.... in wich any peace officer, gov. military personell shall infringe on our rights as we pay their livelyhood (as they pay ZERO taxes), minus the pigs) are the MOST hipocritical single celled parasite scum sucking POS to ever cease to exist and waste oxygen of those deserving whilst contaminating the fragile earth..im sure there will be justice and in FAVOUR of the 2ND...

every born american knows it...

Right to bear arms

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

peace,,, until its pushed to far!!! (almost there tho)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Somewhere in this thread someone asked for a link to the bill...

Here it is..

S. 34: Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2011

For that its worth - it seems that almost the exact same was tried in '09...

H.R.2159.IH Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009

I wonder if there could be a bill with more stacked and dramatic wording?! "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists"!!!! Oh gosh yes!! We don't want that do we! Wait - what about the regular terrorists, the ones that aren't classified as "Dangerous Terrorists"? You know, your normal "Harmless Terrorists" - I guess its fine and dandy to supply them with guns and explosives.

Geeze - who do they think they are fooling with that language? Its like having a bill titled, "Act to Stop Supplying Axes to Crazy, Bloodthirsty, Axe Murderers!!"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
now how are they going to know this are they now scy cops now?

‘(1) determines that the transferee is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support or resources for terrorism; and

‘(2) has a reasonable belief that the prospective transferee may use a firearm in connection with

edit on 26-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)
that is from this www.govtrack.us...
edit on 26-2-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

not if they do it slowly now did you know that you could be listed as a you know what, i will give you a hint it starts with a T. i will see the DHS and the dreaded P act for it, to put it plainly, let say you are taking pictures and some one see you call the cops ,now you are just there doing nothing but taking pictures you like buildings, the statues and such, well not to them you plan on doing something wrong, get were i am going? but know that you have had a talking to depending on your temper you get off with a warning or you go you know were now in either case you are now on a list. get it?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

The problem is that it is so vague.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
They might get our guns... but it is likely to come AFTER they get our ammo first... one slug a time, carefully placed!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the government already has enough guns.
I'll just keep mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'll let Chuck do my talking for me...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you for posting this. I will check it out now that I have the chance.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hello, thank you for your post.

I have heard this side of the story now, although I am a little confused.
Obviously the PTB can attempt to accomplish w/e they wish, but why would they publish false statistics that make the american government look bad?

Or perhaps I have misinterpreted you, but if that is the case do you think they are trying to get us to revolt? Or trying to get people to support new gun laws?

edit on 26-2-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join