It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Human_Alien

Seriously???

Did you ever happen to read the thread about Allison Kruse? I know, this isn't YOUR video.....but, if you find the thread (it's got her YouTube username in the title..."SeeingUFOsPA") she is a serial hoaxer....videotaping airplanes at night, and passing them off as "UFO"s.

Now, these guys (that's there one and only video, so far) aren't hoaxers....just....well....misinformed).

First, look at a map. Bloomington. I don't know if they mean the city south and west of Chicago, or if there is a suburb of Chicago called Bloomington?? (Anyone from there? Because, that number of jets lining up on approach, would have to be O'Hare....maybe Midway thrown in to the mix, too. Based on the distance and apparent angle of height). Then, listen to the wind.

Now, what we have to do is find out the wind direction that night.....13th February, 2011. At about 2000 local time (per the narrator).

I'm betting the winds were from a direction not usual for O'Hare....and it was clear to boot. They saw the airliners lined up in a direction that isn't common, so it looked "odd" to them. People who have zero comprehension about airplanes and aviation make these sorts of mistakes often.

edit on 18 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

hahahahahaha
Yous should work for SETI

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

I mentioned Alison because her examples of "UFO"s were the same....for the most part. She failed miserably by getting too greedy, and showing them as they got close to her....when they are well far long-distance out, THEN they look more "otherwordly"....

Why not debunk the vid in the OP instead of bringing up someone else who is not involved?
Your tactics are becoming obvious weed..
I also note you DO NOT answer questions in many threads....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It was actually Bloomingdale not Bloomington. Here's a sighting I recorded from my location about 20 minutes away from where he recorded his.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're the same objects. They were stationary for ~2 1/2 hours. I recorded mine at 6, that guy recorded his at 8. Sorry to say that they're not planes.

edit on 18-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

. She failed miserably

Like you've ever achieved success in debunking??

"Lookie here people. Look at my right hand (PA).....so not to look in my left hand (Chicago)"

I've said this before, if you weren't serious then I would almost pay to see your stand-up act!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Would you care to engage your brain, for a micro-second?

How many people live in the greater Chicago area, do you think?

It was a clear night...not too late in the evening. And, something this "fantastic" and wide-spread.....was videotaped by this guy, his father (with the binocs) and the other guy that Gortex posted the video from....And no one else??

Any news reports? Calls to 911?? Did the emergency serivces switchboards light up? I missed the article on the news...can you find the links?? Millions of people wold have seen this, IF it had actually been a "presentation" of UFOs!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The youtube poster says The OP's video was recorded in Bloomingdale, Illinois , the nearest airport to Bloomingdale is Schaumburg Regional Airport , O'hare is 10 miles away , do the lights look 10 miles away ?
Hard to tell , Ive looked at the Schaumburg site , they do have Helicopters but I see no mention of any events at this time of the year .

If however the video was recorded earlier than reported then they do have this

# Aviation Days Celebration. This is an event that has become annual and is usually held at the end of August. Aviation Days has featured a display of airplanes and helicopters

But that's just speculation

www.ci.schaumburg.il.us...
edit on 18-2-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Heehee thats mine! Watch it in 720p for best resolution and check my thread for a little bit more background info.

That mufon report wasn't from me but it was from someone else the same night who saw it as well

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't know the area HA but the lights all look stationary..
Are we sure they aren't just lights on poles or a bridge?
We need a daylight show of the same area to compare..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I drove to find the lights one time and ended up pulling over at Alexian field which is literally right by that airport, to try and see where I should drive from there. It's safe to say those lights were not from there.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Check my youtube channel I took a daytime shot.

www.youtube.com...

edit: 2 actually...to please a troll...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They appear to be way too close to each other to be jets lining up for approach...

Lining up for approach they have to be much further apart I'm afraid.. Jets lining up is a good theory, but it falls apart when you give it even a little thought..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by backinblack

Check my youtube channel I took a daytime shot.

www.youtube.com...

edit: 2 actually...to please a troll...

Good work..Obviously no structures visible to support lights..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

I saw your video, courtesy of Gortex. (And, in your own thread).

Now....think back, and be clear on this....you observed continuously, for 2 1/2 hours, and they were stationary?

Since you're here, you can answer about the weather, maybe. Wind direction, do you recall? From your home, where you were looking at the lights....is it directly in line with where O'Hare is located?

DO you understand what I meant when I mentioned the landing direction,and winds....and how they are related? For example....I'm familiar with ORD, and arrivals/departures. Maybe you're used to seeing jets in most common "patterns" and directions....95% of the time. BUT, on occasion, when they reverse direction for the arrivals, or use other runways....then you see the landing lights of all the flights being vectored to line up for the approach...and you see them in ways you're not used to.....because the night was 'severe clear' that evening.

During inclement weather, those same arrival directions may be in use, due to winds.....but you don't see the airplanes.

SO....direction of ORD relative to your house, and where you had the camera pointed.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Seriously WW. Stop being so simple in your thinking.
You are just this pathetic 'black and white' kinda person and I feel sorry for you.

You play the odds and reduce things to probabilities (airport = no UFO) so you think everything has a 'human' explanation.

Just look back in history. Learn from how NOT thinking outside the box hindered the progression of critical thinking.
We were an advance civilization (Mayans) and something happened to set us back!

Intelligent life off this planets absolutely exists!
Once you realize and KNOW that then, your mind automatically opens up.

I am NOT saying these are alien crafts but I would never be caught dead saying because it's near an airport then it has to be planes. That's how my great grandfather would've thought!

I rather people think I am a lunatic radical thinker then a dogmatic conventional debunker.

It's okay WW. You can join our club any time you're ready. Not everything needs to be argued though.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No it is not strange that millions did not see it, it's not strange that probably only a few even saw it, even for the length of time they were visible. It's a sad thing actually...no one looks up anymore, especially at night, especially in the city because typically you can't see stars and who wants to watch planes all night?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I don't know the area HA but the lights all look stationary..
Are we sure they aren't just lights on poles or a bridge?
We need a daylight show of the same area to compare..

Good thinking but you know BIB? I would HOPE people filming can differentiate between things like that (bridge and moving object) because these did move though, right?

Yes, a daytime photo would be [perfect. I wonder if the filmer is a local.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That direction (East) from my location matches up directly with O'Hare, HOWEVER.
I have a witness in the City who lives on the lake shore. He observed these lights and said they were on the East side of the lake, putting these lights in Michigan. There goes the O'Hare theory right there. I also thought about where UFOs tend to like to show up. I searched google for Nuclear plants in Michigan, low and behold, D.C. Cook Nuclear facility is located right on the East shore of the lake, ALSO matching up perfectly with my line of sight. Here is a picture for reference.

i51.tinypic.com...

Honestly, what are the odds of that? I was pretty surprised.

edit: btw that's 82 miles from me to the plant.

edit 2: it's just a theory so don't assume I'm stating this as fact

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

because these did move though, right?

I didn't actually see any movement though when the camera panned around some lights apeared to have moved..
That's not the same as "seeing" them move..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

O'hare is 10 miles away , do the lights look 10 miles away ?
Hard to tell...

NO, actually not too hard to tell, with experience.

Yes, from ten miles, on a clear night? They will be very, very obvious, as seen there. Even from 30-40 sometimes 50 miles, (or more).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join