It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive Interview With Donald Rumsfeld On The Daily Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This was a good show and yes, I am a fan of Stewart's, especially his interview abilities and frankness. Even though this is old news(Iraq War), Jon has an opportunity to ask or confirm what many of us would like to, and Stewart lays it out. It is amazing how Stewart seems to know more about the details involved with the Iraq buildup than Rumsfeld does. Rummy tries to put out the usual smokescreen rhetoric about honor and gratitude, but winds up admitting, more often than not, that Jon is correct in his assessment. Sometimes I wish Stewart had a full show for interviews. He was a little on the offensive in this interview, but generally speaking he gives his guest plenty of room to share their side of things and quite often Jon is able to find middle ground, as opposed to remaining divided and in disagreement.
So, this is the one interview where Rummy gets undisturbed and hard questions about his decisions in the previous administration.
For what it's worth, the 3 part interview:
www.thedailyshow.com...

peace,
spec
edit on 24-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Listening right now. Thanks.

In a related thread. He was interviewed on Opie and Anthony today and was questioned over and over by Louis CK weather or not he was a Lizard. Hilarious.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I saw this last night, it was great to see John ask him "tougher" questions, but the answers he gave weren't as satisfying as I would have liked. From the book Rummy is promoting it seems like he's trying to put the blame on the other members of the administration. 'It was everyone else who screwed up, not me' type of thing. hah.
edit on 2/24/2011 by Drezden because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"It's not a lie...if you believe it." - George Costanza. No way Bush could lie this good. Jon would've buried him.

I also am getting sick of the phrase "heartland of America". I'm on part 2 at the moment.

S and F.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its interesting, but not worth watching all donald does is deny deny deny, just as you would expect

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

So true, and his denying may settle with many, but to me and many others, his tactic is stale, inappropriate, out of place and downright dishonest. He did acknowledge much of Stewart's points as "correct" though, because I think he could sense Jon had done his homework. I always feel well represented by Stewart, regardless of which "side" he may lean to, so kudos to Stewart.

spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

From the book Rummy is promoting it seems like he's trying to put the blame on the other members of the administration.

Exactly! I always thought the ones at the top held the responsibility and accountability of those under them. I can hardly believe him spreading the blame as if he was not in on those decisions. Won't work with Stewart though, he'll cut right thru it!

spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Thanks Mayabong, I'll check em'.
Thanks for the reply too

spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Thanks DevilJin for the comments, and the Castanza quote made me chuckle, until I realized it's literal utilization

spec

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Another interview with Rumsfeld by Judge Napolotino:

I try to be as objective as I can listening to these interviews, but I feel and think Rumsfeld id dishonest and belittling. He is also a crafty speaker, but the way he addresses people, as if they have no clue to the reality of the situation, is crap. I would like to know for certain about any chem weaponry/technology we supposedly sold to Iraq. I have heard this but not seen any evidence.

spec

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Rumsfeld's naive attitude in his recent interviews gives weight to what I always felt about him... that he's more of a puppet than a puppeteer. At least if he can manage to show himself as as much one-dimensional as this, that's either because he actually IS, or that he's really a damn good actor.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Agreed Echtelion, it is as if he is poised to adress idiots or something. It is like he is speaking to an audience from the 90's, unaware and less suspicious of these neo-cons. Blah!
I guess I should be grateful that he is just confirming so many's suspicion about the whole Iraq war, and watching him squirm a bit only shows that he knew/knows it was wrong!

Peace,
spec

new topics

top topics

join