It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive Map Of Current Unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sky Middle East Unrest Overview

Just saw this on the sky website. Its an interactive map showing the reasons for the unrest in each country and their importance on the global scene.

As its a mainstream news website bias is to be expected but its a pretty good resource and it has links to videos of the events in each country.

If anyone can contradict the information provided by the map please by all means deny the ignorance.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

S&F Thank you! Its about time someone created one of these... A world unrest chart may be needed soon. Also! Everyone say a prayer for everyone in Iraq, tomorrow is Iraqi day of Rage.

Anxiety and hope ahead of Iraq 'Day of Rage' protest

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
S&F!! Good find! ..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've been looking for something like this for the past 3 days...I even spent the day trying to make something in Google Earth...but I'm not very patient. Star and Flag for you my friend.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I love these interactive maps. Since the uprisings began, I have put my huge world political map in my computer room to good use. I have been using flag pins to mark key areas. It's really mind blowing when you mark where every protest is taking place. There are flags everywhere. There is truly a global awakening taking place. My son says it looks like I am playing the game Risk.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This may be slightly off topic, but how many ats points does it take to redeem in for a famous bowl combo at kfc,you know the one with the mashed potatoes and corn and cheese?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Bahrain is such a small country that it doesn't show up on that map. There have been bloody protests in that country too.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Starred and flagged; nice find. I just shared it with one friend and will be sharing it with others.

I like the conciseness of the explanations of each country combined with the statistics.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Unfortunately, Bahrain is such a small country that it doesn't show up on that map. There have been bloody protests in that country too.

You have no idea how much time I spent trying to find that damn country. I thought maybe National Geographic had made a mistake when producing the map. Finally found it with the help of a magnifying glass.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

Originally posted by janon

You have no idea how much time I spent trying to find that damn country. I thought maybe National Geographic had made a mistake when producing the map. Finally found it with the help of a magnifying glass.

Oh you are right. It is there just really hard to click on.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roasted aliv3

Nice find. Thank you. Star and flag.

I linked to your thread in my thread. I hope you don't mind if I post my link here: United We Stand with Our Arab Brothers and Sisters.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I assume by "Support the Arab Revolution" you mean the removal of the Imperialist creations such as the countries of the Arab World and a re-establishment of the Pan Arab State / Caliphate of the past ruled under Sharia Law, with a Caliph and in control of all the Oil in the Middle East.

We stand at an important fork in the road. The Arab people are removing Autocracy but will they replace it with Democracy or Theocracy.

Will they embrace a free future or revert to an Iranian model of Islamic Revolution.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcub

The poster didn't say anything about supporting an islamic caliphate. Thats a very broad assumption just because he supports the people in the mid-east clamouring for reform that he supports a desire for an islamic caliphate!

Its all to do with connectivity, people can see what goes on beyond their own borders to the greatest extent in history due to the internet and that combined with how young most of the populations of the arab world are is culminating in what we are seeing today.

While I agree that there is a potential for islamic extremism or fascism/totalitarianism to rise in the countries gripped by this latest turmoil I think its mostly secular in nature and I cannot see modern countries like those in North Africa becoming theocracies although the Arabian pennensula and beyonnd could be a different story...

new topics

top topics

join