It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKEBOOK: US Gov. Creates Software for ’Fake People’ Pushing Propoganda on Social Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
FAKEBOOK: US Gov. Creates Software for ’Fake People’ Pushing Propoganda on Social Networks
2011 02 24
By Sean Kerrigan

MenwithFoilHats.com / Examiner.com

ATS'ers...here we go. We've talked about this. I think for most, its common knowledge.

PS Mods please delete or move if replicated elsewhere. Thanks
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: for the mods

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Good Find!!
...Sure it won't be long till these "Fake People" start popping up on conspiracy theory sites boards. . We will just have to work twice as hard at keeping them out, and exposing them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The contract calls for the development of “Persona Management Software” which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online. The job listing was discussed in recently leaked emails from the private security firm HBGary after an attack by internet activist last week. According to the contract, the software would “protect the identity of government agencies” by employing a number of false signals to convince users that the poster is in fact a real person. A single user could manage unique background information and status updates for up to 10 fake people from a single computer. The software enables the government to shield its identity through a number of different methods including the ability to assign unique IP addresses to each persona and the ability to make it appear as though the user is posting from other locations around the world. Included in HBGary’s leaked emails was a government proposal for the government contract. The document describes how they would ‘friend’ real people on Facebook as a way to convey government messages. The document reads: “Those names can be cross-referenced across Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and other social media services to collect information on each individual. Once enough information is collected this information can be used to gain access to these individuals social circles.

Source: novakeo.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

This would only work if you add those random people who try to friend you on Facebook, Twitter, Ect... I for one never add someone who I don't know from somewhere besides a social networking site.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Perhaps they would be kind enough to give Sarah Palin a complimentary copy of the software.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have known some very, very PLASTIC people in the past....but this explains alot of my MySpace, Facebook and Linkedin friend-requests!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So what do these fake people do?
Youve said spreading propaganda through social networks but would they ever try to carry out normal conversations or just tell me about old navy sales?
What do you think the best way to expose these people are?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsTouch

Thats why I posted the link...I certainly have no idea exactly what they do and how they do it. But, they most likely simply keep feeding info into the system as another voice.

Like a lot of our Facebook, MySpace etc friends...we may have only known them thru pictures (anybody), posts(anyones), comments(from who knows who really)...and that they may in fact not even be real.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechVampyre
I have noticed them working for Israel. Is Israel a subject that nobody debates on here or am I in a totally censored site? I noticed something about how only the moderator’s news sites can be linked.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   
lad this got bumped, it was something I was thinking about...

2nd

new topics

top topics

join