It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Very scary indeed! Fox News reminds me of The Running Man. We cannot trust them but nor can we trust any of the major news channels. If ever we watch one of those channels we should assume everything is propaganda unless we have good reason to believe otherwise

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thank you so much for getting the word out. To me, it seems it isn't just Fox news distorting things like this. I'm not really surprised because much of what I see in mainstream media these days seems blatantly falsified. And I don't think it matters whether you are a Ron Paul supporter or not. You don't have to like him or his views to see this is just wrong.
edit on 16-2-2011 by angel119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have to admit I have ignored most rhidcule of FOX as just more left wing BS as is most things that come from the left,I mean all the left does is rhidcule,no debate most all the time.That being said I will research this and if it is true then I say UNITE,DEMONSTRATE,BOYCOTT,put FOX in the dumper with MSNBC and the MSM as far as rating's.

Im sure there are people scrambleing to verify this or debunk it,if it is true then we as a nation have nowhere to go for truth and THEY already control everything.

We will be issued a person to run for the GOP just like we were issued McCain and the vote really does not matter any longer.

I am not really a Paul person but at this point I fear for his well being.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
It's not a question of being 'bothered' to read.....

If we were on page 50 of a "mega-thread"... I would certainly agree, and your points regarding my statement would absolutely hold water; however, when the comments in question are on page 2 (of a, then, 3 page thread), then... yes, it is simply a question of "being bothered to read". This thread was neither "long", nor "complex" at the time, so your protest and your personal 'digs' are out of place. Lets not get our respective knickers in too much of a bunch over this point, alright?

Back on topic...

I wasn't actually talking about a 'court of law'.

Still, that's what it boils down to. Law overrides policy.

Since you have a regulatory body that oversees the media, there must be, at the very least a minimum standard that broadcasters have to adhere to, or else incur penalties such as fines and in the worst case, a revocation of a stations licence to broadcast.

Yup, Howard Stern became famous through FCC fines. Obscenity laws exist, FCC policies regarding broadcasting obscenity exist, and the fines are often quite enforceable. There is no Law regarding a necessity for truthfulness in "news broadcasting" for FCC policy to parallel. As long as no law is broken, then freedom of speech trumps FCC policy, and the FCC is rendered toothless.

If a commercial came on and said words to the effect of "Buy this product and you will become immortal - yes! Immortality for only $9.99! Buy two and receive a 10% discount!" the regulators would quite rightly ban the advert, probably fine the advertisers and if it was repeated, probably a ban on advertising. For deliberately deceiving the public and generally lying their faces off.

Nah, the advertiser would likely get sued for false advertising by someone; however, the FCC would likely do little to nothing at all. Medical claims are handled by the FDA, and that's a whole different beehive to poke a stick at.

Are you seriously telling me, that a broadcaster pretending to present REAL news stories as fact and deliberately lying about what they are supposed to be reporting on, does not attract the same penalties or procedures as an advertiser who does the same thing?

Yes.

all you have is an impotent department that issues licenses and takes the license money and that's about it.

Pretty close to an apt definition of what passes for a "regulatory body" there; however, their impotency isn't universal, they just happen to be impotent on the matter of enforcing any requirements for truth in "news broadcasting". I'd recommend looking into the Jane Akre/Steve Wilson case for a better understanding of how things stand.
edit on 2/16/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I have no issues with Ron Paul. People may think its crazy but I think a great presidential ticket would be Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. Polar opposite ends of the spectrum, both are very honest and willing to disrupt the status quo. I would vote for that ticket.

But unfortunately, Ron Paul wont win a national election for the same reason Ralph Nadar cant win. They threaten the status quo and seek to change the comfortable way of life that so many congressmen on both sides have become accustomed to.

Ron Paul scares the crap out of Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
I have to admit I have ignored most rhidcule of FOX as just more left wing BS as is most things that come from the left,I mean all the left does is rhidcule,no debate most all the time.That being said I will research this and if it is true then I say UNITE,DEMONSTRATE,BOYCOTT,put FOX in the dumper with MSNBC and the MSM as far as rating's.

Im sure there are people scrambleing to verify this or debunk it,if it is true then we as a nation have nowhere to go for truth and THEY already control everything.

We will be issued a person to run for the GOP just like we were issued McCain and the vote really does not matter any longer.

I am not really a Paul person but at this point I fear for his well being.

You are obviously conservative, the unnecessary dig into other media and the left, was just that. You are a product of the media. You should really see what Ron Paul is about. When you do, I don't think you can argue that he stands for everything you believe in and more. And I doubt he needs you to worry for his well being, not when you don't even care what he's had to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is sort of thing is not at all suprising. You see it here on ATS, in the paper, on Television. Information sources in general can not be trusted 100% of the time.

As for the sheep comments and people being asleep, I will make comment.

Post 9/11 many people have been living in a state of post traumatic stress and do not even realize it to be the case. These victims are more easily impressionable and lack critical thinking skills as they are ruled by fear and guided by negative (dis)informations repetition in the media.

People are good hard working and loving for the most part. We all have our problems in life and they can come from many a different form. The many just want to be left alone but the system of civilization we have here works against this as it promotes group conciousness and universal idealogies which serve only to maintain order in the system.

Take notice that after every tragic event (assasinations, wars etc) there are those that use these events to distract the general populace by way of fear mongering etc. in order to push different agendas or even commit crimes.

There are very few sheep, there are victims of mass mind rape and they will come back down to reality eventually and let me just say... It may not be pretty when they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
didn't a fox news insider just recently say that they "just made stuff up" all the time? Well I guess that's true. That's why they call it faux news.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
This is surprising...as a regular viewer of FOX news I am disgusted and ashamed. I sincerely hope this was a mistake but my gut tells me it's not.

FOX News...welcome to my /ignore list...you're right under CNN, MSNBC and Media Matters.

Who can we trust these days...ugh.
edit on 15-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Well if this is what it took for you to see that Faux News is corrupt, so be it.

Fox has NEVER been fair or balanced. It is a right wing tool that exists to promote a conservative agenda and promote an America love it or leave it mentality. I am not saying that there aren't liberal equivalents, just that Fox has never been unbiased or beneath lying to swaying opinion for pro military/pro business at all costs.....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Knowing that ALL media outlets twist the the truth to suit their needs, this comes as no surprise? However, I didn't get to view either of the CPACS. So with that, are you the OP suggesting that they filtered out the real response to Ron Pauls candidacy with a negative response from the crowd from another convention? In other words, " tape dubbed " a " booing crowd " to Ron Pauls win?

I'm not questioning your position, and it would come as no surprise if they did " tape dubbed " a response to boost their ratings. I'm just trying to understand or at the very least get on the same page. The video you posted, I guess I don't understand what your claiming.

If anyone can shed some light that would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Jon Stewart's take on C-PAC
www.thedailyshow.com...

Jon doesnt mention the winner.

Donald Trump's comment about Ron Paul is interesting.
edit on 16-2-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

This deception needs to be brought to national media to show this garbage to the masses just to prove the lies. Fox news is an evil entity and not for the good of humanity. They spread nothing but negativity,hate and fear to people. Lastly, that anchor just made himself look like a comlpete idiot.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
Yup can you believe this crap?!?! Just finished watching it and my wife and I both were like "For those that refuse to believe of the MAD propaganda/brainwashing/deceitful/evil role that mainstream media plays in the U.S. and who really thinks that we CRAZY CONSPIRACY THEORISTS are....well crazy and paranoid, WELL HERE YOU GO SHEEP!!"

Just amazing as to how this can get away...even WITH today's technology that connects people to the information like never before, just amazing how this can even happen in today's age and be taken as "news" without a challenge. Ugh....a shame, a damn shame

Another vid:

You bring up an excellent point,with the communications that we have we will be seeing more and more of these deceptions play out.It really amazes me that I,and many others, have been living under a blanket of deception for so man years and have a feeling that this is going to lead to a revolt of some sort................The people(sheep) have had enough. hopefully Ron Paul reads ATS!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XEyeHandX

I copied the link and put it on my facebook.

Very easy and will spread from there.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco

Sorry this surprises you....
In my opinion only idiots watch Fox...

Though I'm not a " FOX " supporter, are you suggesting that only educated people like yourself watch the oh so unbiased and fair reporting of CNN, or MSNBC perhaps?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Given the energetic power of his grass roots base, the establishment is scared to death of Ron Paul building any kind of momentum as the 2012 campaign race nears, which is why they have to resort to pulling stunts like this to hoax the American people into thinking that the message of liberty and freedom is unpopular, when in reality it is spreading like wildfire and would completely overrun the status quo if Ron Paul was allowed to communicate on a level playing field.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter, have been long before is last run, and he is in fact the real " Change we can believe in".

For those of you who may not have heard, I've read his books, " End the FED", and currently I'm reading " The revolution a manifesto", written by Ron Paul. They are both astounding, and really educational! I recommend these two pieces for anyone in doubt or curious about the founding of our liberties.

Another book, Founding of America , Documents from the Revolution to the Bill of Rights, notes from the founding fathers by Jack Rakove is VERY informative, about the letters written by the founding fathers ( btw, where the actual letters written by the founders in the entirety ), to the implementation of the Constitution, to the Bill of Rights. Gives you a good understanding and the framework of why the " Bills " were passed and their reasoning behind them~

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I used to be a Fox News junkie until I started to spot their little quirks and "hidden" agenda. I think what put me over the top was when O'Reilly suddenly became an apologist and sympathizer of Obama.

I noticed that every time Bill said something negative about Obama, he would always preface it with, "...like the administration before him" or he would follow it up with, "in all fairness..." or phrases like that. That's when I knew the sit-down behind closed doors with Obama and Fox News had a chilling effect. Bill went from being a hard hitter to being another soft-ball, Larry King style host. I slowly watched the passion and conviction fade from Bill's show.

I do like how some of the reporters and anchors will still hold peoples feet to the fire. Megan Kelly is pretty sharp and she'll back up her stance with facts and she doesn't back down. Shep went from being a favorite to being another bought and paid for talking head. Sean Hannity is so self-absorbed it makes me sick. I have never seen him admit fault on any topic. He will stand behind virtually any "conservative" talking point and won't back down no matter how far flung the topic is. Now I don't trust any of them. All it takes is one incident to destroy your credibility...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ron Paul's speech at CPAC was amazing.
there was a thread here about it, cant find it now

edit on 16-2-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Because Fox News is as much of a state manipulated news agency as CNN or MSNBC, they just lean a different political stroke to comfort peoples world views.

That's what happens when government facilitates and nurtures the growth of corporations; it starts from within, and then overgrows the host.

I don't think that you can fairly categorize what FNC does as "leaning." A much more accurate depiction would be that they are deliberately distorting the truth for the purpose of misleading the public. An easier way of putting it is that; They are flat out lying! I expect nothing less from Fox and they are nothing like MSNBC or CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join