It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is a thread for you to attack atheism and atheists.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

much like ancient dogma.

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

One died therefore all died.

Jesus said unto them, verily, verily, before Abraham was, I am.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Your god instructed Abraham to gut his child.

Continue to worship if this entity if you like.

Continue to spread the bible's totalitarian message based on 0 evidence.

Continue to imply God to children, instead of letting them make up their own mind.

Continue to imply the Atheist or non-believer as "evil" or morally inferior.

And contine to be my enemy. I will not respond with violence and i will not reply in kind.

edit on 11/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Rustami

Your god instructed Abraham to gut his child.

Only as a type and foreshadow of God sacrificing His own Son on that same mountain years in the future. God had already promised Abraham a great offspring through Issac so Abraham knew beforehand that God wouldn't make him go through with it or would raise Issac from the dead. Abraham was well aware of the promise from God.

Continue to worship if this entity if you like.

I love to actually.

Continue to spread the bible's totalitarian message based on 0 evidence.

Odd, it was the evidence that made me trust the Bible. It all depends on how high your dial of skepticism is dialed. Jesus walked on water, healed the sick, made the paralyzed to walk and raised the dead and the Pharisees didn't believe even though they were witnesses.

Continue to imply God to children, instead of letting them make up their own mind.

Would you agree to the same about dinosaurs and Evolution? Didn't think so.

Continue to imply the Atheist or non-believer as "evil" or morally inferior.

The Bible teaches God wrote His moral laws on ALL MEN'S hearts. Moot point. Secondly, it also teaches we are ALL EVIL, moot point again.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sigh, you got a star for this;-

Would you agree to the same about dinosaurs and Evolution? Didn't think so.

They can make up their own mind, evidence is in favour of Evolution and Dinosaurs. There's 0 evidence for an omnipotent dictator.

Again, i hope you feel proud. Stars for ignorance.

The Bible teaches God wrote His moral laws on ALL MEN'S hearts. Moot point. Secondly, it also teaches we are ALL EVIL, moot point again.

And your bible teaches this. To believe in God, you have to believe anyone going against what is written in dogma is an evil person.

Original sin is a myth, i don't believe Jesus died for me, and don't feel bound to any human sacrifice that took place years ago. For the clear lack of evidence, i feel it is EVIL to teach this to children.

I don't teach children about unicorns or leprachauns, the same applies for God and objective morality.
edit on 11/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Sigh, you got a star for this;-

Stars are meaningless, but since you feel they carry merit I actually have two now.

They can make up their own mind,..

I agree, that's why children should be taught there are TWO views of scientists, not one. Let the children hear both arguments and make their own decision.

evidence is in favour of Evolution and Dinosaurs.

After 120 years of diligent searching there is zero evidence for Abiogenesis actually. In fact, every fossil touted as the "missing link" has either shown to be poor Anthropology or an outright fabrication. What evidence??? lol

There are thousands of accounds, artwork, sculptures etc of Dinosaurs prior to the 1800s when the first dinosaur fossil was discovered by "science". Explain how all these people in history past knew of dinosaurs, drew them, sculpted them etc before the first fossil was discovered.

Mass Psychic Phenomena?

There's 0 evidence for an omnipotent dictator.

I agree, I didn't claim there was any evidence for an omnipotent dictator.

Again, i hope you feel proud. Stars for ignorance.

I could care less about stars, they're meaningless. But since you hold them in high esteem are you mad you have none for this post?

And your bible teaches this. To believe in God, you have to believe anyone going against what is written in dogma is an evil person.

No, you don't. Living proof. I want you to show me where the Bible says anyone going against dogma is evil. You're either willfully ignorant or lying. The Bible says ALL men are evil by nature.

M O O T P O I N T

Original sin is a myth,

Prejudicial conjecture/arbitrariness.

i don't believe Jesus died for me,

That's fine, you're not required to by law.

and don't feel bound to any human sacrifice that took place years ago.

Because as of right now you aren't bound by it.

For the clear lack of evidence,

Why are you talking about Evolution again?

i feel it is EVIL to teach this to children.

I was just thinking the same thing about Abiogenesis.

I don't teach children about unicorns or leprachauns,

Santa Claus? Easter Bunny? Who cares if you don't teach children about unicorns or leprEchauns? Neither do I.

the same applies for God and objective morality.

Only in your bubble. Teach your kids whatever you wish, not my problem, you'll answer for that one day, not me.

edit on 12-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Teach your kids whatever you wish, not my problem, you'll answer for that one day, not me.

Didn't state it was your problem. Besides, i don't see it as a problem teaching my kids to be sceptical within reason. I'm sure if the "big guy" does exist, he'll exuse me for having a small ammount of doubt - Afterall - he is forgiving.

Atheist's Wager

But will he really be forgiving if we are to accept Christianity as truth?

Forgiving? he alledgedly killed many of your fellow species for a small ammount of "sin". See the flood story (LOL) Believe in your fairy tales if you like, just keep the deluded nonsense to yourself.

Now teaching your kids about absolute moral values handed down from a skybeing - Be that on your deceptive conscious when you lie to children and other people only because your insane fear of a fictional afterlife, and the moral values that polarize your morality, and make you a serf.

It's really amazing that we're at 2011 now, and we still havn't left these child-like fantasies behind.

I think i'm done here. I look forward your response where you are sure to try to defend your tyrranuos God.

That's fine, you're not required to by law.

Few thank God for that! There's me thinking that my lack of belief in Jesus could have me jailed!

It's great living in a secular society isn't it? No God nonsense cluttering man's ideas.

Keep up those smug answers, and the logical fallacies that you use so often.

Peace
edit on 12/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

evidence is in favour of Evolution and Dinosaurs.

After 120 years of diligent searching there is zero evidence for Abiogenesis actually. In fact, every fossil touted as the "missing link" has either shown to be poor Anthropology or an outright fabrication. What evidence??? lol

Abiogenesis and evolution are two different concepts entirely. Not sure why creationists continue to conflate them, but it's incredibly ignorant to do so. For every "missing link", which is at best a misleading term to begin with, that you say is fabricated or poor anthropology, I can show ten which aren't. There's a century and a half of mounting evidence in support of evolution, none against.

There are thousands of accounds, artwork, sculptures etc of Dinosaurs prior to the 1800s when the first dinosaur fossil was discovered by "science". Explain how all these people in history past knew of dinosaurs, drew them, sculpted them etc before the first fossil was discovered.

Is this the "dragons = dinosaurs" thing again?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm an atheist, I was raised Roman Catholic, went through all the 'ceremonies' necessary to be considered a catholic(Communion, Confirmation). I never really believed, it was something I had to do due to tradition, and to keep my mother happy. When we discuss religion at work I get treated like a dirty rag, because I no longer believe in a god or gods for that matter. The only thing I do is quote multiple verses from the BIbLE, which show the inconsistencies in the word of god, and the bible itself.

They tell me I'm a sinner, I say hate the sin not the sinner. There are militant atheists/theists. I get told I'll be going to hell, I tell them I'll save them all a seat next to me. I've helped out in shelters, food banks, loaned people money so they can get back on their feet. If I go to hell for my lack of belief, so be it. I couldn't care less what people believe in. Just don't tell me I need Jesus or some other messianic figure to save my soul, and redeem myself.

Pardon my French but, # that.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Only as a type and foreshadow of God sacrificing His own Son on that same mountain years in the future. God had already promised Abraham a great offspring through Issac so Abraham knew beforehand that God wouldn't make him go through with it or would raise Issac from the dead. Abraham was well aware of the promise from God.

This makes perfect sense to you? It seems that Abraham felt that this request wasn't something outside the realm of what his god would ask as he attempts to carry it out. Was foreshadowing necessary for this god? Was it necessary for him to put this child through that traumatic experience, thinking his own father was going to gorge him with a knife as a sacrifice to his god? What kind of god would request this act of human sacrifice? What kind of god would request any type of sacrifice of innocent creatures at all? Why make that ridiculous rule? Do you see in the scriptures that after these sacrifices are made how this god enjoys the smell of his creations as they burn? I wonder if he will enjoy the smell of my flesh burning in his lake of fire?

As a side note, does this god have a nose in which to smell with? If so, why? Did he always have one, even before he created anything? Why would he have any of the senses since there would be no reason for them when nothing except for him exists.....
edit on 24-6-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

This makes perfect sense to you?

Yes it does.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join