It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank everybody who has participated and have contributed to the discussion.

It is appreciated.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is a great video related to the topic.

ENJOY:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

.........Thread Update.........

I found this interesting perspective. I thought it was very related to what we've been discussing thus far.

Enjoy...
The untold story of evolution

the human lineage begins to look like a bush, with species sprouting in all directions.

And then the story starts to get really complicated. At some point, early humans get up and start moving. They spread. They pack their hand axes, leave Africa and start to colonise the Middle East, Europe, and South Asia. And there is more than one migration out of Africa: first Homo erectus or something even more primitive, and then, much later, Homo sapiens. And they continue to differentiate into new species. At one point in human history, around 40,000 years ago, modern humans must have shared the planet with at least four other human cousins:

Homo erectus, the Neanderthals, a strange, small-brained human found only on the island of Flores in Indonesia, affectionately known as the Hobbit; and most recent of all, species X: a separate human genetic lineage identified in 2010 only by DNA extracted from a finger bone found in a Siberian cave.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope this doesnt derail the thread, but Ive just finished reading The Emerald Tablets of Thoth. I have been reading them at crystalinks.com, although I am not sure how reliable that site is, I cant help but draw some similarities. The tablets are purported to be 36,000 years old. I suggest potential readers do not skip the preface.

*warning, the following discussion is related to the Raelian Movement*
I have also just begun another work called Intelligent Design - A Message from the Designers. It sure is an entertaining read. He claims a similar humanoid race has created humans on a distant world (Earth) as part of an experiment. Many of the cataclysms from the past are attributed to our 'becoming too close in intellect to our creators'. It has been mentioned twice that our creators are very small in stature and are frequently mistaken for children.

*after that free pdf I hope to start reading either Sensual Meditations or The Maitreya: Extracts from his Teachings, same URL as above.
**WARNING you are allowed one free unregistered download. Choose the one book you value most. After the first download you must register first(still free), also you must wait a certain amount of time between downloading books, maybe 30 minutes or an hour. Depending on the EULA I have 'Intellegent Design: A Message from the Designers' that I may be able to offer without registering. I will check on that

It may just be because those two texts are so fresh in my mind, but it seems as though some 'other', equally curious race set up 'camps' and created their own flavor of human, and then had a competition to see whose humanoid was the best, It seems to be a test by non-intervention in a sense. Then again I am probably just 'hoping', grasping at straws.

I started typing up a small synopsis of the above two works I have been reading, but in the interest of keeping this short I will assume that any readers interested in OP topic are either already familiar with the two new texts or else you will add them to your 'to do list' for future reading. I recommend everybody bookmark them, depending on your personality, they are far more entertaining than even harry potter or the lord of the rings.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Here's also a few links from NewScientist that I thought could be interesting to read:

It All Began In Africa
Rise of the Modern Mind
Lessons from an African Valley

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi Slayer,

Have you read much about epigenics (or epigenetics)? Basically, it is about how environmental factors alter gene expression, resulting in different characteristics or features from the same gene, which can be altered by temperature, diet, etc. I think it explains alot about why humans from different regions have distinguishing physical characteristics...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We all share Adam and Eve as ancestors but we are all decendants of Noah too.

The neaderthal looks more loving to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
]reply to post by SLAYER69

A wonderful portrait of an opinion of such great interest. Slayer, you did a fabulous job in laying out considerations, mixed with factual accounts. Honestly, I will need to re-read it again, I am not sure if all the answers to many other questions are answered here, but certainly, a professional depiction of ones' view. Well Done!!

Book: The Language of God

For anyone with continued interest, I read a book by a scientist by the name of Francis S. Collins. The author is highly respected in deep genetic and DNA research. The thrust of this book though, is here WAS an atheist, which most scientists are, however, Collins takes us on a journey that is very readable for us non-scientific types and proposes considerations, beliefs based on his own journey of the origins of life. I'll let you read it and decide if you like it. I think it is fabulous. Peace and Love!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
Hi Slayer,

Have you read much about epigenics (or epigenetics)? Basically, it is about how environmental factors alter gene expression, resulting in different characteristics or features from the same gene, which can be altered by temperature, diet, etc. I think it explains alot about why humans from different regions have distinguishing physical characteristics...

Yes, I've touched on that angle in the OP.
Genetic adaptation after migration which resulted in changes in our physical appearance. As outlined in the OP those older lines may have adapted to their local environments and had taken on certain physical traits that when "Modern man" migrated and breed his way through those areas he picked up traits that were useful for those newer environments.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
----------------------------------Thread Update-------------------------------------

Now-Extinct Relative Had Sex with Humans Far and Wide

Although we modern humans are the only surviving members of our lineage, other now-extinct human groups once lived alongside our ancestors, including Neanderthals, Denisovans and an as-yet- unnamed lineage recently discovered in Africa. Modern humans even occasionally interbred with these relatives, with estimates suggesting that Neanderthal DNAmakes up1 percent to 4 percent of modern Eurasian genomesand Denisovan DNA 4 percent to 6 percent of modern New Guinean and Bougainville Islander genomes in the islands of Melanesia. [See images of mysterious human ancestor]

Now, using state-of-the-art genome analysis methods, an international team of scientists confirmed that Denisovans must have roamed widely, from Siberia to tropical Southeast Asia. They apparently left a genetic footprint not only in present-day Melanesia, but also in Australia, the Philippines and elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
what a marvelous thread Slayer!!!!!

it turns out out we don't have to look top far back for extinct lineages of humans Iceman DNA 5,300 years ago

he isn't related to any living people?? what happened to all the people?? within the iron age and just about the time farming began whole tribes of us just died out ,that makes me sad, because I look at the megaliths and other prehistoric monuments and think," look at what we have lost"

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
what a marvelous thread Slayer!!!!!

it turns out out we don't have to look top far back for extinct lineages of humans Iceman DNA 5,300 years ago

he isn't related to any living people?? what happened to all the people?? within the iron age and just about the time farming began whole tribes of us just died out ,that makes me sad

Most, pre-medicine, failed to successfully reproduce and pass on their genetic material.

The identical ancestors point for Homo sapiens has been estimated to between 15,000 and 5,000 years ago, with an estimate of the human MRCA living about 2,000 to 5,000 years ago, that is, estimating the IAP to be about three times as distant as the MRCA.[3] Note that both the matrilineal and the patrilineal human MRCAs are far more remote still, dating to some 150,000 and 90,000 years ago, respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tracing one person's lineage back in time forms a binary tree of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and so on. However, the number of individuals in such an ancestor tree grows exponentially and will eventually become impossibly high. For example, an individual human alive today would, over 30 generations, going back to about the High Middle Ages, have 230 or about 1.07 billion ancestors, more than the total world population at the time.[1]

In reality, an ancestor tree is not a binary tree. Rather, pedigree collapse changes the binary tree to a directed acyclic graph.

Consider the formation, one generation at a time, of the ancestor graph of all currently living humans with no descendants. Start with living people with no descendants at the bottom of the graph. Adding the parents of all those individuals at the top of the graph will connect (half-) siblings via one or two common ancestors, their parent(s). Adding the next generation will connect all first cousins. As each of the following generations of ancestors is added to the top of the graph, the relationship between more and more people is mapped (second cousins, third cousins and so on). Eventually a generation is reached where one or more of the many top-level ancestors is an MRCA from whom it is possible to trace a path of direct descendants all the way down to every living person at the bottom generations of the graph.

The MRCA of everyone alive today could thus have co-existed with a large human population, most of whom either have no living descendants today or else are ancestors of a subset of people alive today. The existence of an MRCA does therefore not imply the existence of a population bottleneck or first couple.

It is incorrect to assume that the MRCA passed all of his or her genes (or indeed any single gene) down to every person alive today. Because of sexual reproduction, at every generation, an ancestor only passes half of his or her genes to each particular descendant in the next generation. Save for inbreeding, the percentage of genes inherited from the MRCA becomes smaller and smaller in individuals at every successive generation, sometimes even decreasing to zero (at which point the Ship of Theseus situation arises[2]), as genes inherited from contemporaries of MRCA are interchanged via sexual reproduction.[3] [4]

It is estimated that the MRCA lived between 5,000 to 2,000 years ago.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
because I look at the megaliths and other prehistoric monuments and think," look at what we have lost"

It's not lost, just forgotten.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just to add to the pot

Cheddar man date to 7200 BC is found to be related to locals

The close match was a history teacher named Adrian Targett. They, like anyone else carrying haplogroup U5 today, share a common ancestor many thousands of years ago with Cheddar Man through his maternal line

NY times article on it

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Just to add to the pot

Cheddar man date to 7200 BC is found to be related to locals

The close match was a history teacher named Adrian Targett. They, like anyone else carrying haplogroup U5 today, share a common ancestor many thousands of years ago with Cheddar Man through his maternal line

NY times article on it

Can't wait til they find Brie man. Yum.
Or, how about Colby Guy?

YESSS!!

Harte

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Deleted duplicate post
edit on 7/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

What! Is this mockery of archaeological research and cheese? Archaeology may be mocked but not cheese, good lord man have you no decency?

I understand that they dug up the skeleton of a female NJeanderthal in a one of the caves in France were Bleu d'Auvergne is made. As no one can pronounce that they've taken the name of similar blue cheese from Italy and call her Gorgonzola girl

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Did Germs really wipe out the native Americans (other than when we gave them small-pox blankets)? I've heard it said that if a lie is repeated often enough people will believe it, and I have not ever seen nor heard of any evidence to support (not that I have looked) the idea that germs wiped out the Native Americans? What evidence of this is there? How solid is it? We are taught it sure, but on what basis of underlying evidence?

Also,.. When we consider such things as possible previous explorations to the "new world" via Vikings and or Egyptians, and or Polynesians and or via the baring-straight (even though there were already major civilizations in south america as the thread author has revealed with this series). Wouldn't those contacts have resulted in the spreading of similar germs? Wouldn't there also be massive die-offs in those cases? Where's the evidence either way?

You could say we developed our deadly germs in the feces covered streets of Europe. but so too would a a place like India then have similar deadly diseases popping out the poor waste disposal standards,... Why didn't India spread a deadly wave of germs to other surrounding peoples? While I'm at it, why didn't India ever suffer of a disease like the plague?
edit on 9-10-2012 by NJoyZ because: adding last paragraph

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Perhaps its possible that DNA is generated from the earths chemistry it's self hence why we adapt to our environments. As it is in the air and we soak it up and become what we are over time. The time scale of it must be huge though.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
not sure if this was posted here as well, but this is interesting info

Zana the captive hominid?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for and excellent and informative post.:
..I have always been fascinated about the human evulation..and there is one thing regarding us humans today i have thought about..are we really all the same species or could it be
possible that there are still more then one humans species on planet earth?..I want to point it out clearly that when i talk about many humans species i am not in any way saying that the one is better than others, i am just curios about the possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join