It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control freak's in america make me sick.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Our entire system and way of life is built upon a "control" paradigm.

Without this illusion of "control", people being to hallucinate "things falling apart".

All tyrants believe they are the good guys, and the road to hell is paved in good intentions.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

My dear friend you forget that propaganda sells, if you have been here as long as I been you will avoid certain topics like the plague or end losing your personality and state of mind on bickering and none sense.

Want to change things? only post meaningful threads that provides information with resources and not personal opinions and propaganda.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's not just America... i'm reminded of a billy connolly anecdote i saw on tv... a passer-by was outraged & incredulous that a homeless "Big Issue" seller on the street had the sheer AUDACITY to be smoking a cigarette...

Kinda like "if he can afford to smoke A CIGARETTE, he's certainly NOT worth MY hard-earned £1.00 to help him get his life back on track... pffft, the cheek of it!"

Maybe ATS needs a virtual naughty-step, where those kinda posters can send all drinking/smoking/overweight/ blahblahblah members with their tail between their legs, as they gaze from on high with their self-righteously indignant, beady eye

edit on 22/2/11 by pattonisit because: shpelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I read the thread title, then figured I'd click to see what all this is about. Low and behold another America basher who is afraid to put what country they are from in there own information...If you want to throw a tantrum because you think some people are so weak minded as to let a silly thread affect them, then by all means, continue on this pitiful path of mud slinging and anonymous ball kicking. Its easy to bitch like this when you are hiding behind your keyboard. If you dont like it, start a movment and do something about it it like every other country is doing.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
btw, i personally don't see the need for "America" to be in the thread title... it's inflammatory, really... obviously, there are bigots the whole world over

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I don't bother with those threads that try to push you to back what they believe in. If someone feels so strongly about a topic they have the right to post it, air their concerns, then simply sit back and see who bites.

Plain and simple. So don't get yourself all worked up over a handful of nut-jobs that post....learn to ignore.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I agree that this is a control issue and it is causing lots of political problems in the US. I don't know where people got the idea that everyone should live as they do, but that mindset is rampant! And I get drawn to the threads because I feel I just HAVE to point out the freedom aspect that this control kills. I want to talk about how we all have behaviors that we don't like or disapprove of, but we can't force the world to live by our world view... That's just nuts!

And it's both political 'sides' that want to control everyone. Both Sides Want to Restrict Our Rights.

Yeah, they make me sick, too, Amused.
The sad truth is in my signature...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What's mind boggling to me, is that our beloved leaders actually have the mindset that ALL countries must live like we do. Did it ever occur to them, that maybe some of these regions either don't want our way of life, or maybe are to primitive at this juncture to embrace our core views?

Why must our leaders force upon other peoples of other nations are way of life? The ME people were once under one rule long ago, a " caliphate " of sorts. Maybe that's what they want back, a leader who pushes their belief system and their way of life to the masses of that region?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm sick and tired of people using the term ''freedom'' to justify anything they want, and attempting to emotionally blackmail others into accepting their viewpoint with the use of the same word.

I particularly dislike people sneaking smoking into a set of personal freedoms and the logical fallacies that ensue when attempting to justify this activity as a ''personal freedom''.

There's nothing wrong with smoking as such; the problem arises when someone subjects other non-consenting people to the potentially harmful fumes that come about from this activity.

What also irks me about so many of those that go on about ''freedom'', is their selective use of the concept that they apparently so vociferously support.

It appears that a lot of people are happy to support the ''freedoms'' that they agree with, but aren't so keen to defend the freedom for two gay people to marry, or a group of Muslims to open a mosque where they want to.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've been sick of it for a long time now. If you notice, you'll see some of them are lying in bed, relying on the monthly mailbox money, spending almost every hour on here...sitting in harsh judgement on others. In the meantime, they pretend to be on "no sides".
Progressives crack me up! I think their funny.

They prefer strife and being attention whores rather than being a respectable contributor.

There not here to contribute but instead to demean. Don't let it bother you, their pitiful, just laugh and move on.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
If you notice, you'll see some of them are lying in bed, relying on the monthly mailbox money, spending almost every hour on here..

I wonder how you know that people are lying in bed... DO you have some sort of special powers?

.sitting in harsh judgement on others.

Wha??
Excuse me? Did you READ the rest of your own post? One of the most judgmental ones I've seen! Talk about projection!

In the meantime, they pretend to be on "no sides".
Progressives crack me up!

So, you've decided that these control freaks are progressives, huh? The ones lying in bed waiting for their monthly check? Ha! You are a piece of work!

Are you talking about the progressives who want to let government CONTROL what a woman does with her body? Or are you speaking of the progressives who would CONTROL who gets married and who doesn't? Who adopts a child and who doesn't? Because, baby, those control freaks are NOT progressive!

Open your eyes. The control freaks are on ALL sides! And if you don't believe that, you might want to take a long hard look in the mirror! Just an idea.
edit on 2/22/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And this has what to do with America? Or is that part of YOUR personal agenda

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Why yes BH, when I see a poster spewing something insane, I take a look at their profile, they show pictures, thats where I'm coming from, yes, they lie in bed sitting in judgement on many.

They are cut from the same cloth when posting but you are right it's not just progressives, it's extremists from all sides!
My eyes are open so you don't have to get into a twist about that my dear.

Control freaks come in all shapes and fashions, some simply try to spew their poo in different ways.
Oh and yes they do mention their monthly checks.
Edit to add, They can't post 100 plus times a day without attacking and demeaning anyone who thinks different then they do.

edit on 22-2-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was going to ignore this thread, I read the title and thought, "oh jeez, another slam against a portion of the population".

Glad I read it.

Bravo.

S+F for bringing a voice to what many think!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
These labels like Progressive, Liberal, Conservative are deeply dividing this and other Nations.

These labels used mainly by MSM seem to be placed there to divide us.

I don't like hunting. This is my opinion. However, I would fight for your right to hunt. I believe we have a lot more in common than we think. I think we are all getting sick of being told how to think and how to feel. We seem to only fight for what we want. We used to fight for what was right.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh I should add, these control freaks who lay around with no life living on the mailbox money aren't sick, those who are sick are entitled to it, those who aren't sick but find ways to suck off of the system and spend unlimited hours on here judging other posters are the posters I speak of, there are quite a few on here.
I think they are pitiful and when they try to judge us parents I just laugh at them.
ETA: Simply read their posts and you will see they have too much time on their hands.
edit on 22-2-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ETA: Simply read their posts and you will see they have too much time on their hands.

We would if we knew who they were, but you're just making wild accusations and judgments against other members that you aren't able to name... It's a pretty lame position, IMO. If you have trouble with someone, take it up with them. You're ranting about how other people live their lives while complaining about control freaks... It comes across as a bit hypocritical, in my book.

That's all I've got to say about it. Sorry if it seems I'm picking on you, but the feel of your posts here give me a bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

We would if we knew who they were, but you're just making wild accusations and judgments against other members that you aren't able to name... It's a pretty lame position, IMO. If you have trouble with someone, take it up with them. You're ranting about how other people live their lives while complaining about control freaks... It comes across as a bit hypocritical, in my book.

That's all I've got to say about it. Sorry if it seems I'm picking on you, but the feel of your posts here give me a bad taste in my mouth.

True, I can not name them and don't desire too either, they know who they are and it's not that I have a beef with someone in particular either. But they crave attention, lol.
Btw, I could care less if someone chooses abortion or not, it's their choice, not mine. I choose individual choice and individual consequence if there is any. Control freaks are masters at wording their sentences/posts all the while judging people they don't even know.
We all need to take a look in that mirror.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

People are just expressing ideas and fears that they harbor. So many times these come from other sources and the posters are only reacting. Just as you react to them. They have no agendas as you imply. They are just wanting to express themselves.

Look beyond words and find the meanings in what is written.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I must agree 100% with the OP.

I have always thought that the people who want to Control the actions of another are Mentally Ill.

I am very serious about thinking that this behavior is a mental illness.

We, who do not find ourselves afflicted with this condition think that I have enough problems with controlling my own life , Why in the world would I want to add more work to myself in trying to control another’s life.

Just seems insane.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join