It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Desensitization? You be the Judge....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We talk about alien desensitization all the time on here....I looked this movie up and couldnt find it on ATS so please excuse me if something has already been posted on it.

The movie is called "Paul" ...here is the plot summary.....

"Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America's UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever. For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. For reasons unknown, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town-a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Pegg) and Clive Gollings (Frost). Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship. And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes."

So basically we are now seeing desensitization to area 51 in kids movies,a Grey alien that is friendly and not here to harm the human race (we dont know what their agenda really is but they are being portrayed as friendly and helpful in a major feature film), and lastly MIBs. I know we have seen some movies, tv shows, and other media used for desensitization but this is pretty overt. Kinda pushes the disclosure theory a little forward when you have a movie like this come out. Would love to hear all your thoughts on this.......

www.imdb.com...

edit on 25-2-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: Sorry left one point out.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
How about this one.
Seriously it has been happening for decades, it's entertainment that's all.
There is no hidden agenda in movies beyond the greed to make as much money as they can.

P.S Paul could be a good film.
We'll see.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I saw the trailer for this last night.

I was walking by a TV and saw a grey on it talking, and was like whoa, what's that?

Then I realized it's just some movie.

I wonder what caused the casting of this movie to run with the Shaun of the Dead guys?
That's odd.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What about all the other "Alien" movies coming out. Saw a preview for battlefield ( i think that is the name ) the other day it looks pretty creepy. Most of these movies are coming out the first few weeks in march , odd.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
There is no hidden agenda in movies beyond the greed to make as much money as they can.

You don't know that. Pose it as a possibility, than I'll follow.

But just stating "oh theres no hidden agenda", thats absurd and illogical.

If there was a hidden agenda that means it's hidden, therefore we wouldn't know about it.

Let's at least form sentence structure to correspond logically to the definitions of the terminology we employ within it please.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's Simon Pegg's idea, they are big sci-fi freaks. It wasn't really a casting choice as much as it was their movie.
It's supposedly loaded with cameos and sci-fi in jokes. As I said it could be good.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

It's Simon Pegg's idea, they are big sci-fi freaks. It wasn't really a casting choice as much as it was their movie.
It's supposedly loaded with cameos and sci-fi in jokes. As I said it could be good.

Yeah I like comedy. I will probably end up watching it.

I did like Shaun of the Dead. I never saw Hot Fuzz though. Maybe I should.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well if there is an agenda it's pretty much next to useless.
It would of been going on since the 50's, what exactly has this achieved? Half the people have probably died from old age waiting for the"agenda" to be unfurled. It is nothing new.
Frankly it is up to those who suggest there is to provide the evidence, a run of sci fi flicks is not the link, it wasn't last year or the year before that or the decades before that. It's business as usual.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I saw the trailer, and I do think TPTB are getting us used to the idea that Aliens are real. Some of us know they are real, but many do not know, and some have no idea at all. A transition period is completely necessary, for a full disclosure on CNN at Prime Time will just not do. For one thing, many religious types, obsessed with Satan and Demons will take any non human as just that, and may start shooting. Other extremest types, and those who strive to maintain the status quo will fight them too. This has been going on for years too, remember "Close Encounters?" And "ET?" How about "Flight of the Navigator?" Extraterrestrial beings are pretty much an accepted thing now days, among those who research and learn things every day. We could sure use some of their technology to clean up Earth, and some free energy would be nice too.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What I find Interesting ...almost enough to start my own thread about it. Is the correlation between Battle Los Angeles

and this

anyone ? anyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have noticed that there are a lot a movies this year related to UFO and ET. I do not know what they, whoever they are, preparing us for ...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

correlation? of course there's a correlation, that's what the movie's based on!
anyway, BoLA looks like it'll be good movie, same with paul. simon pegg is hilarious.

more to the point. every time there's a movie with aliens in it, even if they're not really prominant, it's declared "disclosure!" as if the idea of aliens is a new thing, or making entertainment about the idea of aliens is new. yet year by year nothing gets disclosed. if scifi movies are disclosure and desensitisation, looks like they won't be revealing anything major for a hundred years or so lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
how can you tie a simple movie in with alien disclosure, if that was the case wouldn't of happened already since the movie E.T came out along time ago?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i saw the movie paul it is a cute movie altho gotta warn you now before you let your kids watch it, there is ALOT of cussing in it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well if there is an agenda it's pretty much next to useless.
It would of been going on since the 50's, what exactly has this achieved? Half the people have probably died from old age waiting for the"agenda" to be unfurled. It is nothing new.
Frankly it is up to those who suggest there is to provide the evidence, a run of sci fi flicks is not the link, it wasn't last year or the year before that or the decades before that. It's business as usual.

You, and most people, fail to understand that we are involved in a long-term, natural process of evolving from one very strict world view of the whole Universe being created for our benefit alone to learning differently from the bits and pieces of scientific evidence hitting us every day and coupled with new...get this...THOUGHT about how the Universe really is (or at least seems to be by our current perspective.

Your grandparents were initially introduced to UFOs back in the 1940, 50, and 60s. The basic argument is still unanswered, but it is becoming more and more answered by developing scientific discoveries and discussions--We Are Not Alone! Whether you personally are a believer in ETs and UFOs or not is not the point of it all. Regardless, you are very much aware of the new possibilities that MUST be considered...even if rejected as you reject an educational conspiracy via popular movies. The "awareness" is the key factor. It has a bearing on the whole process.

In essence, the UFO myth is today a very inherent aspect of the world's mass culture! It is actually incredible if you stop to consider this gigantic philosophical development that is, of course, under endless debate which is exactly the natural, expected and requireded vehicle to propel the process of acknowledgement.

The word "myth" is usually preceived as a false story about something. That is a wrong understanding of the term. A myth may be entirely false, partially true or wholly true. Regardless, the promotion of a myth is a natural and safe way for a new concept to be internalized by the receiving mind.

Check out the books or old TV series videos of Joseph Campbell. He was a scholar and very adept at explaining how myths were and are important to moving the mind of humanity from one position to another, usually better, one. (His works were not at all related directly to how humans could be conditioned to met ET/UFOs. It is the process itself, as I've used the word a couple of times already here, is "natural." Basically, it is simply allowed to happen on its own accord, and that takes time. The more time the better to lessen the impact.

For a reality check, think about the views and knowledge, if any, your grandparents had about UFOs and the Universe in general versus your own at this second. And then think ahead a few years to how you may be changing even more.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

From the trailer , PAUL is an offence to human species and a load of crap!

Makes me sick only watching the trailer!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Glad to see there are others out there noticing this too. It is not only in the movies, but in a lot of the commercials on television these days. The KIA Optima commercial is a fairly recent one. Not only is the media desensitizing "Aliens",but also the "paranormal". I watched all the Super Bowl commercials on youtube, and was absolutely amazed.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Agreed, and understood.
My thoughts are that it's been an on going thing for centuries really,
just compare how humans would be in their natural state as to how they are now and I at least walk away from that seeing a trained and penned species at work for a larger agenda.
The globe isnt being used properly for sustaining and sharing as it could be if the intelligence of man was used correctly,
instead it's main focus is the containing, and killing of mankind,
and most reasons or excuses given for all the bloodshed all root back to just simple needs and respect,

These are built on rather than built in troubles and problems that keep us at war and ignorant and killing,
should there be a reveal or disclosure of beings and their technology to the entire globe,
the resulting system upheavals and chaos to follow will be the birthing pangs and final destructive free for all by an entire species hooked on religious, cultural, ethnic, sexual and class differences.
The collapse of our own created cages.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Are aliens going to be the next kim kardashian or mike rowe. They will be the next popular spokesperson for commercials , maybe the people who are into the reptile thing will see something in the Geico commercials.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm counting more than just this one...

Paul
Battle: Los Angeles
Cowboys & Aliens (which looks awesome)
Transformers 3

I'm already plenty desensitized...make with the popcorn!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join