It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This thread is destined mostly to all the skeptics and debunkers who cannot accept proof. Next time you make a claim such as "fake because ....." (insert reason on dotted line), please think your reason 4-5 times.

The next thing is. IF ITS RECREATABLE USING CGI IT DOESN'T MEAN ITS FAKE - yes thats right, because you can recreate everything using CGI and the only thing that can't be recreated using CGI would be so intense that its inplausible.

Furthermore before you see a glitch in the video make sure you understand how a digital camera works, not like this guy here.
Digital cameras adjust to the lighting surrounding them and the frame got darker because the truck passed by and created shade and the camera needed 1 second to adjust.

And thats that. I hope someone will take my rant into consideration next tim they try to debunk a ufo footage without thinking first.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

This should be in Rants. Not U&A. It's simply a skeptic bashing thread which I do believe ATS has put an end to.

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well said my friend

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I made the same point in that thread about the UFO with the missing object in one frame. I said it could be re-creatable, which definitely does not mean it is a fake at face value. To determine something is a hoax/fake should take more than 5 minutes of observing, just to be sure.

I wonder how many real unknown objects have been filmed and dumped into the hoax bin because someone came up with a good theory and the band wagon jumped on it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Imagine what Antiques Roadshow would be like if there were no experts there to analyze the objects brought in...

Hey, look, I have Constantines iPod here. No seriously, it was his!

Awesome... You want to see what I brought? It's Cleopatras copy of season 3 of Sex and the City... been in my family for decades...

The point is that the skeptics offer a valuable service on ATS and it boggles my mind that they catch so much flack for it. Sure debates get heated and people aren't always as conscious of how they go about making statements as we'd like them to be. But that doesn't invalidate what they bring to the table or what they have to say.

If I ever see a strange light in the sky, and manage to get a picture of it, the FIRST place I am coming is ATS, and the FIRST people I am going to look to for information are the skeptics. Then, if they can't offer me a plausible notion of what I might have captured, I'll start getting excited. There is just so much involved in photo analysis, astronomy, and other disciplines, that I could never hope to become an expert at them all. But here, on ATS, the simple action of posting a picture provides you instant access to all of these things.

Free expert analysis people. FREE. In that regard, blanket hating non-believers is very much looking a gift horse in the mouth. This is one Hell of a resource for us to have here and I, for one, am always very thankful that we have dedicated members who provide this service to us simply because they wish to do so.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP, while I share your disdain for most of the self-proclaimed "Skeptics" here on this site (I think it's their delivery, not the message), it is a very important part of a conspiracy site.

Besides, our leader's name is Skeptic Overlord

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah, right if you take a picture of a UFO and come to ATS it will be imediatly catalogued as fake and although you know its real you will have a hard time to convince the skeptics and so it will be put into the hoax forum and forgoten.

And this is not a skeptic bashing thread, its a stupid skeptic bashing thread meant for the skeptics that use 0.0000000001 of their brain when making a claim.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

As always, you make a brilliant point Heff... but I can't help but feel it will fall on deaf ears for most. I'm not exactly feeling the love.

IRM

top topics

join