It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop closing threads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

I hate it when people use gay as an Insult

It is childish, ignorent and pathetic.

If you don't like how ats works, fine leave.

start up your own conspiracy message board.

If ATS is as bad as you say I'm sure you will find plenty of people willing to join.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51
I dont know where I should have posted this

Stop closing threads "closed pending staff review" um...are you serious??

were allowed to say whatever we want, if were talking about something that YOU dont like...then dont read it. get over it.

stop trying to control us. nobody cares what your "staff" thinks. ok? this is the god damn internet. get real.

Back in the day when Obama was worshiped like a god by some on this site, my anti-Obama threads were repeatedly shut down. I was told I was too strong, too harsh in my language. So I was policed.

I was told when I complained that this site was not about free speech but monitored control. So take it for what it's worth. Don't get upset. You thought it was about free speech. I still like the site though, even with the thought police.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Total Posts: 10,528,782

Total Topics: 652,839

Total Members: 218,813

8,455 new posts in the past 24 hours

53,956 new posts in the past 7 days

238,226 new posts in the past 30 days

301 new topics in the past 24 hours

1,722 new topics in the past 7 days

7,453 new topics in the past 30 days

4,151 guests visiting right now.

668 members logged in right now

5,750 members visited in the past 24 hours

1,872 members posted in the past 24 hours

4,726 members posted in the past 7 days

Most logged-in members on ATS at one time:
843 on Jan 10 2011 @ 22:39 GMT.

Most registed members on ATS in one day:
6,129 on Jun 22 2010 @ 23:40 GMT

Most new posts on ATS in one day:
10,723 on Oct 7 2009 @ 11:00 GMT.

The reason nothing gets accomplished in this country is because not enough people go the extra mile, simply out of "principle" any more. THE ONLY way to really have an effect on the site owners perspective is, if we get together and force change through their pocketbook. The stats I posted need to reflect our displeasure, in order to drive down what advertisers are willing to pay. Only way to do that is something like a log-off type boycott, which will never ever happen. To paraphrase the pentagon (even though I am not military), I am "a troop of ONE", and I will vote with my feet if I am forced to.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

So what you're telling us is that you're not honest nor mature enough to abide by the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined the site. How is your lack of integrity the fault of the mods?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You have to have some rules and regulations, otherwise this site would end up like the comments below youtube videos

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

A thread about circumcision was closed pending moderation. Why? All men have a penis, we all have words to describe them, and points raised in that thread were a fact worthy of discussion, yet was closed probably because it was about genitals and referenced many terms of sexual language.

edit on 25-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

Thats exactly what im talking about..Closed probably because ONE mod found it to be "offensive"...too bad.

what are you 12 years old? you cant handle talk about genitals....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by G.A.G.

I hate it when people use gay as an Insult

It is childish, ignorent and pathetic.

If you don't like how ats works, fine leave.

start up your own conspiracy message board.

If ATS is as bad as you say I'm sure you will find plenty of people willing to join.

I really thought "gay" was politically correct, especially when used like this "gay community". I am sorry for the offensiveness, if thats the way it is interpreted. I just recieved another warning, with no specifics at all. I hope this is not the reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

were allowed to say whatever we want

Within reason as it relates to the Terms & Conditions for which you agreed when becoming a member.

No thread is arbitrarily closed or removed on the whim of a staff member. If you want absolute free reign to post whatever you wish without concern, perhaps ATS is not the venue for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I wonder what a day of rage would look like on the ATS

No one gets hurt but it should be quite the experience don't you think ?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

So what you're telling us is that you're not honest nor mature enough to abide by the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined the site. How is your lack of integrity the fault of the mods?

Ok, Mr. High and Mighty...who said i was talking about me???

none of my threads have been closed....

nice try though

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

were allowed to say whatever we want

Within reason as it relates to the Terms & Conditions for which you agreed when becoming a member.

No thread is arbitrarily closed or removed on the whim of a staff member. If you want absolute free reign to post whatever you wish without concern, perhaps ATS is not the venue for you.

I respectfully dis agree. I had threads slammed shut for reasons and that was that, within minutes of posting them. Are you saying everyone holds a meeting before closing a thread ? Hmm. Maybe, but it's not been my experience.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If you post something in direct violation of our TAC it will be removed as soon as the staff is made aware of it. That's the ONLY way threads get removed "instantly" or, in a very short time span.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Fromabove

If you post something in direct violation of our TAC it will be removed as soon as the staff is made aware of it. That's the ONLY way threads get removed "instantly" or, in a very short time span.

Springer...

Now that's what I like... a truthful statement. Thankyou.

But on a side note, I was not allowed to say anything against the Bamster in the white house. I was told I was not nice.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
I will vote with my feet if I am forced to.

There are countless times where we've said, "ATS is not for everyone," or something very similar.

Angry 9/11 Truthers have problems here... as do wild-eyed UFO true-believers... and much more in-between.

We'll not alter our long-standing policies and management strategies for a micro-percentage of unhappy members.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm confused, could you explain what it is that ATS is for if not to have good debate and examination of relevent current events and possible facts on issues ?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I need to step away from the computer for a while. I will check back in a while. I really want to understand ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
99% of the modertation I've seen on this site is to protect either this site and it's members or keep the real issues at hand without being sidetracked by petty issues.

the other 1% is the site simply recognising the fact that it has a diverse membership and carefully trying to balance there beliefs.

The very fact the site owners are here now talking to you calmly and civilly shows they are more than willing to listen to member concerns and issues.

There is no need to protest because the majority of ATS's members are happy with how this site is run.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

and for one of my very rare oneline posts.....t/c dude, bet u didnt read them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by G.A.G.
I will vote with my feet if I am forced to.

There are countless times where we've said, "ATS is not for everyone," or something very similar.

We'll not alter our long-standing policies and management strategies for a micro-percentage of unhappy members.

Isn't that what the powers that be say to people like us who seek to see truth? How many people in Egypt took to the streets to raise an issue as per head of the population? It was a minority.
We all support their voice to be heard.

Only through discussion of topics, the truth no matter how horrid to the individual it may be needs to come out?

I'm not refering to the baseless insults people throw out at each other or focused at individual groups of people, that is bad and should be removed.

I thought this site was about truth and to deny ignorance. Ignorance is to ignore topics that are affecting our World today.

I love this site, I really do and have been visiting for a few years before I became a member. The range of topics discussed is amazing. Yet some topics and threads can be removed with no explanation given, except for a generic explanation.

(Don't ban me because I didn't agree with you Mr Site Owner
... I'll still visit the site as a non member )

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join