It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowball Thrown At Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson's Window As Crowd Chants For Her To Step Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.wgal.com...
www.wgal.com...

Egypt like protests or copy-cats that'll die down? Not sure if shes at fault or if that town was already broken beyond fixin when she got in. The amount of noise the crowd got going surprises me, makes me think it may get bigger.
edit on 14-2-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

pretty weird how she just smiles the whole time

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I like the hip-hop move the one is doin.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just like every other politican.

She thinks the Will of the people is a Joke.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
She needs to go.

True, problems existed prior to her election of Mayor, however, prior to the election, she was the President of the City Counsel. She signed off on everything the former mayor wanted/did.

Her problem is that she is a racist and bigot. With a touch of crazy religion tossed in.

Only a small % of Harrisburg citizens actually voted. Look what happens. You get these people who don't know squat in there and they bring along their prejudicies.

No. the only way they will get her lazy butt out of there will be in a casket or in police handcuffs. I think she will be exposed for her past.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1380e05bae08.jpg[/atsimg]

She is the one with the thumbs down....
edit on 2/14/2011 by anon72 because: Photo add

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Look what those people in the Middle East have started!

Watch out Obama! They may start throwing snowballs at you next.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
She better take this serious. I'm sure there is more than one person who thinks like Jared Loughner in the world. She might not be as fortunate as Mrs. Giffords.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

Palestinian shake up in Government, and now inside the U.S.?

Many of us have been saying for quite some time, that it will only take a spark, and riots will be touched off all across the nation. Maybe we are starting to see the beginning of that?

I hope people don't get hurt, but I'm afraid the nation is in such a state that some of this is inevitable. Things must change, one way or another. I believe the next 30 days, as we see how the newly elected Tea Party Republicans react to the Debt Ceiling. We have DHS declaring that we are at our highest risk for terrorism since 9/11, and number one on their list of threats is Domestic Terrorism! One man's terrorist is another man's revolutionary. Maybe DHS is right?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a revolution of the sort that is happening across the world won't help here in the U.S...We could take the president and whoever else outta power but its the privatized military and big buisness thats ruining the world and our Economy in all reality. They have gotten to big to powerful and to entrenched for a revolution of any sort other Than Mass Civil War to have any effect...These privatized military company's Invent here in the U.S. and then sell the weapons to our military that aren't available to the public so I don't think we'd have a chance in a civil war against Big Buisness

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for the picture Anon72. It speaks volumes. The first reaction I got was....... how creepy.

My second reaction was anger. In case you didn't know, Linda Thompson's first action as mayor was to redecorate her office at a tax-payer cost of over $40,000. Her excuse was that the office was 'toxic' from the prior mayor's smoking. The voters know that soap and water, primer and paint, don't cost $40 K

Quite a few of the elected officials have already stepped down, even the past press secretary has come forward saying that the mayor won't even consider a dissenting opinion.

Harrisburg has a plate-full of problems, and a tyrant at the helm will only make things worse.
edit on 14-2-2011 by masterofnone because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whether or not she should step down, I don't know.
But from an article:

A couple hundred people seeking the resignation of the mayor of Pennsylvania's financially troubled capital chanted and waved signs outside her downtown office Monday,
only for her to blow kisses from a second-floor window and mouth, "I'm staying."

Blow kisses and taunt them with "I'm staying"?

Wow! That's audacity.
Article

edit on 14-2-2011 by Oaktree because: Forgot link to article.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
that is the way for an elected official to act... take her out to the court house lawn and give her a spanking if you act like a child you should be treated as a child. that is just pathetic!

new topics

top topics

join