It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Will PAY You To Take One Of These 100 Abandoned Homes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Never mind
edit on 17-2-2011 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'd be in if I had the money or qualifications... (Not a police person, not a student.)

Although, Detroit is not my dream city... Heh.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
taking one of those houses might not be a bad deal, as long as you were willing and able to hire an operational SEAL detachment to provide security from the raging and rampaging crack addicts running around the neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I picked out my new house......photo 31

Now all I need is a limestone 20 foot fence placed around it and bob's your uncle!

lol yeah 20 foot fence at least, don't forget bullet proof windows and solid steel bank vault doors on every entry way. THEN will I go.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So much opportunity for freedom in the chaos!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I'd be in if I had the money or qualifications... (Not a police person, not a student.)

Although, Detroit is not my dream city... Heh.

Detroit is way too far from the beach for me, and I hate cold weather. Other than that, we could make it our dream city!

And everyone has qualifications, we just have to see how they would fit the project. Tenacity on contacting city planners, artistry in our innovation, diplomacy with crackheads, stickler for details on grant proposals, interior design, or just answering phones.......we would find your qualification!

If someone is willing to work then there is no such thing as a bad worker, just a bad supervisor. The only bad workers are the ones unwilling to try.

An old football coach here at FSU liked to say......"Be coachable." That is all he asked.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im replying here from the "D", and sadly, its true about the neighborhoods around most of these homes. Gas, food, malls, none are near any of these are safe for anyone. And 3-4-5 homes in either direction, and the blocks themselves, are in bad, bad shape.

As we do here now...one would have to get in their cars, leave those neighborhoods, drive 3-10 miles either way to feel relatively safe in gassing up, loading groceries and just driving around. Im not sure if anyone knows this really..but there are no real grocery stores in the "D"...You have to cross 8 mile into the suburbs or East into E. Detroit or Grosse Pointe or Dearborn or Livonia, Southfield to shop.

This is why the houses are cheap. They are cheap because overall, so are the neighborhoods they reside in.
One Detroit Police Officer said "What? Live in Detroit? I want to live. Not board myself in."

Forget going to public schools as well. Or Ambulance response. Or Police. Or Fire. Its sad, but true. If you have or can get a gun permit...(or just buy one at Walmarts)...then this is the place for you....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks for your positive postings on the beautiful city of Detroit, there is no city that is perfect, if you go to San Francisco you had better know the city well as there are very dangerous areas there that you might want to stay away from, same goes for any major city in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The internet is the key to the "business codes" and lack of industry. Why not use that cheap real estate and cheap labor force to start a giant E-bay warehouse? Or a technology help-desk? Maybe even a Google-style company that innovates automotive ideas? All of those laid off and retired Automotive experts in that area could surely create some innovation in the arena of automotive technology. Work 30 hours on real work, get paid 10 hours to develop your own project with company resources, and donate 10 hours to maintaining the plant, the equipment, and the neighborhood. Win-Win-Win.

Surely there are some entrepreneurs that could finance a gig like that? Then we build up the neighborhood and the support services like eateries, beauty shops, and daycares around the plant.

This thing needs a little bit of financing, a little bit of sacrifice, a lot of hardwork, and it could be HUGE!!

Maybe Eminem would put in some seed money? Get a few Detroit celebrities together, name some stuff after them and we're off and running!

Let's all get together and form OCP - Omni Consumer Products and base it there

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would love to be a part of this, I'm just going to ramble on situations for a bit here.

I think that if we just moved in 1 by 1 like people are now, they will get afraid and intimidated by the local gangs, but if we moved in like an invasion force of dozens of people all with tons of cash, that would be a force to fight back, plus you can hire quite a security force to be on constant guard.

Everybody would also have to be armed, heavily. The real threat of retaliation would be present 24/7. Everyone would have to have gun licenses and carry a pistol everywhere they go with shotguns ect at home for extra safety, just think for every 1 gun you have they have like 10, and many people ready to fight against you.

Since we have the cash, we could build large hydroponic farms/fish farms to attract a large amount of workers both locally and within our community. The more jobs we can provide to the locals, the more trust we can build. Remember most of the locals are very poor and unemployed, so any outside force that comes in and is willing to pay them money to support their family, they will eventually like them, hopefully anyways. We could provide the locals with clean water and new supply stores that sell quality necessities like beds, refrigerators, phones, the hydroponically grown food, home improvement supplies, if we sold these items at the very very low cost even at the cost of profit at first, we would gain serious trust with people, making less guns that want to shoot us at night.

We would have to form a serious list of workers that are going to move into the community all at the same time and occupy a large section of the city. That is the problem that nobody else seems to be doing. We would need carpenters and lots of them, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, road workers, tons of police with a mix of civilian security and private companies that are hired, it would have to be in the numbers to make it seem like an invasion force.We also would need to provide a serious improvement to the education facilities available to the city, education is the key to successful communities, and provide serious funding for everybody. We would need to buy tons of equipment, we would need to setup serious communication improvements, like high speed cable internet ect, we would need quality venues and services.

We would need to utilize green technologies, wind, water, geothermal if possible, anything that reduces pollution and wins hearts and minds.Maybe even sell solar panels and water turbines at seriously discounted prices so that even the poorest of people could afford a couple, but put a limit on how many each person can get so they don't be wasteful. Even poor thugs don't want to live in pollution if they had the choice. Even after we establish our section in the city we would need to continue to spread the green technology to the rest of the city. We would need to encourage the reduction of all pollution, make strategically placed transit systems available throughout the city including subways, buses, maybe even monorails in dense areas, Anything that gets more cars off the street at no extra cost to the people. We would need to make parks and recreation areas available everywhere you look.

Now only if it was that easy. It's truly a messed up world where measures like this are not taken around the globe, but its obvious human life is not as valuable as monetary gains, so until monetary gains are not the #1 priority of our leaders and the people, I doubt anyone will ever even try to fix anything, there is just too much unfixable bullcrap in this world.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join