It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is behind all of these protests everywhere?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I refuse to believe all of these protests happened all on their own. I haven't done too much research into it, I know some people think that the Muslim Brotherhood is behind all of it. But now there are protests in North Korea and there are protests in Lybia. It's fine for all of these people to want freedom and democracy but there must be some organization that is bringing all these people together and organizing them. I don't believe that the US is directly responsible for all of this but I feel that our government certainly might be supporting the other protesters. How many governments are involved? It's obviously not just the US. Does anyone here know what's going on?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Could it be the Mahdi?

Or the Anti-Christ?

Or the NWO?
edit on 25-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i dont know what's causing this but did you hear col gaddafis long list of reasons.
he's blamed everything from the bbc to al-quaeda
crazy old clown, and blair shook his hand. tut tut tut
edit on 25-2-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That is a good question. I am 58 and I have never seen such chaos in my life. Surely something more is going on....but what is the agenda?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

While I do not discount the fact that these protests may or may not have been instigated, but, I think years of discontent has finally spilled over. People are finally standing up and saying, we are mad as hell and we are not taking it anymore. Although everyone has different morals and ideas, I think they are finally finding some common ground to stand on and coming together to form a common goal and beginning to actually work together to solve major problems and putting petty differences on the back burner. As more and more people do this and succeeds, it spreads the realism that there is strength in numbers and unity.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

As much as I would like to think that the government of Lybia is solely responsible for everything going on I just really can't bring myself to believing that. I'm sure there are some outside elements that are also responsible for what's happening there. The government is also probably responsible for a lot of it too. We're dealing with elements that we don't know about here.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Or it could just be the natural collapse of civilization.

Like the fall of Rome, but on a grander scale, since we have a global community now.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's simple..It's called the domino effect..Chaos breaks out one place..Then the rest of the world see's it, And realize how fed up with the system they are..And soon, Well you get the point, It all starts falling down like domino's.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Could it be the Mahdi?

Or the Anti-Christ?

Or the NWO?
edit on 25-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

W T F , who is Mahdi?!
POPE is the ANTI CHRIST...
New World Order is busy with killng humans , forgot?!
UFOTV Presents...: THE DISCLOSURE MADNESS CARTOON
www.youtube.com...

the only reasonable explanation is that humanity has lost it...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
These protests have been caused by the citizens of oppressed nations reaching a critical point. It was sparked by the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi. Any attempt to turn these protests into a conspiracy would have to determine that Bouazizi was influenced, or otherwise "convinced", to kill himself. Who picked him? Why was he picked? How was he seen as a sure-thing in sparking revolution?

As far as I'm concerned, these are organic protests resulting from people simply being fed-up with the way they're being treated by their respective dictatorships. To convince me otherwise, someone is going to have to show me how a global conspiracy, starting with Bouazizi, could both generate the protests we see and be the effective way of doing so as decided by the people "pulling the strings".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No, I believe that there is no hand behind the curtain pulling strings. Because when people get smacked in face day by day - eventually they say: "Enough is enough! I am hungry. Can't afford to buy food. I have no job. I see no future for me here in this country - something has to be done about it!" And when you have a young population and millions of people facing the same problems. Eventually some protests grow bigger than usual because people who sat at home and eating - have no home/food.

The only thing behind all this is logic!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I do not doubt that the people of these countries are sick of the way they are being treated. All I question is how they are managing to organize themselves so well. Usually people need some group of some sort to organize. Perhaps they have some groups that we don't know about that's underground? How can we trust what the agendas of these groups are? Do these groups really want Democracy or do they just want power? How can we know?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

The Mahdi is the Savior of the Islamic people. Like Christians are waiting for the second coming of Christ, Moslems are awaiting the Mahdi.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'll tell you a thing about people solidarity. When group of people feel endangered they join forces to fight against that threat. It's the same in every revolution. Some small group of people go to protest others join because they feel bonded to those protesters because they see as their brothers and sisters not some strangers.

Unity + solidarity = Power

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The article in this thread claims this is the guy behind it.

Gene Sharp, The 83 Year Old Who Toppled Egypt

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

and I don't blame the people of these countries, but let's be realistic, they spend decades under the thumb of evil despots and then suddenly they all rise up at once, definitely something is at work behind the scenes.

If Iran doesn't fall, I will be highly suspicious.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Inb4 TL;DR cool story bro: Kids have the internet, they see stuff they wish they had that western nations enjoy and realize their political system is the only thing standing in the way. Secondly, the income inequality is causing such a pronounced disparity that the common people cant take it anymore.

It seems suspicious to me as well, I was only recently standing in front of a tv asking myself this very question. But, I don't want to take away from the power of the people and their inspirational collective actions. If you read the book Legacy of Ashes, you'll know that the CIA and Whitehall are always trying to foment dissent against their enemies, but this really isn't a convenient time for anyone considering the economic mayhem still visible in the rear-view mirror and the domestic issues that are on everyone's plate right now.

I think the major motivator is that now, after the global economic crisis, the income gap and wealth inequality is so pronounced that people are becoming resentful and fed up with their fat cat leaders. Really, these protests came out of nowhere, just some guy lighting himself on fire in Tunisia causing the entire collapse of a political system North Africa and the Middle East have experienced for most of, if not all of their young citizens lives.

It is amazing to realize that most of the people in these countries, typically with a very young average age of the populace, are looking abroad and seeing how life in the west offers so many more opportunities than they have at home, and are choosing a political system they know nothing about but just hope will be better.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by CLPrime

I do not doubt that the people of these countries are sick of the way they are being treated. All I question is how they are managing to organize themselves so well. Usually people need some group of some sort to organize. Perhaps they have some groups that we don't know about that's underground?

It is amazing what having a mutual understanding can do among a group of people. As long as the people are aware of what they want to achieve and what the end result they seek is, there is nothing that can stop them. People just do not realize what their true potential is when they want something bad enough. It is rare to see these days, but I am excited to see what the American people can accomplish when it is our turn to really start speaking out, once they realize to just go with your gut and heart instead of worrying about getting in trouble or chastised for not being politically correct.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is an interesting take on the situation at hand. Whether it's true or not, it does give a different perspective. Personally, I would love to believe the people are finally getting charged up and are taking back their human rights. Time will tell though.

peace

Alex Kochkin has unique insights. Take a read.

"The Iranian news outlet announces "End of US-backed regimes over". Really? Just like that? Who organized and instigated these so-called mass protests? Who are the aspiring new leaders? What are their allegiances and beliefs systems? How many are like El Baradei ? –“new leaders” who have been tidily "kept", watered and cultivated, ready to be trotted out to help direct or misdirect when needed for some future contingency?

If for the sake of doing a thought-exercise, if the powers-that-be are really letting go of "their" precious Mesopotamia region and Northern Africa, (which they are not of course) --but let us just imagine they were. There is only one inference to be drawn: "they" (the powers-that-be - PTB) are anticipating a scenario of such devastating consequences to global human population, that it no longer matters to them. While such a scenario is anticipated by the PTB, I do not believe we have arrived at that point in time, not just yet.

Rather what we are seeing in the region in question is preliminary to the next stage of complete global control.

What is happening is a fast chaotic re-shuffling to prevent any major social disruptions due to failings of the various comprador elite in various locales. It matters not whether there is a new election, new rulers in military uniforms, or new rulers in civilian dress. Nothing has changed. These can be mostly characterized as a region-wide pre-emptive strike.

These superficial changeovers are less costly and less risky for the powers-that-be than all-out overt war and the social chaos provides a convenient cover story for formal martial law. This is a clever way to manipulate the genuine dissatisfactions of so many hundreds of millions of people. When these sorts of social chaos and quieter forms of meme engineering fail, then events are created to stimulate people accordingly. The events of Sept 11 2001 were such an example and there will be more like that, very likely of much greater mass effect."

newearthsummit.org...

dated 2/16/11 on the forum

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join