It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Corporate Shadow Government Made Easy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I won’t typically use a video to base on opening piece on, but this very short one did such a great job at visually and verbally explaining the way the world works far too often, I felt it would be remiss of me not to share it here on ATS.

It nicely illustrates things I and others sometimes struggle to put into words, and in a short funny yet sad presentation details the process the corporations use to rape nations of their resources, dominate markets through monopolies, agitate for wars to keep their investments in this endeavor humming along, consign much of the world to economic poverty and indentured servitude and free range slavery and taxation to bolster their profits and control and pay for it all, only to in the end poison and endanger us all in the process while breeding an element we are taught to fear as terrorists.

Short sweet and to the point, it’s a great little presentation on how the corporations and the shadow government run the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Short..Simple..yet so very true..Great post op!! S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

It struck me as very true, and a very short and easy way to conveigh what is often a complex thing to try to convey to people.

Thanks for posting and joining in.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The video says in all in a nutshell, it is my understanding that it was said over 30 years ago, nothing ever changes does it my friend.

Great find.

S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I find it rather sad how long this has been going on and in a way I feel a bit resentful for it.

Although I believe we are going to see pretty radical change in the coming years. More immediately political change, although I fear the fact that there is almost no chance of electing a real leader of the people who isn't a puppet.

I don't really see a way of stopping this, the corporations have had too much power for too long.

The most we can hope for is enough solar activity or a sudden pole shift which would knock out all technology. Maybe this way we can live more freely.

Live without the major influence of corporations and the slavery of consumerism.

Edit to add: Thanks for posting this video , very short and sweet

Starred and flagged

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by TechVampyre

It struck me as very true, and a very short and easy way to conveigh what is often a complex thing to try to convey to people.

Thanks for posting and joining in.

Completely agree with you.. As I find it extremely difficult to talk to people who just don't understand..Makes you feel like a paranoid, or a nut ..This video is the most effective way to sum it up in a quick, easy way that anyone should be able to follow..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a viral form of capitalism...

awesome phrase. im stealing it!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
The video says in all in a nutshell, it is my understanding that it was said over 30 years ago, nothing ever changes does it my friend.

Great find.

S&F

No it doesn't and for those who are wondering what was said, Aquarius1 herself sent me this video a short time ago while talking about Major General Smedgley Darlington Butler the former Marine Core General who saw a tremendous amount of action at the turn of the 20th century in Asia and Africa in military endeavors that supported the American Corporations and Powers that Be that led him to make the famous speech "War is a racket".

Many here on ATS will recognize the name as the man who was recruited by the Powers that Be to lead an aborted coup against the Roosevelt White House in the early 1930's with a force assembled from the Veterans of Foreign Wars and armed by the Elite through the Remmington Arms Factory.

Butler reneged and contacted Roosevelt and testified before congress on the matter only to be vilified by the Press that the same elite trying to displace Roosevelt owned.

He spent the rest of his life traveling from town to town speaking wherever he could to restore his reputation.

A man of exceptional courage, valor and wisdom, Butler was one of the first to warn Americans that "War is a Racket".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for posting this Proto, you know much more about it then I do so thought it appropiate that you put it up rather then me.

No one listened back then and no one will listen today it seems.

Gen. Smedley Butler said
the same thing in the 30s

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It is written somewhere that a cry goes out Babylon has fallen,Babylon has fallen ....and the merchants of the world mourned ....

Yes war is a racket and it seems that commerce must fall to end the rule of the Beast .....peace

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Butler tried and had World War II not cropped up (planned by the elite too) as a distraction to the poverty and failed attempts to correct it through a rapidly expanding big government, people might very well have gotten it.

The Post World War II landscape led to a lot of prosperity and new enemies too (the phony cold war) and the distractions that come from that.

Unfortunately it was the excuse to keep on taxing and spending and building up the Military Industrial Complex enriching a smaller and smaller group of predatory corporations that just kept merging and gowing in their size and scopes and product offerings, into the International Control Grid of resources, banking and weapons that we have today.

I think the real danger here once again is that more and more people are being frustrated by it that they are once again likely to distract us from that with another big war.

Will we fight it willingly, will we be made to fight it, will we even win it, will anyone win it but the big corporations and the elite?

That's the million dollar question adjusted for inflation at 1,600,542,481,736.18!

Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
It is written somewhere that a cry goes out Babylon has fallen,Babylon has fallen ....and the merchants of the world mourned ....

Yes war is a racket and it seems that commerce must fall to end the rule of the Beast .....peace

In this present form it certainly seems like it has too, and the system we have built truly is a beastly one.

I hope one day before it's too late people realize the dangers of having a vast world wide military aparatus that operates under complete secrecy in much of what it does and throws a veil of 'national security' over that to sheild itself from oversight and any control by the people.

Thanks for joining in my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

The most we can hope for is enough solar activity or a sudden pole shift which would knock out all technology. Maybe this way we can live more freely.

I am not a fear mongerer but one of my concerns is that the Shadow Government will move to use their space based weapons and possible holographic projection systems before solar activity and or pole shift take them out in a planned move to do just that.

Time will tell but I think it's something we all have to perhaps shall we say 'keep an eye on'

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The video, tragically, perpetuates the gross misunderstanding of what capitalism actually is. It is not enough to expect to be let off the hook by qualifying this corporatism as a "different kind of capitalism" because corporatism is, quite simply, not capitalism.

There are three basic tenets to capitalism.

1.) A free and unregulated market place

2.) Massive competition

3.) A stable currency backed by wealth where all can agree upon its value.

Not a single tenet is in play in today's "free and open market". It is yet another tragedy that so many foolishly refer to the economic system in play today as a "free and open market". When some bureaucrat comes knocking on the business door of a sole proprietor who is a shoe maker and demands to see the license that "allows" this sole proprietor to make shoes, it is patently absurd to call this a "free and open market".

Of course, a sole proprietor is not a corporation. A sole proprietorship is neither legal, nor is it illegal, it is quite simply a business owned by one person, where full responsibility for that business is accepted by the business owner. A corporation, on the other hand, is a legal artifice created specifically to avoid any responsibility for the business itself.

When these legal artifices are created and their primary purpose of existing as a corporation is to avoid liability, or at the very least, only accept limited liability for the actions of the business itself, it makes sense then that there would become a need for regulation of that business.

This is a cycle not at all mentioned or acknowledged by this very brief episode featured by the O.P., and that is the cycle of application for a corporate charter in order to obtain limited liability, and once this charter is granted then the process of lobbying legislatures for personhood begins so that corporations may enjoy an equality under the law, even though their very nature creates an inequality, necessarily separating themselves from the sole proprietor who accepts full responsibility. Once this "personhood" is granted, and after the regulatory agencies are created to regulate the artificial person with limited liability, it is only a matter of time when that artificial person demands that the real person become regulated as well...after all, it is only fair and due process of law, that an artificial person be given the same equality under the law that a real person technically enjoys.

Thus, the corporation that screams for regulation demands that all business is regulated, and stupidly, we the people not only acquiesce to this nonsense, we nod our heads with an affectation of wisdom and call this capitalism and free and open markets. It is, as it always has been and always will be, our fault. As long as we are willing to play fast and loose with words, and accept that words evolve in meaning depending upon our apathy towards them, then we most assuredly get the government, and the economy we deserve.

The fact of the matter is that because a corporation exists by grant of charter, this means that what has been granted can be revoked. Indeed, states attorney generals revoke corporate charters regularly, they just don't revoke the corporate charters that do the most damage and instead revoke those corporate charters of small to mid-size businesses, that arguably never had any business incorporating to begin with...which leads yet to another aspect of the problem...

The priest class lawyer set who've bamboozled the public into believing incorporating is a sound business decision. These mystics we call lawyers are, in fact, as officers of the court, not at all representing you, but are representing big government and when they advise you to incorporate what they are in effect telling you is that it is better to ask the state permission to to business than it is to simply do business by right.

We most assuredly get what we deserve.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You are just way too smart ...but at least a serf like me can follow ya .. so we must sharpen the guillotines up for the lawyers is what you are saying..peace

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think a better term for this brand of corporatism would be "parasitic capitalism" ......or better yet "economic vampirism".

Great video. So simple and truthful, yet many will never grasp it's truthful message. And even more will be unwilling to (you know who you are... profiteers)

Star and flag for proving a point
edit on 2/15/11 by BlackOps719 because: speelin

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

One of the very really challenges that confronts us (those of us trying to take down Rome) is that the Governments themselves are in fact corporate entities, but following the paper trail to their principle investors and owners is a very difficult task.

While many people are reluctant to consider or concede that their incorporated governments are not really independent entities, the fact that the corporations incorporated into the governments operate internationally and often in places where you wouldn't imagine they would because of differing government systems and ideaologies points to the power being invested in them.

Ultimately changing this world is going to require unearthing the entire corporate structure and what each appendage is incorporated into, until we finally identify the host body.

Great post my friend, thanks for joining in.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Of course, a sole proprietor is not a corporation. A sole proprietorship is neither legal, nor is it illegal, it is quite simply a business owned by one person, where full responsibility for that business is accepted by the business owner. A corporation, on the other hand, is a legal artifice created specifically to avoid any responsibility for the business itself.

Therein is the rub, if you are going to run a business today the way to go is incorporating, at least you have some protection, aside from that of the biggest reasons small business has a hard time succeeding is they not only take full responsibility but fail to get good advice or surround themselves with people who know more then they do, no man is an island.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I think a better term for this brand of corporatism would be "parasitic capitalism" ......or better yet "economic vampirism".

Great video. So simple and truthful, yet many will never grasp it's truthful message. And even more will be unwilling to (you know who you are... profiteers)

Star and flag for proving a point
edit on 2/15/11 by BlackOps719 because: speelin

You are right about the profiteers many of who run around ATS telling us all how paranoid and dellusional we are living in our fantasy worlds.

But the truth is this Corporate Shadow Government has been behind just about every major war, coup, revolution etc in the last 100 years.

You can tell the ones they weren't because those are the few nations heavily embargoed where you can't buy a coke or McDonalds hamburger.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

One of the very really challenges that confronts us (those of us trying to take down Rome) is that the Governments themselves are in fact corporate entities, but following the paper trail to their principle investors and owners is a very difficult task.

I think the difficulty stems from us being all to willing to go down a rabbit hole that will only get "curiouser and curiouser". An artifice is an artifice is an artifice and it matters not what smoke and mirrors and flash powder tricks the mystics use to amaze and astound us, as long as we are clear on what is real and what is not, then who the hell care who the principle investors are? Screw the principle investors. It seems to me they are long dead anyway and if their progeny honestly thinks they can continue to profit of this bad trickery in perpetuity, then they are not being honest with themselves at all.

All closed systems tend towards entropy. This is a fact. That the closed system of corporatism has reached its inevitable entropic nature is clear to all who care to observe the entropy. We can put all our energy in studying this closed system and trying to figure out how it all came to be such a closed system, or we can just simply create a new open system. Of course, it is rare that something is as easily done as it is said and people who've entrenched themselves did not do so because they have no intention of resisting change. There will be resistance, but when it comes to the creation of an open system, and freedom, which is, in effect, an open system, and to ironically quote the Borg, "resistance is futile".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join