It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The New Jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

In the renewed universe, though, the old heaven and the old earth have "passed away" (APELTHON), while the sea "is not, any longer" (OUK ESTIN ETI).

The reason it says that the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, is because we have moved to a different place, actually a different continent. There was no longer any sea. But there is no sea at Jerusalem, it is not a port. This means that we are traveling from Jerusalem in a North-Western direction, we meet the sea(Mediterranean) we cross over to the Aegean and we land at a place that is not a port(there is no more sea.)

If we write 'I am Ellada(Greece)' in Greek we have the same isopsephy value as that of the phrase 'New Jerusalem':

EGO EIMAI H ELLADA = (5+3+800)+(5+10+40+1+10)+(8)+(5+30+30+1+4+1) = 953

KAINH IEROYSALHM = (20+1+10+50+8)+(10+5+100+70+400+200+1+30+8+40) = 953

edit on 23-8-2020 by Spiros1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2020 by Spiros1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiros1
"The sea" is a symbolic thing.
In the first chapter of Genesis, the sea is one of the remnants of the great abysss of waters. That makes it a symbol for "the source of evil". That;'s why evil things keep coming out of the sea all the way through the Bible, from leviathan to the beasts of Daniel and Revelation ch13.

So "there is no more sea" means "there is no longer anything acting as a source of evil", which is more important for the nature of the New Jerusalem than any detail of geography.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes it is symbolic but that is not the only level of information encompassed in the text. The sea can be associated with a city next to water, a port. Thus it is interesting that the modern name of a Greek city in the neighborhood of the New Jerusalem has an isopsephy value of 666. Cities direct opposites.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The previous link does not work because I deleted the video and substituded it with a new one. The new link:

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiros1

edit on 3-9-2020 by Spiros1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Your words are wise, and as fruitful to the soul as a Tree of Cornucopia if such thing existed Once!

Thank you for sharing your Truth with us.

God's Chosen are spread throughout the World today,

And they have been hard at Work to help us All see the Light.

If God could speak through Me, surely he'd say "I Am Proud of You All."

One can Dream, right?

I love you all.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This series was running ten years ago, and is becoming topical again

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

In the OP I see you mentioned Isaiah ch60 v22 relating to the new heavens and new earth prophecy of Revelation ch21 v1. Wouldn’t Isaiah ch65 v17 be a better match?

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.”

The following verses 18 through 24 clearly mention a future world with long life and prosperity promised for God’s people. As an example verse 22 says, “For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of my people”. The average age of mature Sierra Redwood trees in California is from about 800 to 1,500 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace
Thank you, I think your careful eye has spotted a mistake. I evidently meant ch66 v22.
You'll be glad to know that I noticed and corrected it for the book version, which I've just checked.
["Silence in heaven", published under the name of Stephen Disraeli)
Of course there is no reason why we should not make use of both references.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Glad to hear your book didn't have the error. Thanks for mentioning ch66 v22 as being the other source of the new heavens and new earth in Isaiah. I forgot it was recorded there as well.

I'll have to check out your book. I have a few friends that are interested in some of your biblical research as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace
Google will tell you (or will have told you) that there's also a book on the Song of Solomon. It was important to show the world that I'm not a one-trick pony.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Blue Shift
NOTHING happens after New Jerusalem arrives, because New Jerusalem is the end of all things, by definition. It is the symbolic image of the new world in which we live after Chrsit returns. It's all there, in the relevant chapters at the END of Revelation.
Did you read the opening post?

Brilliant thread, thanks for creating it.

What do you mean, nothing happens? Does time stand still? I'd imagine the purpose to have all things created new and "redeemed" is to have events take place in such a new existence. I might be misunderstandint something obvious though.

Also, my understanding is that after Christ wins after the battle of Armegeddon, indeed the kingdom of heaven comes to earth and He reigns as King for a 1000 Years, then satan is unleased one final time to temp the nations, then finally destroyed. Now with no more evil, God will then make all things new as you said, a New Jerusalaem, world, universe, etc. Is this also your opinion too?

Also, good eye catching the sea part not being remade. I recall the sea can also be interpreted as choas, indeed, a source of evil.

Also, my understanding and hope is also the New Jerusalem or even the Kingdom of Heaven prior to the remaking of all things new, is that the story of man continues along the story of Eden, fulfilling the original role of Gods plan of Man being His imagers. The world he made was good, but saying good also implies it was not perfect, according to a bible scholar Michael Heiser, probably by design to give man a role of the stewards of the garden of eden, which is also not the entire earth, but a small portion, with supposively the aim to make the earth itself the garden, aka, grow it and work it with all our faculties of imagination creativity, or what not. This is a theory, one I personally like, as an avid lover of nature. But I'm sure, no eye has soon or mind concieved of the wonders God has in store for those who love Him.

I for one wouldn't mind spending eternity in God's beautiful Earth, even more so his new creation, best of all would be His presence, and as David and other wrote, meditating and worshiping forever in God's holy temple, without fear. However, I too wouldn't limit what, where, how or anything else. Whose to say we won't reign forever on earth, but be allowed to travel across galaxy, visit Heaven from time to time, be in different places at once, as Jesus shown himself after he was brought back to life.

If you want a glimpse of what our glorified bodies would be capable of study up on what was possible after Jesus was ressurected. There is a few youtube videos covering the topic and its fascinating.
edit on 3-8-2022 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TTU77
Checking the context, that poster was trying to equate ch22 with the "building of the temple" expected (by some) in the end-times, with more events following in this existence. So my point was that this existence comes to an end here. What the next existence will be like is beyond our knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Incidentally, if you like these threads so much, you might be interested in "Silence in Heaven", published under my pen-name Stephen Disraeli.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Incidentally, if you like these threads so much, you might be interested in "Silence in Heaven", published under my pen-name Stephen Disraeli.

Yes indeed! I don't use Kindle. Can you send me a pdf file after I paypal you? Shoot me a pm please with your email if this is possible

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I've sent a message.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks, got it, haha, but I don't even know how to reply to the pm, lol. First time I've used it.

I'll bookmark and pin the amazon and see if there is a way I can convert the kindle book to pdf format. I now there is, just need to remember how. I think I need to use an app called calibre.

I was going to recommend you write a book since you a quite a good writer with a lot of insight, staying within biblical parameter so to speak. I'm glad to know you did.

I think in the past few hours ,I read enough of your threads it'd maybe be a small book already, and haven't scratched the surface. Thanks for sharing your work friend.

Cheers.

P.s. Ill let you know when I buy it and how the reading goes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join