It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The place of your death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A slightly macabre topic: the connection of humans to the place (physical location) they will die.

Many people and cultures believe we have some kind of psychic, paranormal, or metaphysical connection to the actual location we will die or be buried.

Some Native Americans used to believe they would receive a dream vision of the place they would die. Having dreamed of this place, it is said, some warriors were able to overcome fear, knowing that a particular place of war or struggle was not the location they had dreamed of, and that they would live another day. (Of course, it must have been a shock to finally come upon the place of your dreams, if this ever actually happened...)

Another piece of tradtion/folklore (or superstition, depending on how you choose to think of it) is that when you get gooserbumps, somebody is walking over the site of your future grave.

There may be other examples. My question to you -- do you put any stock in this? Have you ever any feelings/premonitions/revelations about the physical location of your death? Do you think something ties our minds/spirits with such locations, and that we can see them in dreams or visions, or otherwise experience their influence?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
In general terms, yes.

I assume that I will die on Earth. That's my premonition, or shall I call it logical conclusion?

But when it comes to specifically the GPS coordinates of the locations of death? The only way to know that is if your Planning it out.....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don't know if this is what you're getting at, but I've always thought I would die of cancer. It's fairly common on both sides of my family, and it's something I kind of fear.
Either that, or a horrific car accident due to my husbands awful driving.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Weeeden because: accidently used the same word twice in the SAME sentence.. *gasp*

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yeah, I get the willies every time I go into space... Every time...!

(Note: non-serious answer)
edit on 25/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This may sound a little arrogant and yes, ignorant, but I have the sneaking suspicion that I won't die.

I'm only thirty (30) years old, and I have the gut feeling that something will stop my death from happening.

1. Medical advancements in the next few decades will end and reverse the process of dying, stabilizing the Human Body.

2. Alien intervention. See above for details, as limited as they may be.

3. Death for the individual is not possible, only for those around him, as he is the only true observer (even more so than any God) that can be proven using the solipsist stance. There can be only one.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

3. Death for the individual is not possible, only for those around him, as he is the only true observer (even more so than any God) that can be proven using the solipsist stance. There can be only one.

I have often thought this way. It's odd that I seem to be here when on several occasions in my life, I could have and should have been snuffed out, only to escape some how.

To address the knowing of your place of death, I can't say I've experienced that... but it makes me wonder, if you did have a premonition of such, I think most people would avoid that location at all costs if they saw it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I used to have strong feelings that I would die on the forest path near our old house. For the two years I lived there I felt that I would be happy to die there.

Then one day, I mentioned to someone who knew the house that occasionally we heard a foot step upstairs when there was no-one else besides us indoors.

"Oh yes" he said 'That's A......" I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he was serious and, actually, he was.

He thought the ghost of the previous owner was still there.

So, I don't know now if I'm likely to die in the forest (since I'm a mile or two away now) or if I was somehow picking up the thoughts and feelings of the previous occupant of the house.

It would be interesting to know the statistics on how many people die in a familiar place and how many die when they are away from their usual haunts.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Awesome thread concept.

Personally, I'd like to believe that since a person is usually born crying into a room full of laughing people that if they have lived their life to it's fullest and they are fortunate to be loved by others, it is only fitting they should die laughing in a room full of crying people.

However, that will not be my scenario. Throughout my entire life I've gotten these brief and sudden "blips" of my ultimate impending demise. I can only describe it as an instantaneous bright flash and intense momentary adrenaline rush. Somewhat similar to driving through an intersection and glancing over at the last minute to see an oncoming car T-Bone you at high speed or getting whacked upside the head. I always jump or react in some way. It is similar to that free falling pre-dream state where you are about to doze off and almost jump out of bed in reaction to feeling of falling.

I've had several near death experiences but always knew it wouldn't be the ultimate dirt nap. Three years ago I survived a near fatal stroke. It was a long slow ordeal and I never experienced that slow motion warm glow or white tunnel. I knew that wasn't going to be it. I was calm throughout the ordeal much to chagrins of Doctors and family.

Don't ask me how I know, I just do. At least it will be quick although I'm not sure of the location. Might be anywhere I suppose.

Sorry to babble on but this thread struck a chord with me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Muzzle, this is Commander JPZ of NASA's Mars colonization program. I am pleased to inform you that your five year tour of duty on Mars has been approved. Good luck, solider, and God Bless.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I always feel like I'm going to die. I've gotten to this point where I am happy to accept the fact that death is something no one can escape from.

Funnily enough, however, I don't believe I will die, either. I mean, I know I will die, but so long as I walk about waiting for it I don't think it's likely to come. I made a thread on this subject at the beginning of 2010 (I think). You know how when you're waiting for a delivery man to come, and you sit there looking at the clock thinking 'oh come on...'. The moment you stop looking at the clock and start reading a book there's a knock at the door and he's there with your thing.

As long as I fear death I won't do anything foolish or arrogant, which- unless something unpredictably catastrophic happens such as a piano dropping from the fiftieth floor of a block of flats or I have a heart attack- should keep me somewhat safe. Well, it's worked so far.

Ramadwarf on evading death.

P.S. The trick is not to think about what you're doing, because then you get arrogant! Just behave as is natural for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

This may sound a little arrogant and yes, ignorant, but I have the sneaking suspicion that I won't die.

I'm only thirty (30) years old, and I have the gut feeling that something will stop my death from happening.

1. Medical advancements in the next few decades will end and reverse the process of dying, stabilizing the Human Body.

2. Alien intervention. See above for details, as limited as they may be.

You're not that arogant

there is a "science" called palm reading!
I can confirm that in at least 4 cases I've been "hunting" it was 80-90% TRUE!!!
Now don't think that I go around morgues reading dead people'r left palm or something....

The persons that died at very different ages were persons I knew!
And I have seen a lot of palms in wich the "life-line" is VERY LONG , almost it doesn't finnishes at all!
It's thin towards the end of life BUT IT'S THERE! (like in my case)
This can mean only one thing :
some of us that live today are going to "experience" something unbelievable in the future ! (I'm 28 years) .
I wouldn't go that far with "alien intervention" !
They might as well NOT BE ALLOWED TO INTERFERE WITH THIS CREATION! (although the reptilians/fallen angels DID SO ) .
We as individuals know little about the environment/world in wich we live today; and those who know keep it VERY QUIET FOR CENTURIES NOW!
Even our current state of time can't really be explained accuratelly!
what is present , what is past or what is future?
It's just a matter of state and how we perceive reality!
It's proven that when gravity is EXTREMELY POWERFULL time almost ceases to "work"/exist!
That would make a "normal" human beeing IMMORTAL!
All chemical/biological/electrical processes in that human body will still take place but in a VERY SLOOOW STATE!
That I think it's the closest thing to immoratlity when we talk about a human body!
The "other thing" that makes a human beeing HUMAN , the soul or consciousness I don't know what to say about it , but I think it doesn't dissapeare at all!
Human body is just a "shell"/recipient in wich this "soul" is brought to this world/time dimension !
And another thing :
an alien beeing/entity MIGHT VERY WELL BE IN THE FORM OF AN ELECTRICAL/SPIRIT STATE and not at all as steven spielberg describes them in those idiotic movies he makes!
AN ALIEN COULD "POSSES" A HUMAN BODY BY JUST "REPLACING" THE HUMAN NEURONS/ELECTRICAL SINAPSES!
And that person would NEVER BE ABLE TO ACKNOLEDGE IT!

The place of someone's death can't be known!
Only if "someone/something" some sort of entity > GOD shows that person in some way(dream most likely) , WERE he would leave this world /time dimension!
Some of us might "transform" in something else...
remains to be seen!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

OH , and when I was 12 years old I almost died of an infection from an appendicitis wich because wasn't painfull AT ALL (seriously speaking) it turned into a peritonitis and effectively they (the doctors at that time) had to bring in the "vacuum cleaner" in order to suck all that infection out of me...
THIS TOO shows in my " life line" - it's discontinued right about where would be the 10-15 years mark !
That one thing convinced me of the accuracy of this "palm reading stuff" !
As to where I WOULD DIE?!
That I would really like to know!
Although the life line deosn't end at all...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Mkay and your seat cushion is a flotation device should the aircraft make a water landing.

When I was younger I shared your sense of invincibility and thought if I cut off my foot, I'd grow another one back.

Now I realize if I cut off my foot I'd only require one shoe.

edit on 27-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm not sure about all that but would seem logical that someone would sense that everything is going to
be okay for the time being..they would live yet another day.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I do not think that if I cut off my foot, another one would grow back. I do not think that I am invincible.

I stated that at my age, it is possible that medicine will advance to a stage that might allow extremely prolonged life-spans in the years to come, possilby within my life-time.

I believe in the death of others, as I worked for the coroner and have had numerous family members die, but as I am the observer, it does not make sense that I will perish, at least not in an absolute sense, anyway.

Call it faith in a God, a Soul, a soon to be realised miracle.

I will not succumb to a total death because I will it to be so.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The eagle right before die go to high mountains and no body ever see it, cats when they can, disappear too. Could be some connection with animal instincts.
edit on 27-2-2011 by MightyWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Gosh your going to be one very disappointed person. None of us want to die but there have been ummmm no exceptions to the rule.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Each to his own brother, live and let live. It is worthy to note there are also things called war, accidents, murder, plane crashes etc. that tend to trump medical advances.

But I sincerely hope that works out for you bro.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Gosh your going to be one very disappointed person. None of us want to die but there have been ummmm no exceptions to the rule.

If you read the first quote in your signature, you will find it expresses something close to my beliefs.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join