It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ridiculousness of the "muslim threat"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Firstly I would like to point out that I am not affiliated with any organisation or religion whatsoever. I am not promoting Islam above any other belief system, I think they are all flawed and just a crutch and control system.

I have never personally witnessed any negative behaviour from muslims (because they are muslims and we are not), whatsoever, on any level. I live in the UK, and yes they are segregated to a degree (ie where they live), but they do integrate into society (ie where they work). However, they dont cause trouble, they just get on with their lives.

Yet there is so much propaganda saying the opposite. Yes there are those who go around playing the "minority" card, those who cant accept others for who they are, and want to cause trouble but they really are the absolute minority.

The media exaggerate these stories purely to make money and create divisions amongst us. The more papers they sell, the more website hits they get, the more money they make. People buying into this then make the situation real. This is all in the heads of paranoid people.

Wake up, realise that muslims are not the enemy, they are just human beings who have different beliefs to the rest of us. We are all in the same boat, the real enemy has us all divided fighting amongst ourselves, therefore distracted from reality.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
ISLAM = PEACE...
WHAT "THREAT"?!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
ISLAM = PEACE...
WHAT "THREAT"?!

There is none at all, it's all a media setup to maintain the ignorant masses who need an enemy in order to comply with the nwo, everything you see on the news is a lie, and anyone you meet who says anything against islam is an obvious troll and/or part of the conspiracy.

Nothing bad has ever been attributed to muslims or islam.

So back in your box, nothing to see here. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

The irony is that the Qur'an talks about more bloodhsed that you can shake a stick at, its the fundementalists that run with this and use this teaching as a stepping stone towards the violence. They are the ones that cause trouble for the majority of muslims and tarnish them with the same brush.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Can't see the point of all this religious debate.
Jesus was Jewish, so Christianity and Judaism share the same God,
Jesus is a prophet for Islamic faith, so same God as Christianity and Judaism.
All the same God. Just different ways of worshipping.
And if there is a God, the entity would be pretty annoyed we are killing each other over the best way to worship him.
It's madness

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
ISLAM = PEACE...
WHAT "THREAT"?!

I thought Islam translated to "submission to God", not peace.
Line 2

edit on 17-2-2011 by spinalremain because: forgot line 2

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

I have never personally witnessed any negative behaviour from muslims (because they are muslims and we are not), whatsoever, on any level. I live in the UK, and yes they are segregated to a degree (ie where they live), but they do integrate into society (ie where they work). However, they dont cause trouble, they just get on with their lives.

Yet there is so much propaganda saying the opposite. .....The media exaggerate these stories purely to make money and create divisions amongst us. The more papers they sell, the more website hits they get, the more money they make. People buying into this then make the situation real. This is all in the heads of paranoid people.

Wake up, realise that muslims are not the enemy,

Paranoia is defined as a false or imaginary fear. It is entirely natural, for example, for a soldier on patrol in Afghanistan to experience fear; this fear is part of the human instinct which keeps us aware and alert in the presence of possible dangers and militant enemies.

Both Christianity and Islam have a centuries long history of militancy, tyranny, slavery, imperialism and at times genocide; both religions have genocidal end times prophecies predicting the triumph of their religion in an apocalyptic war, and both religions have majorities in militarised nations.

I also live in the UK and have lived in Muslim neighbourhoods in London, and I would rather live in an Islamic neigbourhood than in a neighbourhood full of English foorball hooligans, however I have also travelled widely in the Islamic world and one cannot simply judge the threat of militant Islam, based upon the relatively peaceful behaviour of Musilms in a Western nation where they are the minority. In most Islamic countries, due to repressive police states, there is probably less crime than in the West, and Muslims just peacefully go about their daily lives, however many of the recent protests in the Islamic world are unlikely to lead to Western style secular republics, but rather to Islamic republics where elements of the primitive Sharia Law are likely to be imposed. Further life for women in such states is lttle more than slavery and domestic violence aganst women is usually entirely legal.

In a post nuclear age, the existence of the world's two major forms of religous memetic viruses (Islam and Christianity), both of which have genocidal military prophecies are certainly very real threats to humankind.
The existence of Christians and Muslims who are pacifists does not negate the existance of those who are militant, nor does it negate the existence of entirely militant and genocidal texts and prophecies in both religions.

Lux

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

All three of the Abrahamic faiths have user guides to genocide and massacre.

The overwhelming, massive majority of people in all three religions see these stories the same way that they look at Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Some nutjob MF'ers take the books completely serious, but it's not because of their religion, it's because they're nuts! Seriously, if some dude kidnaps and tortures someone because he watched Saw and felt "inspired" this just means some lunatic did something loony. Doesn't mean that the movie is "evil," much less that everyone who watched it adheres to it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Interesting. I'd say these Deobandi ideologists threaten our very way of life; discriminating against non-muslims and even preaching hatred and violence.

edit on 18/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by franspeakfree

All three of the Abrahamic faiths have user guides to genocide and massacre.

The overwhelming, massive majority of people in all three religions see these stories the same way that they look at Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Some nutjob MF'ers take the books completely serious, but it's not because of their religion, it's because they're nuts! Seriously, if some dude kidnaps and tortures someone because he watched Saw and felt "inspired" this just means some lunatic did something loony. Doesn't mean that the movie is "evil," much less that everyone who watched it adheres to it.

I think that perhaps because you personally consider the Biblical and Islamic texts to be no more relevant than fairy tales, then perhaps you project this view onto the victims and perpetrators of Biblical and Islamic indoctrination

Islam is not just a "relgion;" it is a theocratic (God government) system of Law and it is not at al the case that Muslims do not take this seriously. The current protests throughout the Islamic world are unlikely to produce regime changes which will transform them into modern liberal secular republics; on the contrary in nations where the mass of the population are Muslims, such nations are more likely to become Islamic republics. Certainly one finds second generation Muslms whose parents have emigrated to Europe and the US and whose "Islam" is far removed from the Muslims in the Isalmic world, but in the Islamic world in general, the more secular, modernist, middle class Muslims do not tend to be in the majority.

"Both" the masses of Muslims and Christians are victims (or perpetrators, or both) of the memetic virus of religion and they have often been indoctrinated since birth. Those who are the victims of religious hypnosis and indoctrination generally do not recognise their own symptoms, especially when it is entwined with nationalism and it is "normal" be suffering from nationalistic and religious psychosis.

The effects of the entwinement of relgious and political hypnosis on societies are very subtle. In America three quarters of the adult population defines itself as Christian, and according to polls, 40% of them believe in the coming of a genocidal global theocratic dictator (the Biblical Christ or King of Kings) who will defeat all his enemies and the "unbelievers." Of course if you sat people down and questioned them on the irrationality of this, many would be embarrassed, but such beliefs effect society never the less.

When we consider the post WW2 history of US state terrorism / narco-terrorism, imperialism, war, genocide, military coups, assassinations, black operations and their support and engineering of numerous far right anti-communist dictators in Latin America, fpor example, the history of US Christian state terrorism is dipped in the blood of millions of martyrs and victims; however this does not seem to concern the US Christians in general who are infected by the memetic virus of religion which is entirely entwined with the diseases of Nationalism and Patriotism

Consider:

"Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

and

"Wir sind die Kämpfer der N.S.D.A.P.
Treudeutsch im Herzen, im Kampfe fest und zäh.
Dem Hakenkreuze ergeben sind wir.
Heil unsern Führer, Heil Hitler dir!"

You probably don't need to speak German to understand the last line of the latter song and to grasp the meaning. Both of these songs conjure up images in my mind of fanatical nationalism, genocide and imperialistic state terrorism.

But to those who are hypnotised by nationalism and national religion, it is quite another matter.

A hypnotised and indoctrinated mind control victim can sing "And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave with tears in their eyes in the same way that the Hitler Youth sang out their love for "Mein Gott und Mein Fuhrer."

The effects of mass hypnosis and indoctrination are subtle. The same Christian Americans who do "not" behave like characters out of a "Saw" movie often have no problem justifying US imperialism and genocide.

Lux

"Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant– they’re quite clear– that we would create law based on the God of the Bible and the Ten Commandments, it’s quite simple."Sarah Palin

edit on 19-2-2011 by Lucifer777 because: Formatting

top topics

join