It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil rain confirmed by NASA chief mission scientist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well more proof that thinking "outside the box" isn't crazy. I did a search and didn't see this posted so here we are. Well the link to the youtube video is a private link and it won't let me post the video but here is an article on it. www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... on 22-2-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Hi. I think you have link issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Okay I worked out the video issue. www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is the link you wanted.
Link
That's to the OP's first intended link which only half-worked.

Now correct me on this one if I am wrong, as I am open to corrections.

But isn't oil too heavy to enter the clouds through evaporation?
So it just seems rather illogical to say it's raining oil.

Perhaps it is raining chemical components FROM oil.
But saying it's raining oil, just seems, an inaccurate misuse of semantics. A misnomer.

It's raining hydrocarbons just doesn't pack that media-sensationalist punch does it?
Oh well, since it's actually super important to discuss, I will not hold it as an important distinction.

It's just a minor nit-pick linguistically.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Hi I'm a newbie around here, so please be gentle with me
Could this in any way link to why we experienced the mass animal (bird and fish) deaths from earlier this year / latter part of last year, and onwards or am I being a little too lateral (crazy out the box ) thinking ? Up until now I have been thinking pole shift, but wondered if perhaps if the percipitation has oil in it, then could it not be one possible avenue of exploration surrounding these deaths ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Lol, you should have been at the first dessert storm where it would rain for 15 minutes and puddles of black soot-oil where on the ground.

Yes it does happen, been there done that, no fun

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

No I don't think the oil/oil residue/hydrocarbon rain
"Muzzleflash" Contributed to the mass animal die offs away from the gulf like the 5,000 plus birds in Arkansas if thats what you mean. I do think the Gulf of Mexico death zone had a hand in all the dead baby Dolphins www.abovetopsecret.com... and other unusual die offs in the gulf. I say unusual because die offs do happen naturally so we have to be careful in calling every single die off from Janurary 1's 2011 on up unnatural because there will be many natural die offs as well. Also welcome to ATS I hope you'll enjoy the experiences you have at this site and don't forget to keep some salt with ya.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I also don't want to offend anyone who's post I don't reply too due to injuries communication can be difficult, I really need to get that Dragon system.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

No I don't think the oil/oil residue/hydrocarbon rain
"Muzzleflash" Contributed to the mass animal die offs away from the gulf like the 5,000 plus birds in Arkansas if thats what you mean. I do think the Gulf of Mexico death zone had a hand in all the dead baby Dolphins www.abovetopsecret.com... and other unusual die offs in the gulf. I say unusual because die offs do happen naturally so we have to be careful in calling every single die off from Janurary 1's 2011 on up unnatural because there will be many natural die offs as well. Also welcome to ATS I hope you'll enjoy the experiences you have at this site and don't forget to keep some salt with ya.

OK cool, was just a thought, as I remember watching a youtube clip of a news report with the Arkansas incident (for want of a better word elluding me presently), and there was a woman talking about these strange brownish yellow deposits running down the sides of peoples properties, which is what made me think, and link (all be it very badly lol).
Thanks for the warm welcome, without meaning to saound really stupid at this point, but I'm going to, why the salt ? Oh is it to mean take it all with a pinch of salt, because if so, don't worry I've got that covered

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yes you'll find some threads need a pinch. I missed that story about the residue, maybe it made it that far but with the speed those birds died I don't think they were linked.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'll be back shortly I have to help a neighbor out. I hope this thread generates some interest because I think it's some important information.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you are totally right oil doesn't evaporate so it will most likely be tainted water.Has anyone bothered to grab any and test it without using whats on the ground.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That whole oil spill makes me sick just thinking about it. its affecting absolutely EVERTYHING around that oil spill and things much farther away from where the real damage was done will also be affected. I bet they are still cleaning it up in some areas but are being quiet about it. those places being anywhere that water can get to in the surrounding areas. i also wonder how much got out into the ocean where no one was really paying attention and it would be too diluted to the point where, telling there was oil in the water when you did not know what you were looking for would be nigh impossible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by itisortofthetruth

Me too I'm from the Gulf coast and it breaks my heart to see it like it is now, and to think about what it will look like in a few years to come.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join