It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helmet Armour Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wonder if designing a triangular pointed helmet would help to distribute force and discourage full force down-blows...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ClapOnKyle

Yes, but it means that any blows at 3/4 angle will be full force and not deflected nearly as much as a curved helmet would alas...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Some good reply's here along with some utter drivel.

People who think every conflict will be with guns are sorely mistaken, what happens when ammo runs thin on the ground?
What happens when hand-to-hand and melee weapons return as the trend of fighting?

hah when that happens I am already prepared

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nice one mate, I like your style!
Star and a buddy add for you my friend

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think people should discount motorcycle helmets purely on the basis that they weren't designed for combat. Also, just to say that the helmet looks pretty beat up after being hit... well I think that's part of the nature of the beast, kinda like having a crumple zone on your swede. I'd rather it was the helmet looking beat up than my skull. They're designed to take the brunt of the impact and not transmit it to your head. If you beat on it and it still looked okay, I'd think that maybe all it was doing was transmitting the impact energy directly to your skull.

There's other uses than just out and out fighting. Exploring caves and ruined buildings, climbing trees and masts, there are all sorts of situations post SHTF that it might be useful to have something like this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join