It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Intelligence Agency Ready to Split With CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Pakistan's Intelligence Agency Ready to Split With CIA

www.military.com

February 24, 2011
Associated Press
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Pakistan's ISI spy agency is ready to split with the CIA because of frustration over what it calls heavy-handed pressure and its anger over what it believes is a covert U.S. operation involving hundreds of contract spies, according to an internal document obtained by The Associated Press and interviews with U.S. and Pakistani officials.

Such a move could seriously damage the U.S war effort in Afghanistan, limit a program targeting al-Qaida insurgents along the Pakistan frontier, and restrict Washington's access to information in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seems like another classic ‘give someone an inch and they will take a mile’ story, is coming out of Pakistan’s ISI over the Raymond Davis affair and the U.S. State Department’s and CIA heavy handed tactics to free the man is causing Pakistan to rethink having hundreds of contract CIA operatives running around their nation causing mayhem.

Perhaps they are waking up to the fact that the CIA intends to manipulate the War on Terror in perpetuity by alternately funding and arming, the very people the U.S. Military and they later go after to keep the Military Industrial Complex in pocket money, and Americans being groped at the airports.

The dishonest nature of the War on Terror and the U.S. Government in fighting it, is giving allies and people here at home alike reason to rethink.

A nuclear armed Pakistan might have more leverage in extraditing the large clandestine U.S. Intelligence presence and the constant cross border incursions by U.S. Drone attacks that mounting civilian casualties from are bound to ratchet up public displeasure within Pakistan.

It seems like the ‘can’t shoot straight’ Pentagon, and the ‘can’t talk straight’ CIA are making more enemies than they are in eliminating foes, and in more ways than one.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Pakistani ISI has never been friendly towards US intelligence agencies. All of our requests went through the Pakistani Government, who then relayed the request / order to ISI.

Easier and safer to split now, rather than to continue giving ISI intelligence information who then turn it over / warn the terrorists.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It seems that it was Raymond Davis a CIA contract employee who was passing information to the militants.

Sorry but since the only group over there using terrorist style attacks most of the time in the U.S. through unmanned arial drones, I don't think falling for the word game constructs is wise for anyone with a critical thinking intelligent mind really is well served by bandying about.

Labelling every group that doesn't see eye to eye on U.S. Foreign policy and U.S. military aggression as a terrorists is pretty much like saying, I got brainwashed and liked it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The real terrorists CIA have been outed and now they are sour graps with the Pakis.
Perhaps the CIA would do better if it treated the Pakis with some respect.
They have the advantage of being well versed in the machinations of the tribal areas, and have much knowledge that we have merely ignored in favour of our own misguided suppositions.
Time to start treating the ISI like real allies instead of servants.
or maybe too late now.....?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think the Genie may be out of the bag already, the whole War on Terror strategy just seems to be to make it as prolonged, confused, and frustrating as humanly possible, and that's not the so called 'terrorists' doing, but the U.S. Governments.

Sure we hand out lots of money and in essence 'buy' these people like the Pakistani Government through it, which often is a better alternative than the U.S. Military stick, but when it comes to how the U.S. conducts it's foreign policy, most nations seem to figure out they end up getting stuck one way or another by us.

Great post!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It seems that it was Raymond Davis a CIA contract employee who was passing information to the militants.

Sorry but since the only group over there using terrorist style attacks most of the time in the U.S. through unmanned arial drones, I don't think falling for the word game constructs is wise for anyone with a critical thinking intelligent mind really is well served by bandying about.

Labelling every group that doesn't see eye to eye on U.S. Foreign policy and U.S. military aggression as a terrorists is pretty much like saying, I got brainwashed and liked it.

I am basing my opinion of of ISI actions, not guesses. Back in the Clinton days when he launched the cruise missile strike, he warned pakistan at the last minute we were violating their airspace. Bin Laden was tipped off by ISI.

As far as the American being CIA, I think we should give him the benefiet of the doubt that he was on a mission, and not actually selling info to terror cells. To me it looks like it was an effort to expose some of these groups, giving targets to the drone strikes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sure lets give him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure you extend it to lots of people involved in questionable activity while out on patrol right?

Since the American people in fact have no oversight over the CIA and it's contract employees and almost no ability to curtail or address any of it's and their wrongdoings, yeah why even sweat it right?

Let's give people who gun down people in other nation's on their streets, who just happen to be connected with the CIA the benefit of the doubt!

Rule number one in Intelligence, if there is a doubt, there is no doubt!

top topics

join