It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quieting the mind: Some advice needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know that this post won't be very popular but for quick and easy methods of quieting the mind...

Valium

Lorazapam

Once the rough edges are taken off...then you can work on the more spiritual concepts. If you are constantly worrying about technique; you have defeated the purpose of the exercise in the first place.

imo of course...
edit on 21-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I've been down that road before, I'll pass.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the guidance everyone.
This is what I like about ATS, a
fresh angle on just about anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
Hi everyone
I'm starting up a daily routine of 30 min meditation, mostly early evening.
My problem is with focus, be it my breath, or a single image of whatever my mind
can conjure up. I've put some select Binaural beats on the iPod & I'm trying to
focus only on the beats as some have suggested. But my mind seems to be a
little "louder" so to speak.

Any advice?

Just to add my 2 cents:

im with the ditch the electronics crowd here too. Music can often present as a distraction. I've tried the binaural beats and i do like liquid mind. But, when you slip into that peace it has it's own little tune.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
May Peace be upon the one that reads this, and may Peace be upon you don rumsfeld.

This is a jewel given to me by one of the wandering teachers I have encountered. I hope it helps you or anyone else

"Do not fight your thoughts. Do not think about "not thinking." Allow your thoughts to freely float through your mind effortlessly. Images, words, songs.... figuratively, imagine each thought as an individual cart on a train. As you sit at a train crossing the carts simply pass you. You see a cart, and the cart passes. As with your thoughts, do not engage them nor dwell on them, only know the thought is there and allow it to pass."

I had so much trouble learning how to clear my mind. This piece of advice helped me finally cross over the hurdle of having a clear and quiet mind. I still use this technique even today. I hope this helps you, and I wish you success on quieting your mind. Once you are comfortable with clearing your mind, that is when all of the truly spiritual things happen. May Peace be upon you

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

For one, real meditation is not about thinking about nothing. Thinking about nothing is nice and all, and it can be very relaxing, but it isnt meditation.

Meditation is highly active and requires a great deal of focus and concentration.

Now getting the concentration necessary for effective meditation comes with time. I used to have a much greater difficulty calimg my thoughts 4 or 5 years ago than i do today. I think you should foxus on your brethto get into that state, and just become passive, while allowing yourself to engage the exercises you have planned.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh... and clonazapam would help too.

Seriously man. Drugs are a bandaid solution that ends up hurting, rather than helping you.

Dont rely on any artificial means to grow spiritually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join