It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find out who replies to all your posts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyway I'm assuming that if I didn’t know about a feature on ATS then others might not know as well.

To see who has replied to all your posts go into YOUR Private Messages the easiest way to do this is to open up the ribbon on the bottom of your screen and click MESSAGES.
Now the tabs read as follows. INBOX –REPLIES- OUTBOX –SAVED
Click REPLIES and there you have it a complete list of who was replied to your posts.

So sorry to all those people who have asked me a question or have replied to some of my posts that I never ever got back to.

I’m sure most of you already knew of this feature. And yeah I feel kind of silly for only just finding it

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know about it but I never remember to use it as it's in such an incongruous place

There are probably tons of members that don't know it's there though, good job

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm new here and i was literally thinking just yesterday "I wish it had that feature from BakaBT"

Thanks a heap.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good find, I never knew it was there. I am still a newb, so feel free to point out any other important functions I might have missed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I did not know, thanks. Just wondering why some are in gray and the rest in white?
Also, how is this different than just reading the replies in your threads? Or is it just a quick and total reference?

peace,
spec
ETA, I answered one of my own questions, yes it IS for quicker and total reference...duh.

edit on 17-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have no idea why some are greyed out, all I know is that I’ll be spending the rest of the day going through each reply one by one to try and catch up on lost replies

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice find Thank you.I never knew this.Flag for you.
edit on 2/17/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lol I wonder if I'm the only who has replied to herself
For heavens sake...why was I born blonde?

"Whateva69 has replied to your post" wow i did

Book of Enoch PDF

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Strictly speaking, it doesn't work like that. It's misleading. What it really does is give you the next post in the thread which may or may not be a reply to your specific post. I just checked it out. Indeed, there is a post AFTER mine on a thread, but it has nothing to do with my post at all. An easier way to follow a thread is to subscribe to it and follow it on MyATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks, Whateva.

You probably already knew this, but you can also bookmark the Replies view. Just go there in Internet Explorer and click Favorites - Add to Favorites , and then you don't have to go through the steps to get to it every time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Really? Too weird, mine hasn’t, its only giving me the ones who have clicked on my post with a reply.

Above every single one it says ... Reply to post by Whateva69

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I had no Idea and I even wondered why they didn't have that feature....lol Thanks S&F for u

make that a flag guess I cant star in this forum..

edit on 17-2-2011 by ArieZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, I never knew about this either, and could they stick it in a more obscure place? Jeez, just put the "reply to thread" button into the ATS comics section while your at it!

No flag for you because you wont flag anything of mine on the grounds of my avatar being too creepy.

But I'll give you a star like in kindergarten.

(Ok I'm back in edit. Scrap that, there are no stars to give, this is a government conspiracy and a new thread should be started on this.)
edit on 19-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Whateva69 was misbehaving and was not allowed a star. (Please call parents to collect)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I did not know, thanks. Just wondering why some are in gray and the rest in white?

I think the answer is that they are grayed out if you have checked them already, either by clicking on them in the Replies feature, or by coming across them accidentally while reading the thread.
edit on 19-2-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Great find...atleast for me as I am also new here. Well um a month and a half.
I was also thinking to how I will be able to keep up with the replys part.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
hmmm.. been on here awhile and I 'thought' that it was for tracking U2U messages

wow.. seriously... hmmm.. wouldn't it be better if it was on the ribbon stating.. something like 'thread replies' ??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Im a meathed and even i knew how to do that

Ps Gday

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I didn't know you could do this either...thanks for posting it!

I'm sure there are lots of features I don't know about...but the one big one that I think is missing is "Go to first unread post" in a thread. The lack of this feature is a serious flaw in these forums in my opinion. It is included in even the most basic forum software and should definitely be integrated into such an otherwise awesome site.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Coach Knight

Oh I understand your frustration. There are plenty of fantastic threads and some have 100’s of replies, I defiantly get lost as to where I’m up to.

I think of ATS as a book shelf full of books but not a bookmarks
I’ve tried making a doggie ear at the corner, but no luck.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join