It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Former Canadian defence minister accuses American government of cover-up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This guy spoke out before but now he has gone to the press again.

#

He says he'd get fired for his views if in office today
#

Claims U.S. military had weapons to use against UFOs and that aliens can help us learn about climate change

He is on an advisory body to the Queen, works as an environmental campaigner and is credited with integrating Canada's armed forces.

But aside from all this, the ex-Canadian defence minister says UFOs are real, aliens have visited Earth and the U.S. government is covering up information about them.

Paul Hellyer says he would probably get fired for his views if he was still Canada's Minister of National Defense today, but is adamant he has seen UFOs himself.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is interesting, i don't see any reasons why this guy would lie.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the problem with this guy is he never has proof. as minister of defense he should have had access to sensitive information on ufo's.

and i have never heard him claim that he has read documents that prove his allegations. if he did he should know detailed specifics on them, where they are housed and what weapons the u.s. is building to combat them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
This guy spoke out before

He has indeed spoken out before... again, and again, and again (such as in the videos below).

One of the longer threads about Paul Hellyer on ATS already (out of many, many threads) is the one below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If he actually provided some evidence, rather than simply keep making allegations and refering to positions he once held, maybe he would not have to repeat himself so often...

Also, his decision to associate himself with Steven Greer and the exopolitics crowd makes his opinions and judgment rather suspect.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 25-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I've heard comments attributed to this man before on this subject. If correct, it shows we have both friendly and unfriendly visitors. S & F.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the problem with this guy is he never has proof. as minister of defense he should have had access to sensitive information on ufo's.

and i have never heard him claim that he has read documents that prove his allegations. if he did he should know detailed specifics on them, where they are housed and what weapons the u.s. is building to combat them.

is there ever gonna be any hard physical proof? no? you skeptics just cant see it....all you want is proof here and proof that this happened and all this other bull#. your greedy and close minded. i believe everything he has to say. you are seriously retarted NOT to. thats what the government is. corrupt. thats the whole freakin point of a "government". to control and corrupt.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

A little bit hars but yes i agree completley with your post. So many people had spoken out but they all got accused for lying to the people. Guess what folke.Governments do that all the time and nobody cares. Sceptics want proof but if soemone gives them proof they dismiss it anyways. It´s so ridicilous.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Canadian Defence minister... Vatican theologian... sixth man on the moon... etc... it's irrelevent who you are, if you say aliens have/are visiting Earth - you're CRAZY!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your "spoiled-child" attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.

Learn how to express your opinions properly, and I'll come back and explain why yours are completely illogical.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

Your "spoiled-child" attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.

Learn how to express your opinions properly, and I'll come back and explain why yours are completely illogical.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

What are you... His KG teacher???
Your reply makes you sound like the typical skptic that will never have enough proof no matter what is presented to you...

I think he's frustrated to the point of almost blowing a fuse because it's people like YOU that makes this subject seem like a joke to the majority of the population instead of taking it serious which it VERY well should be...

Luckily, it seems that the masses are starting to second guess the existence of ET and the possibility of them visiting Earth in the past, present or future. Maybe you should rethink your logic because it doesn't sound like theres much to it if your well versed on this topic and still deny the creditable eveidence thats available to us all if we just look for it.

What really gets me is that people believe in "God" or a higher power but think people who believe in ET are lunatics because theres no evidence? Explain that to me?

edit on 25-2-2011 by ls1cameric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
he doesn't need proof, because he expects that if someone is legitimately interested enough, they would research the thousands upon thousands of eye-witness reports documented from the 40s 'til now all throughout earth, various trace cases, military documents released from various governments, US-related military documents, other cases with physical evidence, corroborated reports with multiple credible witnesses and more.if you extensively research, you will find out that something strange is indeed going on. just like Hynek, a respected scientist and full blown skeptic who concluded contrarily to his initial belief whilst researching countless cases firsthand.

the smoking gun is difficult to find, but there is substantial evidence, enough to have one conclude on several matters pertaining to these anomalies.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy

A little bit hars but yes i agree completley with your post. So many people had spoken out but they all got accused for lying to the people. Guess what folke.Governments do that all the time and nobody cares. Sceptics want proof but if soemone gives them proof they dismiss it anyways. It´s so ridicilous.

Well I'm a sceptic!

So give me proof......I promise that if you give me 100% proof that we have /are being visited by aliens I will not dismiss it.

p.s
Please do not point me to a youtube video of a speck of light dancing in the sky........thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Geeeezusssss.... You people all say the same thing... Show me 100% proof... If you pull your head out of the sand and look around outside of your little bubble that you live in day to day, you might actually see something..

There are multiple videos out there... "Im not talking about the youtube camera pone UFO videos".. There are videos out there that are undeniable evidence to anyone with a logical mind of something unearthly visiting us. one of my favorites is the ISS (I think) clip of a "UFO" that gets shot at over the earth. you see this orb cruising over earth and then a big flash on the ground and immediately, the "UFO" slingshots out of the way of what appears to be a beam of energy or missile that was clearly shot towards whatever that moving object way. I've NEVER seen anyone give a plausible explanation for that one...

Let me ask you this... Have you listened to the testimonies of the countless creditable people who have come forward over the years telling their first hand knowledge of ET's and UFO's? I'm referring to scientist, astronauts, military officers, ect... Now ask yourself and please share with us, why would these people who have so much to lose fabricate a story that they KNOW they will get them nothing but ridicule?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
But why do these fellows think the US has some particular ability to obtain and figure out alien technology or some magic, nearly century-old Nazi physics, and the rest of the world's nations come up blank. The US on it's own is just a small part of the world population, wealth, intelligence/smarts, and land mass. Why would we have any special abilities or insights vs. the rest of the whole world. Seems the rest of the world's government "disclosure" show & tells all wind up saying "We have no real idea what is going on" and then hide behind a bunch of "but we bet the US does" BS.

Seems to be demanding that the US is highly smart and stupid at the same time. We are smart enough to find some secret science no body else has been able to find in 70 years but too stupid to know what to do with it.
Smart enough to trick advanced aliens but too stupid to deal with other earthly governments on the subject. Etc, etc...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Canadian Defence minister... Vatican theologian... sixth man on the moon... etc... it's irrelevent who you are, if you say aliens have/are visiting Earth - you're CRAZY!

It's complete garbage too. You can disagree with Hellyer or Mitchell or anyone else who thinks there has been ET visitation, but the disparaging comments about these accomplished men is just flat out ignorant.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

Geeeezusssss.... You people all say the same thing... Show me 100% proof... If you pull your head out of the sand and look around outside of your little bubble that you live in day to day, you might actually see something..

So there isn't 100% proof then?

one of my favorites is the ISS (I think) clip of a "UFO" that gets shot at over the earth. you see this orb cruising over earth and then a big flash on the ground and immediately, the "UFO" slingshots out of the way of what appears to be a beam of energy or missile that was clearly shot towards whatever that moving object way. I've NEVER seen anyone give a plausible explanation for that one...

I'd like to see that one if you have a link.

Now ask yourself and please share with us, why would these people who have so much to lose fabricate a story that they KNOW they will get them nothing but ridicule?

Because the majority of them are selling books or DVD's

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Or maybe they are selling books and DVDs because, if you have a story to tell, that is the way to get it out these days?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
reply to post by Argyll

Or maybe they are selling books and DVDs because, if you have a story to tell, that is the way to get it out these days?

It's quite a story though isn't it? I would have thought that if you had verifiable evidence that we are or have been in contact with alien beings, you wouldn't have to put it in a book/DVD to sell it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Strangely enough Paul Hellyer hasn't written any books about UFO's. His books are all about politics, so unless he is planning to release a book on UFOs, this argument doesn't hold water in his case. It seems to me that he can't offer any proof because like many of us, he is just expressing his opinion after seeing a UFO and doing his own research. He seems to want to use his public profile to talk about a subject that he thinks is important.

I think the argument that all UFO advocates are out to make money is a complex one, not everyone is motivated by money (but some obviously are). I have often pondered whether I would accept money if I had 'proof' of ET visitation. Maybe the ridicule that would result from your claims would mean it would be difficult to make money any other way. I like to think I would be strong enough not to sell the 100 % proof to the highest bidder. Would people still question your credibility if you could prove you hadn't made a penny?.....they probably would.

edit on 26-2-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: stuff

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
There are videos out there

So how about those NASA videos???? Are they officially released by NASA, or an elaborate FX hoax?

edit on 26-2-2011 by la vie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
YOU that makes this subject seem like a joke to the majority of the population instead of taking it serious which it VERY well should be...

While I agree with what you said in your post in the whole I disagree with this sentence, look at the polls and surveys the vast majority believe in UFOs and aliens with more believing the higher you go up the iq or educational achievement pole.

The skeptics are the weirdos out of step with reality they just have powerful allies that skew things slightly so as to make it look the opposite for the purposes of their cover up, on boards like this they work in mutual support groups giving out stars, helping with research and chiming in with support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join