It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Support The Revolution Without Understanding The Concept!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
People wake up. Whilst the revolution sounds like an awesome idea people have no clue that the western capitals are the reason for the 'awaking' of middle east. They are not supporting freedom but only adding on to their project.
Like Gaddafi's son has indicated what the west is trying to do is to have total control over the Arabic county's. Why do you think the media is portraying Gaddafi as evil? It's all a conspiracy, even though it may be brutal in my opinion Gaddafi is doing the right decision by not giving up power, Libya is a poor country it will fall apart if it has no head.
The rumours about Gaddafi are only coming from one channel "Al Jazeera" don't make conclusions without understanding and carefully undermining what is going on.
America already has what they need Libya's amount of petrol accounts to nothing and the increase of prices on grocery's are only because the government has lead you to believe its because of the revolution, no its not they just put more tax on it.
Well all I hope is that the people are able to unify and over come this but as it seems that's not possible.
Good luck Middle east!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99

Libya is a poor country it will fall apart if it has no head.

Libya has substantial oil reserves ........

substantial enough to give its 6 million inhabitants a better standard of living.

What exactly is this concept ?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by foreshadower99

Libya is a poor country it will fall apart if it has no head.

Libya has substantial oil reserves ........

substantial enough to give its 6 million inhabitants a better standard of living.

What exactly is this concept ?

If you believe the numbers delivered by OPEC, Libya holds over 46 billion barrels of oil, is the largest oil reserve in Africa and in the top ten oil reserves world wide. So, sure the western world wants to see Gaddafi fall, because he is stifling the oil production. If a new leadership is put into power and the oil production there cranked back up, then Libya stands on the brink of breaking out of poverty and into a wealth of the worlds cash flow. Sadly, no matter who gets into power there and opens the oil flow, the money will likely never trickle down to the people. It will just be hoarded by some militaristic dictator. Oil, timber, diamonds, guns...it does not seem to matter the source, there is just something about the African leaders that always ends up being some murderous warlord taking all the wealth and killing anyone who speaks out.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

We certainly are responsible for this awakening if you mean western foreign policy has allowed the existence of these brutal regimes. I see no evidence supporting Gaddafi's actions.

Perhaps you are correct but you must provide us with evidence to support your claim before I can take them seriously.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When Gaddafi said the protests were the work of Osama Bin Laden, I immediately took into consideration that the United States and their allies may be responsible for the recent unrest in the Middle East, or at the very least Libya.

I never really believed a 6'5'' man with kidney failure, while traveling the rugged terrain of Afghanistan and Pakistan and at the same time traveling with a IV machine, exists at all. I've always believed Osama Bin Laden was the work of the CIA, an excuse to invade Afghanistan for their precious metal. It escapes me how we haven't found this man, let alone how he vanished during Tora Bora (if he was even there..).

So could this 'Osama' (a CIA-ploy) be responsible for the uprising, so western powers can eventually take control of the vast wealth in oil Libya is sitting on? I wouldn't doubt it 1 bit. And the media coverage is doing a superb job at glorifying Gaddafi as the anti-christ. Didn't we (America) do the SAME EXACT thing to Chavez? How has Chavez been perceived in international media? All those things they are saying about Chavez couldn't be true, because he's apparently still in power, and still loved by his people.

Gaddafi has been a leader who's promoted the welfare of the "little guy". Just like Iran and Cuba, the Libyan government wouldn't bow down to western giants. And just like Iran and Cuba, we are attempting to overthrow their government, and spinning the news coverage to win the hearts and minds of everyone so everyone wouldn't mind if we 'went in and stopped Libya with force'.

I just find it a little wacky that the death toll hit 2,000 within a single week. I don't know why Gaddafi would send out mercenary thugs to randomly shoot up houses...I don't think he's THAT crazy. I call bluff.
edit on 26-2-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

join