It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Army forcefully clearing protesters from Tahrir Square.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
According to twitter the army has been using force to disband protesters from Tahrir Square. People are calling for the 2nd part of the revolution to start now against the army. Craziness.

Eye-witnesses: Army chasing, using tazer guns and short whips 2disperse crowds in #Tahrir. Looks like we need another millionia tmr. #jan25

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At this moment I can only offer my support through my writing!

I hope the Egyptian people will remain united. The next few years is going to be bumpy for all of us at one point or another. As long as we stand together anything is possible.

I have a feeling that the Egyptian military know better than to use lethal force against them, however if the will of the people is ignored then the Egyptians and the International community must confront the Egyptian military.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We will see how this goes. I think the Egyptian military was all for losing Mubarak. But they never intended to hand over power to the people. If they have time, they will set up "elections" between a couple military selected, and business approved candidates and the Egyptian people can have the same bull# democracy we have here in the west.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Do you have any links?

If this is true its wonderful news.

The military in egypt seems to be as corrupt as the politicians.

I can't help but wonder who will try and step into the vaccum of power next though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Thats the problem with starting a revolution with no plan to put in place if you win.

Everyone wants a revolution, no one ever has a ready plan to step into power and seize the reins, and when you leave a vacancy in a position of power, all the bad guys begin their own little war to see who will get to fill the spot and continue the game of "screw the peasants."

Do people really not ever look at history?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Do you have any links?

If this is true its wonderful news.

The military in egypt seems to be as corrupt as the politicians.

I can't help but wonder who will try and step into the vaccum of power next though.

No links, just what I see on twitter. Been following alot of these people since the beginning and are mostly the hardcore protesters. These days it seems like twitter first then news links follow. If you follow the #jan25 posts on twitter you'll see the news I reckon.

here's another tweet.

Gsquare86

The high general first gave a speech about how he has orders to "empty the square" then they started beating us using taser & sticks
edit on 25-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Egypt army removes demonstrators from Tahrir

bikyamasr.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would only be half suprised though if egypt keeps overthrowing every corrupt attempt to controll them.

The biggest reason the US hasn't interviened (beyond oil) is the fact that the egyptian military have their collective heads right up the US's... well you get the picture.

If egypt throws the military out of power the US will try and "help" the egyptians next.
Thats when things will get really bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Exactly right. If the Egyptian people put someone in power that isnt sucked up tight to big oil, then the US will have to step in and "help" them get democracy going.

Lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I guess the good thing is the people seem pretty informed and realize that the military is bought by the US. Overthrowing the military's power is not an easy task though.

edit: i really got a creepy feeling when everyone was cheering the military when they came on the streets. Knowing that one of the top military men just left the pentagon the day before.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess Egypt will now turn into Libya.
I wonder if the folks in Tunisia still
think they are free too ???
hmmmm

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think i'm going to get flamed for my views but .... meh IMHO it's time the protesters got going and the military got some order in the square if election dates are set and they (the people) disagree with the outcome THEN protest you can't expect anything to change in what 2 weeks since mubarak ****'d off.

I can understand the people's frustration but there's only so much the military high command can take that goes for the american and british police as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
I can understand the people's frustration but there's only so much the military high command can take that goes for the american and british police as well.

Who do the police or "military high command" work for in a democracy? Just curious as to how you see the hierarchy.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by rationaluser

Who do the police or "military high command" work for in a democracy? Just curious as to how you see the hierarchy.

Well "technically" they work for the people but i wouldn't take myself seriously if i said that there weren't officers there trying to further there own agenda. But at least they aren't letting the police take control.... famous last words ):

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

I think the egyptians just want a fair system of government that isn't being manipulated by foreign powers.

...but then don't we all

new topics

top topics

join