It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia page about AboveTopSecret - anyone working on it??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wikipedia has a page about AboveTopSecret.com at:

en.wikipedia.org...

However, that article has multiple flags on it, indicating concerns by the editors of Wikipedia that:

(a) the article needs proper referencing for verification of statements made on that page,

(b) the article may be biased, containing "peacock" terms - i.e. "making unprovable proclamations about a subject's importance") and

(c) the contents of the article do not provide proper grounds for considering AboveTopSecret.com sufficiently significant to have an article on Wikipedia (i.e. AboveTopSecret.com's "notability" is questioned).

The relevant warnings have been at the top of the relevant Wikipedia webpage for quite a while now, with an indication that the page may be deleted due to these issues.

Also, I'm not sure the content is up to date. For example, the relatively brief Wikipedia article:

(1) Refers to AboveTopSecret.com having a sister site - but everything has been merged for a while, hasn't it?

(2) Refers to various figures and matters as of early to mid-2010,

(3) States Above Network, LLC, which owns Above Top Secret, "is currently fighting" copyright infringement allegations from *Snip* LLC over content copied by a user from a *Snip* article on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, on the basis that because of the user-generated nature of ATS's content, a DMCA notice should have been filed. Are those allegations still "currently" being fought? I did a quick search and the last post in the relevant thread here on ATS appears to have been quite a while ago:
*Snipped Url Due To Legal Issues*

Does anyone from ATS seek to update the content of that webpage periodically and keep the content in accordance with Wikipedia's guidelines?

I don't really have the time to work on the article myself at the moment, but thought it worth raising these points in case the Wikipedia page about AboveTopSecret.com is deleted.

I presume that it is easier to work on the current page than it would be to seek to persuade the editors of Wikipedia that a new page on a topic should be allowed if the current one is deleted for any of the reasons given in the flags at the top of the current page.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:45:39 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Legal Editing.

edit on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:46:32 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Second Edit - Please do not directly reference the snipped companies.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

We don't have anyone with the time to update the Wiki page either. To be honest, with the vandalism that has happened to so many pages there (including several old iterations of ATS pages) it gets to be an exercise in futility at times.

That being said, we would welcome anyone who wants to put the facts up to do so.

In answer to your question, yes, we resolved the "suit" months ago.

Springer...

join