It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheen's conduct spurs season shutdown of 'Two and a Half Men'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Sheen's conduct spurs season shutdown of 'Two and a Half Men'

www.washingtonpost.com

CBS and Warner Bros. TV have taken the extraordinary step of scrapping production on the country's most popular comedy series, "Two and a Half Men," for the rest of the season after star Charlie Sheen went on his most breathtaking radio tear yet Thursday.

"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season," the two companies said Thursday
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Listening to the Alex Jones show thursday guesting Charlie Sheen you could tell Sheen was juiced up and acting pretty odd with the things he was saying. With him almost claiming to be for violence and threats freely speakin his mind when Alex likes to cover his tracks and always try to be politically correct on calling for non violence in the infowar Charlie seemed like he just wanted war. Time will only tell now how exactly this will affect both him and Jones but there's no doubt that Charlie doesn't need anymore ammo to give the stringpullers on how to demonize him especially lately, this is just huge.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
yeah that "home rehab" is really working for Sheen.....

oh well, I say let him do what he wants as long as he is only hurting himself. If he dies then so be it, there are people who really want help who everyone should be more concerned with.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I listened to the first youtube clip and sheen made no sense....

i'm not an alex jones or sheen follower, so is it just I don't know the background... or is he just speaking gibberish?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
I listened to the first youtube clip and sheen made no sense....

i'm not an alex jones or sheen follower, so is it just I don't know the background... or is he just speaking gibberish?

Nah that's someone with too much money on too much coc aine and no reason to think before he speaks. The guy makes 2 million an episode (till now) and doesn't give a **** about anything. He actually used the phrase "Vatican assassin warlocks" during that interview, referring to himself and Alex Jones. I'd bet on him dying in the next year or so

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

No something was definitely off with Chalie today, he didn't make sense from the beginning. He was supposed to come on and "set the record straight" but instead he was very angry and egoistic saying whatever he wanted and just added more fuel to the bonfire.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sheen sounded like an ADHD kid on steriods but I did'nt find anything odd he said, Charlie Sheen is Charlie Sheen...either you like him or do you don't and if you don't he aint going to give a h00t!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Here is the comment that I think got the crazy ball on a roll.... If your not part of my family, I will murder you violently!!

Wow, look I dont care how high he gets, who or what hes having sex with, but come on, no one was around to make sure he isn't "drunk dialing"? These guys have plenty of people around them due to their success. How come no one was there to make him aware that maybe he should get some sleep. Hide his phone. Get him a downer.

His life is his own, but he has put the last nail in the coffin on this one. I saw one episode of his show, and it didn't seem like a kid show, but I asked a friend, if there are kids in it (even 17 or younger), imagine if Bob Saget went on the radio making the same type of comments.

They let it fly when he spoke about 9-11 but this went to far.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow... Charlie by name, Charlie by habit, evidently. To be quite honest with you, I actualy like it when egotistical wastes of flesh screw themselves over on air. Im even more pleased that one of the most terrible shows I have ever had the misfortune to come across, will not be aired , or at least , will suffer a hiatus in production.
Hot Shots, and Hot Shots Part Deux were amazing, and I will never forget them, but that doesnt excuse an otherwise horrificaly poor career , his enourmous self opinion, or his habits as a woman beater, abuser (not just user, which I have no problem with) of hard drugs, an abuser of alcohol, not to mention being a whoring , foul mouthed, talentless piece of just barely sentient walking trash. I seriously hope that he destroys himself.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Is this really ALternative news?

I dont see a conspiracy,political or any other angle the EGO abuses himself? Is there any way this fits into breaking alternative news?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm supposed to be angry at Sheen like everyone else. I'm supposed to say that he's a loser and that he has thrown it all away and that he's not getting anymore chances. I'm supposed to say that and I have nothing against anyone that does. But Sheen is obviously a mess. A freaking psychological storm. I think all of this publicity is getting to him or something. Something has got under his skin. Seriously. This man is a firecracker. He's mad about something. Maybe he's always been mad. He needs to find a constructive way of venting or it'll destroy him, not just his reputation. People wnated him to go to rehab and take it seriously so that he wouldn't be destroyed. His career was defined by comedies. Now it's defined by drunken rampages and wife beatings and anti-american hate speech. What happened. Sheen broke. Something gave way. He fell. KO.

Maybe he can make something out of this mess. I hope so. I don't like to see anyone fail. It's hard watching this because you can see him throwing it all away and he's so vulnerable right now. He has this entire nation watching him and picking him apart. In a way we're all disgusting for doing it. It's self-indulgent to pick apart a man that's so vulnerable and in pieces. Everyone does it because it's so easy. What we should be doing is finding a way to give him the privacy he needs to recover but I don't ever want to see him in a movie again or on TV his career is over in that respect. He'll need to reinvent himself and he needs privacy to do that. Remember, when a child is broken we feel sorry for them, when an adult is broken we accuse them. Should we? I know what he's done is bad, and I don't ever want to see him in a show ever again, but come on! We're human too. Lets not be self-righteous about another mans losses. It just doesn't feel right. It feels wrong.

The diffference between people who assist bullies or bully themselves and those who don't is that when those who don't cross someone that's vulnerable, like Sheen, they don't attack him and indulge on the activity. I feel what he's done is wrong just as much as anyone, but I don't feel an equal amount of desire to pick him apart. The only way Sheen is going to get real rehab and recovery is when Sheen is willling to admit he has a problem. ONLY then. Ranting about him or attacking him does nothing. Anger is only productive when it supports something you already agree with, like when you see a loved one getting beat up by a thug. Or when you feel that AGW is real and you get angry because you see people carelessly making it worse. Anger just helps to motivate us to do what we already believe. So throwing your anger at sheen only supports you, it doesn't support Sheen.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I would feel SOOOO much more sorry for him, if he wasnt in the following position:

Hes a rich man who but for the presence of his overwhelming bank balance, would have been in jail for assault with a deadly weapon, common assault, drug possesion, criminal damage , and have been sued into the middle of the next millenium for the things he has said about folks over the years.
Its only the fact that the entitled little piece of crap has a bunch of money that has kept him away from jail and the streets, and Im not being funny, but I know plenty of people who have had the problems he has, and rather than being coddled by thier accountants, and thier lawyers, when they act the way he has in the past, they have had to suffer the consequences, and rightly so .
The mans a disgrace and I hope he rots.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I would feel SOOOO much more sorry for him, if he wasnt in the following position:

Hes a rich man who but for the presence of his overwhelming bank balance, would have been in jail for assault with a deadly weapon, common assault, drug possesion, criminal damage , and have been sued into the middle of the next millenium for the things he has said about folks over the years.
Its only the fact that the entitled little piece of crap has a bunch of money that has kept him away from jail and the streets, and Im not being funny, but I know plenty of people who have had the problems he has, and rather than being coddled by thier accountants, and thier lawyers, when they act the way he has in the past, they have had to suffer the consequences, and rightly so .
The mans a disgrace and I hope he rots.
There's a difference between coddling his behavior and HOPING HE ROTS, but both are bad.

You have to find a middleground where you don't coddle and you don't hope he rots.

He's not the only one with problems, you know.

We should be like those people at rehab centers. Hope he comes, but don't spread needless hate. The A.A. (alcoholics anonymous) is the same way. That's how we should be as people.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
He reminded me of a Dennis Leary comedy act circa 1990s.

I think he was either high or on the natural high that comes with getting clean off. Plus if every time we've heard the guy speak he has been wasted, and then we finally hear him sober - well that man might sound strange.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

no but rich powerful people tend to get the best doctors , the best pills , the best nurses , treatment , location for treatment , when all of those resources could be employed / used for those less fortunate(rich powerful) , with behaviourial problems , addictions etc,

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
He is an IDIOT. If I were one of the workers put out of work because of his ILLEGAL antics I'd sue the pants off of him. He is a spoiled brat who thinks he is above he law. He uses his money and fame to get what he wants and to get out of what he wants. He doesn't think of anyone else but himself. He has kids he never sees. I was reading in a magazine how neither he or the worthless mother of his twins even sees these kids, apparently Paris Hiltons mom has been taking care of them. These people need to have everything taken away from them.

This is what pisses me off about society. Everyone is ah oh poor Charlie he just needs help and yet when it's someone they know with the SAME damn problem only with a smaller bank account and a less known job title then they become some loser they don't want to know...yet when it was Charlie Sheen or Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan people have sympathy and want to help them. That mentality makes me sick. If these people were in the real world they would have lost everything by now instead they keep getting free passes. Mel and Charlie should both be in jail for domestic violence and Lindsay should be in for many reasons as well and yet they always get off. No wonder this country is so screwed up, look at what people deem important. Im sick of seeing Lindsay and Charlie on the news when there are more important things that impact our lives going on in this world.

Maybe if they lost everything like a normal person would maybe they would wake up. Who knows but the obvious special treatment these celebs get needs to stop. He is not only ruining his life but the lives of others who relied on that income. He should have to pay all the money those people lost due to his actions.

Grr..sorry for semi ranting, this topic and celebs and how people seem to worship them just really gets to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

THOSE DAMNED RICH PEOPLE. MAY THEY ALL ROT IN HELL.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh right, because you know everything...
You know all his drug habits...
You know for a fact that he beats women....
What? Do you work for E Hollywood tonight or something...
None of us truly know this guy...
As far as we know, he could just be putting on a show. Like most of em' in Hollywood do.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Charlie Sheen is a spoiled little twit. His network should drop him, and let us never speak of him again.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Charlie Sheen is such a .....------ ok I can't really say what I want to here cause of rules and all but trust me, my opinions on him are not nice! I absolutely LOVE the show two and a half men, it is perfect for my sense of humor! It just makes me laugh and laugh however the whole time I'm watching it I just want to GAG cause I can't stand Charlie Sheen! pompous, arrogant, greasy looking, womanizer! ugh!

but anyway, what does Charlie Sheen have to do with conspiracy and alternative news and views???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join