It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this 'White Noise'? (Videos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Okay, usually I'm never into paranormal stuff, but this was really odd, in my opinion.

I travel a lot, and listen to the radio a lot, and I have NEVER heard anything like this. This morning I was scanning the AM radio dial for news, and came across a channel that had some really strange sounds.... It came and went periodically, and at times what sounded like a human voice (very creepy) would come through.

I thought of ways to record it, and decided to just use my digital camera. The following is what I captured, though there was much more, really strange sounds than what I captured here. Sorry, this was the best I could do with what I had with me at the time.

I tried to upload to ATS and it didn't work.

So, maybe it's nothing at all but random noise... Just thought I'd get your opinions on it, mainly because the first time I heard this, I swear it sounded like the voice said "you're all going to die" three times in a row... I kept listening and that was when I decided to record it the way I did above.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

First sounded like a fart then you could hear faint human like sounds....strange indeed

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Very interesting interference. I have had experiences with strange interference and I know certain phenomena eminating through space can cause some funny sounds.

Good post. S+F.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but maybe you stumbled across a numbers station, they are basically communications meant for undercover operatives (spys if you will) but they are usually a lot clearer then what you posted so I'm not sure, maybe it's encrypted?

Here is a wiki on Numbers station link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Lots of things make weird am sounds, however, you say it happens hourly? Maybe something like the russian woodpecker thing. (russian woodpecker signal)

Probably nothing. Cool nonetheless...
edit on 25-2-2011 by rbnhd76 because: cool nonetheless. had to type that twice

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
its definitely noise ... white? im not sure maby interference with another radio channel...sounds like theres music at 1 point ! Nothing Here Waist of time !

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't think it sounds like white noise. I didn't hear the voice you were talking about either.

Probably just picking up something between 2 channels.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
I don't think it sounds like white noise. I didn't hear the voice you were talking about either.

Probably just picking up something between 2 channels.

That was what I thought, but when I first stumbled on that frequency, I swear I heard a strange voice say "you're all going to die" ... So I kept listening and decided to try to record it some how... The above was the best I could do with what I had.

I am wondering if someone could be broadcasting on that frequency like this as a prank, or a joke?

The music was even very strange.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ok, now maybe it's me going a little bit crazy but I listened to the '003' recording a few times and I'm certain when it reaches the 28sec mark it says 'the Bart Simpson Show' .

Definately weird but maybe something as simple as a crossed wire/connection due to atmospheric conditions ... just a wild guess because I'm pretty sure if it was something paranormal and/or alien trying to make contact ... I seriously doubt that they'd choose to waste their time reminding us about Bart Simpson
... could be wrong of course (it's happened before but only rarely
)

Woody

edit on 25-2-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Very interesting interference. I have had experiences with strange interference and I know certain phenomena eminating through space can cause some funny sounds.

Good post. S+F.

For the record, I don't believe in the paranormal, I've never seen anything that convinced me that it is real... I rarely am freaked out by anything, but this really caught my attention, especially the way it started off... I wish I could have recorded the first few minutes so you could hear what I heard at that time. But I sat there in a WTF was that state of mind for a while before attempting to record it.

Part of the experience that I can't seem to express was the feeling. That feeling that there is something really strange going on, and it "feels' real... Impossible to explain, and even more impossible to capture it seems.

I understand the frustration of those who have had similar experiences now... And the struggle over what to do with it, or not.

Perhaps I should not have, and just forgot about it, but I don't worry about what people think of me personally, so I decided to post about it here and see what anyone thought about it.

I'm still not sure what it was.... If anything, and I really hate the unknown.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That was definitely odd! The "music" almost sounded oriental at one point. I'm not sure what to think of it, but it definitely gave me the heebie jeebies a few times and I don't get the heebie jeebies very often. I think it reminded me of the movie Signs a few times... thats probably why it freaked me out. That movie scared the hell out of me the first time I watched it. Of course now, I make fun of my own self for being scared by it, ha ha!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That first one almost sounded like a train or someone drumming on something metallic?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just for reference, here's a link to a list of documented stations operating at 1,100 Khz ...
AM DXer's Page

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I looked at a similar list earlier... Grand Junction is over 200 miles away from where I was, and on the other side of 15,000+ foot mountains...

I don't know what the source was or wasn't and I am willing to write this off as plain old weirdness and move on. Just random noise? strange signals from atmospheric conditions? other stations bleeding in to that frequency? Someone actually broadcasting that stuff for no reason in the early hours of the morning from where? ... Bah, I give up.

I have NEVER heard anything like it before and I listen to the radio a lot. I wish I had recorded the first few minutes that I heard.

The signal of whatever it was, was strong enough for it to stop at that frequency when the radio was automatically scanning, and I ended the scan there to listen more, I thought it was some strange broadcast radio show, at first. Sometimes you can get C2C at that hour. I was just scanning for news stations.

I guess it was one of those things where you would have had to have been there to know what it was like. I really hate it when I can't figure something out, but I have to let this one go, and simply convince myself of all of the possible 'normal' things that likely caused this... Because I simply will not accept nor believe in a complete unknown.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I 'd like to pose a reasonable guess. I think what you might be hearing is low frequency "time code" often used to synchronize the new breed of self adjusting clocks. (AKA Atomic Clocks) There is an origination site in Fort Collins, Colorado: (Perhaps not same frequency though)

Atomic Clock Synchronization using the WWVB time signal from Colorado

A radio system is available in North America set up and operated by NIST - the National Institute of Standards and Technology, located in Fort Collins, Colorado.

www.ntp-time-server.com...

More here:

Low-frequency radio time signals

www.cl.cam.ac.uk...

ITU-R Recommendations

www.itu.int...

tf.nist.gov...

Just my uneducated guess because it sounds like video timecode which I am familiar with in my vocation.

Ergo: audible analog numbers.
edit on 26-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join