It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Monsanto advertising on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

did anyone else notice this??

is this even anything worth talking about?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The site has to be paid for.

Other big corporations that people have crazy theories about also advertise here...Google is one I see very often.

Big deal...without getting paid...you wouldn't be posting on this site.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

did anyone else notice this??

is this even anything worth talking about?

The intention to provide a platform for like minded individuals to exchange thoughts and perceptions, is secondary to the owners, next to selling ad space for companies desiring a "captive audience". The owners of this site care not about its members or their opinions. It is clear that it is truly all about the money. Ther is no such thing as "bad" advertisement, because simply by having the word monsanto appear on this site so often, in a way members are helping them in their quest to engrain their name into our sub-concious, by way of "branding".
I guess what I am saying is, this very disconcerting and I would rather be called an idiot by every member, than get a pat on the back from any of the site owners, what next...ads from the Pentagon? (probably already have some, I just didnt notice yet.
Maybe they can use some of monsantos' "eugenics" derived money, that paid for the ad space, to "upgrade the search function". IDK anymore. Thankyou Op...flagged and starred because you, I sense, care more about morals and ethics than many "website owners". g.a.g.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I understand the site needs to be paid for, but it just seems that they would have better choices being the #1 conspiracy site.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I understand that, but considering what this sites mission is, why would we still want to sleep with the enemy. It is contradictory to denying ignorance. I feel that the site should align themselves with more reputable entities, they are out there. I have noticed several banners that I would not allow on my site, even if it meant a little monetary loss, it is just the principal of it and I could not justify supporting someones else's lies and twisted ideas that have buried this country.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Epic Fail
On the side of ATS though, the site itself should remain neutral in the spirit of free speech...just don't eat the corn.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh my, that is a terrible thing. Monsanto/GMO's are amongst the incredible evils of this world: wars. starvation, gate keepers on true science and knowledge, poisons in our land, air, oceans, and SEEDS. Their destruction of the world.

Its like watching the movie, Devil's Advocate, a heavily coded masonic movie with even reference to the woman in the red dress, as seen in the Matrix too, (its called distractions, and that is the name of the game) and seeing Al Pacino with his finger above the Holy Water looking up with a defiant hidous look, saying Stop Me??

This is how I see the whole thing.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ewww... seriously creepy.
Certainly this could have been avoided.
Looks like a counter action on Monsanto's part in regards to all of the Monsanto-truthout threads.
Why else would they consider this a good place to advertise?
Sleeping with the devil will turn you into one.
Money, power, money, power, money, power -
What a terrible shame.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
The site has to be paid for.

Other big corporations that people have crazy theories about also advertise here...Google is one I see very often.

Big deal...without getting paid...you wouldn't be posting on this site.

Advertising is mind-control and conditioning.
It's to promote the company/product.
If you advertise the company/product - you are promoting it and suggesting it.
But - whatever, Not my call - and not surprising.
It's what the world is.
No use pretending that it isn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is disturbing. They're not advertising on ATS as much as their ad is probably in a rotation that gets blasted out by an advertising engine to many sites.

However, the site owners. I believe, do have a choice about which advertisements they can exclude (or at the very least complain about), so they're probably simply not aware that this ad is in one of the ATS advertising feeds or engines. The ad may well have just snuck in. Just a guess though.

Once they're made aware (here) they can take steps if they so choose, based on their own goals and values, to either block or continue allowing this ad. Then we can either drop or continue the discussion from there

edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I just saw two more that personally I would have issues with.

Restasis; because they are big pharma
Google pays $129/hour; its a scam

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Giving "Monsanto" ad time on this site is the choice of the owners...although I have a feeling that it is being done with "tongue in cheek".

It also gives something more to speculate about on behalf of ATS members.

my personal feelings towards what Monsanto and their ilk are/do (and I feel they are evil incarnate) is basically irrelevant when it comes to placing their ads on this site.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yeah, again, I think maybe all the owners can do is get them removed from the rotation, if that's even possible with the way they're fed in and fed in by your geography. I'm sure this has been discussed in threads here before.

The Monsanto one really does bother me, tongue in cheek (which I doubt) or not. On the surface, it seems like the protest of one website with X unique visitors per day not to run their ad wouldn't matter much to them, but if there are enough "small" protests, eventually it's a roar and a real message, ya know? If everyone just keeps accepting it because it doesn't matter or make a difference, well we're screwed.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
Epic Fail
On the side of ATS though, the site itself should remain neutral in the spirit of free speech...just don't eat the corn.

The ad came through one of our six ad networks with which we do business, and have established clear guidelines for the type and style of ad.

The "spirit of free speech" isn't free, and in our case, with our high traffic, quite expensive.

I may not like the ad, but I consider it rather ironic (and somewhat comical) that a corporation at the center of many conspiracy topics on ATS, is advertising on ATS and funding the ability for our continued operations.

However... given the nature of the ad networks, it's a certainty that they (Monsanto and their ad agency) are completely unaware that such ads are appearing on a site that hosts content critical of them.

I gives me a chuckle.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ah, so you can't complain or have it stopped? Take what you get kind of thing? That stinks.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

But we are helping them by spreading their message when it is obvious that the message they are sending is a crock and does not have peoples best interest in mind. I don't know, I suppose it is just my principals fogging my vision.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with Bill, their paying us to keep one of the sites that exposes their dirty deeds up and running is pretty sweet irony. I can assure you they wouldn't do it if they had a clue.

At this point, they are helping their critics get heard. Good.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Ah, so you can't complain or have it stopped? Take what you get kind of thing? That stinks.

The ad itself wouldn't respond to a "Monsanto" filter as it's being delivered by an agency/network unrelated to the advertiser -- which is rather common, and the norm rather than exception. If were were to spend time negating ads based on content, it'd be a near full-time game of "whack-a-mole."

These ads seem to be targeted to a specific region... as I've not seen them. So at least take heart that not everyone is getting these particular ads.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
when you advertise something, regardless of whether you feel that it is ironic that they are funding you etc, you ARE promoting their products.

Where do you draw the line with this kind of thinking?
Money has been proven time and again to be the root of all evil yet here you are selling your soul and even having a chuckle about it.
Are you sure that you aren't reptiles?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I guess the following expression, "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer", could apply here;
actually to either party involved when you think about it.....

edit on 2/25/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join