It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer drinkers: What are you favorites?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm currently posting drinking my beer of the moment and was wondering what everyone else is drinking.

Right now I'm drinking Cisk XS, a local (Maltese) extra strong lager (9% by volume). It has a very strong taste with a nice little tangy aftertaste that lingers for a reasonable period of time. It also leaves the tongue and roof of mouth a little bit tingly. Not the best beer in the world by far, but I enjoy it thoroughly and bang for buck it's not all that bad.

I'm a big fan of strong beers and lager in general, what about the rest of you? Also, how do you prefer to drink? I either go for straight from the bottle or in a glass. Rarely drink from a can unless it's just a few of my friends hanging out informally.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

For me these days it's all about Peroni. It's an Italian beer 5.1% and pretty damn tasty. Good with food or on it's own. Only trouble is it can be a tad expensive.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I have not drank alcohol since 2000, but i used to like becks lager.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

it's gotta be Cusqueña for me (pronounced 'cus-ken-ya').
Smooth, sleek and gaddamn b-e-a-utiful!

Plus its fun to shout "CUS-KEN-YA!!!" when ordering it haha

www.cusquenabeer.com...
edit on 12/2/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Zywiec is usually what i drink, if i can get it, or Tyskie, both Polish beer. They taste quite watery, but are both 5% plus.

"Żywiec Pilsner beer is a light pilsner beer that is 5.6% ABV. It is made as naturally as possible using Poland’s mountain spring water. The taste is quite unique, yet simple." - Wikipedia.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
ugghh, no thanks but you can guess what I drink.

link   
I don't drink that much anymore, once month at social gatherings, but when I do I like blue moon, spaten, and stella

link   

NEWCASTLE brown ale is the world's finest beer. It's nectar from the gods!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sierra Nevada's are a great utility beer... BEST beer is a local brewy called Mnt. Tallac in Lake Tahoe.
A "little" too potent as a utility beer. Brewed right up the street daily. Perfect Blond Ale. The Porter is supurb as well. The problem with the porter is it is SO dark and creamy ,it makes your teeth look like you just had some chew. And I don't "chew" so wifey KNOWS when I've stopped to have a few Porters..Never mind I have a lazy eye that goes south after 3 beers. That give away has busted me more then once.
When she says "look at me" and I'm looking at the chair across the room with one eye? Dead give away.

Mnt Tallac rules. Come on up to Tahoe... I'll make the owner buy.....like I always do. Good friend of mine. Oh yeah.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I like to mix Guinness and Bass for a black and tan. No other beer or beer combination matches it imo, with the exception of turning it into a black and tan boilermaker by adding a shot glass full of whiskey.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My favorite beer, Granville Island Winter Ale, is from a local brewery thats quite near where I live, and the beer is only made available throughout winter. The beer I drink the most however is Corona Extra.
edit on 12-2-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Hands down favorite is a beer from Amsterdam, Wieckse Witte actually made in Maastricht. I just associate it with many pleasurable moments in Amsterdam.
edit on 12-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
GIMMe Molsen ice anyday... too bad i cant get them where i live

i want a molsen
edit on 12/2/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lately I've been drinking Paulaner Salvator Double Bock 7.9%. It's tad expensive where I live, but its so smooth.
Also been enjoying Boulevards Smokehouse series and pretty much anything by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't drink that much anymore ,but Budweiser in a bottle is the only beer I drink these days.
I miss the days of my youth when I could drink at lunchtime and not fall asleep a couple of hours later!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Ahh, i forgot to put Newky Broon!

Desperados, also, that Tequilla Beer, is tasty, especially if they give you a bit of lemon/lime to go with

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

NEWCASTLE brown ale is the world's finest beer. It's nectar from the gods!

Right on bruvva! Exactly what I said in another post about Alternatives to tobacco and other legal 'highs'.......

Originally posted by nerbot
Newcastle Brown Ale.

Seriously...it's the only drink that has ever got me "high". (the bottles are good in hand to hand combat too)

Magical nectar of the gods.
"Eeeeebyegum."

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

my all time fave is from Alpine brewery, in alpine california (near san diego).small brew company that a firefighter started in his house..many good varieties but PURE HOPPINESS in great stuff. i sold pumps to the guy while a pump engineer. his stuff is the best micro brew in california, he wins awards at beerfests around the world. nice guy, great future american story..

runner up - hop hound, i think its a michelob off shoot..
sam adams has a hoppy beer also, its in their flavor pack.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

like to mix Guinness and Bass for a black and tan. No other beer or beer combination matches it imo, with the exception of turning it into a black and tan boilermaker by adding a shot glass full of whiskey.

Son Of Liberty? You nailed it. A Mnt Tallac Brown and Tan with the Porter and Blond is THE reason I have to quit drinking beer. Cool... He just opened.(5 oclock) Might have to go get one. NO shots.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
tiger beer is #1 for me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ae47d22917f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12-2-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join