It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Order Pizza for Wisconsin Protesters

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well, that is NEVER going to happen (never has either)

People are competitive by nature - and I DO believe in personal property.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

People such as you don't WANT it to happen either.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The laborers (teachers, police, firefighters) have agreed to all of the cut the Gov. has prospected... the only thing they want to change is the clause where he rids of collective bargaining all together... I don't see why that is a problem, that is saying that these people don't have the right to assembly and bargaining as one. I see no problems with them petitioning the fact that the state is trying to strip them of their rights....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This was an amazing gesture on the part of the Egyptian people. I enjoyed reading this article.

The people in Egypt who ordered these pizzas for those who are protesting deserve commendation. At a difficult time in that their history is literally shifting before all of our eyes (and by all of "our" I mean all of humanity) these people made the effort to feed the workers who are sleeping on the floor of a building so that their voices may be heard and they do not go without basic nutrition.

If that is not humanitarianism, I don't know what would be.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

reply to post by IAMIAM

Well, that is NEVER going to happen (never has either)

People are competitive by nature - and I DO believe in personal property.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

People such as you don't WANT it to happen either.

Your damn right I don't, because unlike some naive people, I know that people can also be lazy at best, and if given the opportunity, will sit back and let someone else do the work for them.

Some of you better HOPE and PRAY that whatever cosmic belief that you believe in occurs and we have some higher consciousness thrust upon humanity and everything is rainbows and sparkly cause if food prices, gas prices and just about every other commodity go through the roof - you will find out how competitive people can be.

Some really don't understand that beneath all of us lies the creature that survival of the fittest HELD a real meaning. Civilization - its only a thin veneer.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow, that is really amazing...there's hope for us yet

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Your damn right I don't, because unlike some naive people, I know that people can also be lazy at best, and if given the opportunity, will sit back and let someone else do the work for them.

Some of you better HOPE and PRAY that whatever cosmic belief that you believe in occurs and we have some higher consciousness thrust upon humanity and everything is rainbows and sparkly cause if food prices, gas prices and just about every other commodity go through the roof - you will find out how competitive people can be.

Some really don't understand that beneath all of us lies the creature that survival of the fittest HELD a real meaning. Civilization - its only a thin veneer.

So in the name of "I'll be darned if someone is gonna work less than me and make it" you don't desire a harmonious society?

The problem with society is everyone is concerned about someone else in a negative manner.

I loved how in the Army we didn't concern ourselves with "how hard someone else" was working. There were times I was working hard and my fellows were shammin, but did I get upset and order them to join me...no! Reason being, we both knew there was going to be a time when they'd be working hard while I was shammin. See how that works?

You're worried about someone else being lazy, so you're basically in someone elses gameroom trying to see how they play. Worry about YOUR business and do what YOU do! It always works itself out.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Um maybe except Egypt evicted a dictator. In Wisconsin the Unions are the dictators.

Well so far the Wisconsin Govenor ordered State Polics to the homes of the Democratic politicians and cut off interent access to the protestors website from government buildings.

I'd say in context that the Wisconsin Govenor is playing the role of Qadaffi.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
An unfortunate characteristic of human beings is that they often ignore things that are happening because “it doesn’t affect me”. The fact is that we are all one. When others or repressed socially or economically, everyone is affected. This was best illustrated by Pastor Martin Niemöller in the 1930s. His famous statement, "First they came…" about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group is a telling example of our interconnectedness and the downstream effects of thinking “this won’t affect me”. The text is as follows:

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Scott Walkers actions will affect all of us negatively. People should not be duped. Corporations such as Koch Industries did not build Wisconsin or the nation….people did.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

So in the name of "I'll be darned if someone is gonna work less than me and make it" you don't desire a harmonious society?

The problem with society is everyone is concerned about someone else in a negative manner.

I loved how in the Army we didn't concern ourselves with "how hard someone else" was working. There were times I was working hard and my fellows were shammin, but did I get upset and order them to join me...no! Reason being, we both knew there was going to be a time when they'd be working hard while I was shammin. See how that works?

You're worried about someone else being lazy, so you're basically in someone elses gameroom trying to see how they play. Worry about YOUR business and do what YOU do! It always works itself out.

When we have everyone wanting to take away from one group of people to give to another then yes, I am concerned. As long as the government is taking money away from me, to give to others - to which I do consider many to be LAZY - then I am concerned in a "negative" manner. It is me that worries about my personal affairs, I don't expect the government to look after me.

Also, some of you are smoking some good weed if you think we are going to have a harmonious society.

(and I could care less about another persons gameroom - but when that person thinks I could work so he can spend more time playin, then think again bud)

edit on 24-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by klarkowski67

Good to see this little message again.

People sometimes need a reminder they are not immune to being kicked about by power run amok.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
A small musical interlude , relevant to the thread I think,
Enjoy the past

PRO Union ....Or is it?

Discuss maybe...lol

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-2-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by gambon because: added link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And thats the line that governments intentionally try to obfuscate.

For example, take a look at this sentence: "they are saying that the US has committed war crimes". Actually "they're" saying that the US government committed war crimes. The American people had nothing to do with it with the exception of those stooges who actually follow the orders.

Fact is, the American people have very little say in what "its" government does.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

When we have everyone wanting to take away from one group of people to give to another then yes, I am concerned. As long as the government is taking money away from me, to give to others - to which I do consider many to be LAZY - then I am concerned in a "negative" manner. It is me that worries about my personal affairs, I don't expect the government to look after me.

Also, some of you are smoking some good weed if you think we are going to have a harmonious society.

(and I could care less about another persons gameroom - but when that person thinks I could work so he can spend more time playin, then think again bud)

First off my friend, realise what you are arguing over. MONEY. It does not exist in nature and must be created. Why is it created? Is it merely a means of exchange?

Your second point is that some people are lazy. Here grab on to my sleeve as we take a trip to the past. We are going to travel back to the year 1700 to the Imperial Colony of South Carolina. Let's go observe slave culture.

Our first stop is the fields. Look at all of those slaves picking cotton. Can you feel the hot sun? Can you see how they are baking and sweating. Look over there across the way. There is a slave about to go down from heat stroke. He has obviously had as much as his body can take. Oh, there he goes on the ground. Now watch.

See the the guy with the whip? That is the slave master. He keeps everyone productive. Nothing escapes his gaze. See, he saw the poor slave go down, watch carefully.

See how he rounded up two more slaves, they were just sent to fetch the water pail. Perhaps they are going to give their Brother a drink. Oh no, no drink. Did you see that? They just dumped the bucket on their Brother to revive him. Now watch the slave Master. There is the whip! Oh, see how it cuts the flesh? Rather painful looking isn't it.

Now there goes the good slave, back to picking cotton. He won't dare fall out in the hot Sun again.

How about we get out of this sun and go look inside of the Plantation house shall we?

Oh my look at these slaves in here. They have it much much better. Look at the fine clothes they are dressed in. Do you hear how they talk? They sound just like you and I. They received a moderate education because they must be able to communicate with the Masters Guests when he entertains.

There are a couple over in the kitchen, lets go listen in!

Slave one: Dorothy have you heard that Jethro went down in the field today? The slave master whooped him good!

Slave two: Oh Rebecca, you know Jethro plain don't like to listen to nobody. He has been trouble round here since they bought him down at the auction. Everybody round here knows he's justa puttin on Massa.

Slave one: I don't know Dorothy, they says he was beat real good. Don't seem no one would take a beaten that good just to not listen.

Slave two: Mind your mouth Rebecca! Don't you like what you do? Don't the Master give you good clothes? don't you get to best foods? Don't you get a log for the fire when it is particularly cold? Mind your mouth lest they put YOU in the fields.

Slave one: Your right Dorothy, Jethro must just be puttin on Massa.

Slave two: Good for you Rebecca! Tend your own affairs and let the field slaves tend theirs.

Heard enough my friend?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This has to be one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in regards to planetary cooperation. This just goes to show that no one country is alone anymore in their fight against oppression. I believe this is more than enough evidence to show that it won't be long before our planet and peoples free themselves from the oppression of our current government/banking systems world wide.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

the Wisconsin Govenor is playing the role of Qadaffi.

EXCELLENT observation.

I agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
next thing you know they will be ordering a kfc and you cant even get kfc delivered!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I hope he/she ordered cheese just to be safe.

You never find articles like this on CNN or Yahoo (the ones my peers depend on every single day). It seems the media likes to encourage fear and disturbing the harmony that can naturally arise between peoples. Thank the Universal Order that an event like this can occur and come to light for some of us to see.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm assuming these Egyptians were anonymous. No one else does that lol, really sweet calling card isn't it?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ha i love stuff like this, We arn't all so different no matter what the media would have us believe. If I could speak the lingo I'd return the favour!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

They're protesting the bill taking away unions rights, i live in wisconsin and its all over the news everyday!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join