It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

There is a lot of HOW in this whole thing.

You are right that is what it looks like. CME

I think this book slipped through the cracks somehow?

To me, either an advanced civilization is times past, with comparably similar technology to ours existed, though there is no evidence of this left behind.

Or, this information was passed on from someone else and scribed.

I'm working on a post about the liquid ooze.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is to you and MOD's

I just made a reply to you and it got munched in the system again. I posted the page and it showed 12 pages when there is only 7.

Then refreshed and zap...post gone.

Technical difficulties??
edit... post this and it's back again.

I'm starting to think the manuscript is taking over........
edit on 12-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No UFO??

2nd

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this is a smoking gun, if only we look deep enough...

Why would the NSA commission such a huge research project into this manuscript if they didn't suspect that there was something of significance contained within?

Could the PTB possibly want to detract from further research and interest in this topic by hacking ATS and messing with the thread? Did we ever get any response from the staff as to why this thread vanished for 24 hours?

I have also noted similar problems of posts vanishing, pages not refreshing properly in the past hour or so - I haven't experienced these issues on any other threads or ATS pages today or yesterday - why just this thread affected? Surely if there was a generic technical issue, every thread, and every page would be similarly affected by technical trickery?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

About six actually, playing hide n' seek in clear night skies behind our house... One in particular sailed out into our field of vision, with a lovely bright starlight shining, before suddenly going into 'stealth mode' and switching the light off. Didn't film it, but as this is our second major sighting in a week in our location, I'll be getting the camera ready for the next one.

They know we're looking out for them now - my gut instinct is that we won't be disappointed in getting some good footage! The last time we saw one, we became aware it was a definite UFO (and not a very bright, big star) due to some rapid left-right movements.. Then, as we reacted to that movement, it went up and down very quickly several times.

The sense we got afterwards was that the initial movements were like a 'wave', or a greeting; then the 'up and down' movement was like an affirmation (or a 'nod') suggesting that our reaction ("Oh my god it's moving!") was justified..

I believe that the deeper we look into 'them' and their legacy, impact and current activities, the more 'they' look into us and our lifestyles/ potential...

Anyway - that's as off-topic as I'll take it
- and only because you asked!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To me, this picture showing the pine cones represents the pineal gland oozing hormones through the body.

The body represented in all of these type pictures through the manuscript.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/413f20cea42f.jpg[/atsimg]

And this one seems to show synapses transmitting signals.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff423743c3c8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6ef053b200.jpg[/atsimg]

They have known this for a long time, as you guy's know the pine cone is represented heavily in religious
and esoteric circles.

The Vatican

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c8d8161132b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just one more piece of where they found out?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Funny I had one reply to me about 3 years ago.

Been here every since.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One more interesting addition about the peacocks on the Vatican pine cone.

From Crystal Links Birds In Alchemy

With the Peacock stage, the alchemist has entered into the inner experience of the astral world, which initially appears as ever shifting patterns of colour. This experience is often symbolised in alchemy by the appropriate image of the peacock's tail with its splendid iridescence of colour. In terms of this series of five stages, the turning point is reached with the Peacock. Up until this point the alchemist has experienced aspects of his being which he was formerly unconscious of - the etheric forces and the astral body. Essentially these experiences have happened to him, although he had to make himself open to the experiences through entering into the initial Black Crow state, however, in order to progress he must begin to work upon his inner being.

BLACK CROW - withdrawal - freeing of the from depend ence on the Physical senses
PHOENIX - freeing of the spirit from the bounds of the physical
WHITE SWAN - experience of the etheric body
PELICAN - using consciously the forces of the etheric body
PEACOCK - astral body consciousness - inward immersion - point of transformation - outward expression integration - purification - transmutation

The Peacock's Tail is the central experience to this process, the point of inner transformation, which arises from a true consciousness of the astral body. We note also that the other stages mirror each other. Thus the Black Crow and the Phoenix are related as beginning and end of the process, but in a deeper sense they are both connected with death-processes. The dying to the senses of the Black Crow stage is ultimately transformed into the triumph over the death process of the physical, that is pictured by the Phoenix. There is a further mirroring of the White Swan and Pelican stages. The White Swan is an experience of the etheric forces in one's being, and this is later transformed into a conscious mastery and outward expression of these life forces.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm in agreement with you that the electrical or chemical processes we see are being represented as a feminine energy of some kind; thinking of Chi/Ki energy, chakras etc..??

Every point at which a transfer of energy/ material or liquids etc is shown, we see a 'nymph' completing the link...

It reminds me of the elemental spirits of nature, such as those that fairy tales relate were assigned to help flowers grow and whatnot. Perhaps the scribe held a belief that such spirits were assigned to monitor and control certain bodily functions? If he was shown some of the scientific data belonging to a higher race / being / consciousness, he may have seen a 'magic' at work in the processes being revealed, and attributed the things he didn't understand to the spirits..

Seems that there's an odd blend of 'primitive mythology' and technical imagery - not to mention the encoded script itself - leading me to think that what was being recorded wasn't completely understood by the scribe, but was incredibly important, both to the scribe and to the source of the knowledge who commissioned it (I don't believe the scribe was the source).

Alternatively, it could be that the information was being encoded within mythological constructs in order to disguise the source/ nature of it, with the truth being known only to the source, scribe and a handful of adepts?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Hello. What I have always thought of this book, is that it has the possibility to be a copy of a book from the Great Library of Alexandria. Perhaps what happened is that this book escaped the fires and destruction and someone replicated it the best way they could. It could be a replication of a prehistoric book that existed within this library.

I quote Carl Sagon:
"The True History of Mankind over the last 100,000 years once existed and was housed in the great library in Alexandria."

So, to have a well known scientist almost give note to the antiquity of civilization makes you wonder how and what transpired before our known history.

If what I think about the book is true, and it was replicated for safe keeping - we know nothing of its age. The artistic knowledge and depth of the 15 century is being portrayed - but perhaps the original was more ornate.

Just some speculation.

As for the books decryption - yes, our government can do it - and I am sure they already have. The only way to decode this book is to have very expensive software and a very powerful super computer.

I have been waiting on this thread for the professional caligrapher from another thread to come on and comment on this one. I have not seen this person so far. This person copies maniscripts professionally - he spoke how back in the old days the monks were sometime illiterate and just copied the text not knowing how to read it. He states that it is possible as you state above that this book is a COPY of a copy - perhaps originally written in arabic - that the transcriber florished to add latin looking elements. The age of the manuscript, and the supposed look of some chinese type characters also can lead one to believe that this was transcribed. One must consider all things when undertaking a study of this type to include overcoming historical ways of looking at things. It does seem clear that this was encrypted, possibly relates to birth control and female health issues, and has origins that extend the geographical area where it was found. We are beginning to understand that there was more commerce and trade going on across the silk road, and dealings with India . . . someone even has mentioned certain Tibetian looking elements. All things must be considered when undertaking decryption, I am not impressed that the code breakers of WWII or NSA cannot break this mathmatically - perhaps it has to be broken "artistically" through the interpretation that it is a Copy of a Copy made by someone who did not know how to read the source. I think Vedic writings, Sumerian writings, and even as one mentioned the dropa stones should be considered when looking at this text. It is also possible it was a coded copy of arabic type writing made to look latinized and to be read with an over lay of a page with punched holes.

I am sorry to say this also - but honestly I think one should allow certain known "seers" of today to be included in the study - some of them like the caligrapher are knowledgeable about things like Alchemy and might bring a new insight to the decryptions. This might sound far out - but we know the Government had these kind of folks on the pay roll too. My feeling is they do have an idea what this is about - but the source would be as far out to admit as UFO disclosure.

Maybe the rosetta stone for this thing is still in existance, but secreted away - in a vault or a drawer and the connection has yet to be made.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok.

Just keeps getting weirder.

Reading up on serotonin and melatonin, melatonin is released at night due to the lack of BLUE and GREEN light.

What colors are our liquids coming from the pine cones (pineal glands)?

One end blue one end green.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Very interesting book for sure. This woman seems to have made some sense of a few of the words: The Voynich Manuscript Decoded?. She thinks the book may be at least partially written in Italian anagram.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jawsismyfish

Yeah, not sure about that one. If the NSA can't crack it. I don't think she did. I could be wrong.

In addition the manuscript was first found in 1538 in a Masonic library in England.

Then Prague

Then Italy.

This carbon dating undoubtedly put it before da Vinci's birth.

Who knows?

I would much rather her decipher the astrological and anatomical stuff though.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
this manuscript is fascinating. i want to take a closer look.

i was frustrated because i could not find a single compilation of all of the large-format image scans......so i made one of my own.

i have made it available here: VOYNICH MANUSCRIPT

contents: 53MB .pdf file containing 209 images

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Fascinating thread. Thank you for posting ..the pictures are beautifully done .. I love ancient text's this one is very unusual..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's odd in another respect too, in that for a manuscript of the 14thC it uses a cursive script not known anywhere in Europe at that time. All the manuscripts of that era, up to the advent of the printing press used what's commonly known as Black Letter, or some variant ... the cursive latinized hand came about during the Renaissance some 150 yrs after, in Italy.1It's probably down to the cursive nature of the script the book was initially dated to the mid 1400s.

I'd have to say it's a weird hoax.

1 With the exception of the Book of Kells [1024 to the 12thC] which uses a more rotund script typical of early Christian writings.

edit on 13-2-2011 by chocise because: note & cartoon added

edit on 13-2-2011 by chocise because: cartoon courtesy of Randall Munroe, former NASA roboticist now web comic author

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Also, that the vellum is datable doesn't pin the manuscript down: it was found in amongst the possessions of an Italian antique book dealer [that alone should ring a bells] who could quite possibly have had access to genuine medieval parchment. An examination of the ink would be more useful.

Theory that it's a hoax
The fact that the text has defied all efforts at translation has led many to believe the writing is actually meaningless and that the book itself was created as a hoax.

Computer scientist Gordon Rugg has argued that a sixteenth-century hoaxer could have created the gibberish text using an encryption tool known as a cardan grille. He argues that the book was created by a sixteenth-century Englishman, Edward Kelley, in order to con Emperor Rudolph II.

Sergio Toresella has suggested the manuscript might be an "alchemical herbal" — that is, a book of nonsense writing that quack doctors used to impress clients. In 1986 Michael Barlow suggested that Voynich himself might have written the manuscript as a hoax, since as an antique book dealer he had the necessary knowledge. However, there is no compelling evidence to indicate this.

To this day the Voynich manuscript continues to resist all efforts at translation. It is thought that the horror writer H.P. Lovecraft might have used the manuscript as the model for the fictional work, The Necronomicon, which he refers to in many of his stories.

edit on 13-2-2011 by chocise because: extract added

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The pineal gland and the pine cone...
That's some deep stuff that takes me back to my days of studying in aspects of occultism.

Very interesting observations you make with regards to this, actually. Well done!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Not saying it couldn't be a hoax, but I for one am sick and tired of everything we don't understand automatically being considered a useless, meaningless hoax of some sort. Keep in mind, up until some months back the idea that organisms could live on anything other than what we live on was thought to be impossible, therefore the majority of scientists weren't even looking for life unless our exact needs were replicated wherever they were looking!

I think the massive ego-centric nature of humans is probably the most debilitating handicap when it comes to making new discoveries and trying to figure out the ins and outs of the universe. Everything we look at and look for is always based around humans being a supreme being. Someday we are going to find out that we are nothing more than the children of a very extended family with all sorts of knowledge, experiences, and discoveries we could have never even imagined!

As far as this book, alchemy was not embraced by all, and anything that contradicted the teachings of the church were largely forbidden. Therefore, it is quite possible that the author purposefully did not put his name for fear of retaliation. This would be especially true if the author were already held in high esteem for other work, but not necessarily this aspect.

Keep in mind, Nostradamus was originally focused on trying to develop weapons, but it was his prophecies that were remembered the best and requested the most by the ruling elite.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Hold that thought.

I am not sure if you have read the NSA document that yeahright posted earlier in the thread? Page three I think.

Chapter 1 Known Facts.

It has a history long before Voynich discovered it in Villa Mondragone.

Very interesting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join