It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MUTTER Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Remember MUTTER on the old BTS? I was feeling nostalgic for it and it seems at least a few other people might feel the same way.

Of course there is always chat, but I thought I'd start up a "Mutter emulator" thread, so to speak. With the mods' hopeful approval, this thread will be a place to post random one-liners, off-the-cuff observations, etc., just like BTS MUTTER in the days of yore.

Relevant ATS/BTS threads for reference include the following:
Muttering has come to BelowTopSecret.com!
Things I've Learned From Mutter
Lurkers of BTS and Mutter

edit on 2/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Good idea...
I was just thinking how fed up I am with all the talk...talk....talk....talk going on in the MSM. I have information overload. I don't know if Mother Nature is going to get us first or if it's going to be WWIII because of oil and food shortages or if it's just going to be a global meltdown in the financial markets, but I feel one of these scenarios is going to happen real soon.
Glad I got that off my chest.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ok so i looked through all the links on your post and I still dont get it?! Whats a mutter? and whats a mutter box I didn't see one? How do you mutter? mutter butter futtter!!!! I am STOOPID!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
Ok so i looked through all the links on your post and I still dont get it?! Whats a mutter? and whats a mutter box I didn't see one? How do you mutter? mutter butter futtter!!!! I am STOOPID!

Mutter was a BTS feature that is no longer here. Imagine a little mini-scrolling chat sidebar on the right-hand side of the Web page. It was always there, whenever you logged into BTS, but it wasn't annoying and in-your face. You could just kind of type in little meaningless phrases that popped into your head any time, or have these little mini-interactions with whoever happend to be there. Some people took it more seriously and were on it for longer stretches at a time.

edit on 2/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
ah so you could just say something like "hey everyone hows it goin?" and then go browse the forums and whoevers around would reply? kinda like a shoutbox or a mini chat thingy then?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
ah so you could just say something like "hey everyone hows it goin?" and then go browse the forums and whoevers around would reply? kinda like a shoutbox or a mini chat thingy then?

Yes, I think you are getting the idea, not exactly the same but that kind of thing. Like a mini chat thing scrolling down. It was basically for one-liners, stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Actually, it might be a way to tackle subjects line by line without having to go deeply into it. More like a conversation than a diatribe.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

How is mutter any different than a "General Chit/Chat" thread???

I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i like pizza

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I like pizza too

This is a nifty idea btw, I dont feel smart enough to post in most of the other threads around here but would still like to post once and awhile.. say hi that kind of thing

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

with ranch dressing for dipping

(this is how we used to Mutter, I miss it too!)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ranch and pizza?? gross! I bet you like ketchup on your eggs too!! ew!

top topics

join