It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feasting Trolls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting he has a little troll-meltdown

hehe! Love it!
Gotta hand it to you, that is probably exactly what happened! I fell for it, but not soon after, I realised my error. I have been weary ever since.
Thankyou Bernard!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If he shows up again could we organize some kind of effort to get him off?I mean like overload his thread or something similar.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
This thread is itself "feeding the trolls". They see you are getting irritated at them which is their whole point in posting BS.

This is why i deleted my first post.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow i didn't really expect this many replies this quickly, not that i'm complaining i'm just shocked lol. I'll try to reply to as many as i can.

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I happen to think the meltdowns are simply a part of the show to gain more replies, don't fool yourself, a troll likes attention, nothing more, whether it's good or bad, just like a naughty child.

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Aha! But Bernard schitzel isnt your average Troll...Hes a SUPER troll and he aint gonnna give up whatever we do, Youll find that most of the recent Troll Accounts have actually been this one guy who is giving the site admin a headache....

Incorrect, if he doesn't get replies he will go away. The psychology of a troll is to gain a reaction, nothing more or less, it is the reaction that they love. If someone asks for evidence and no more replies happen then trolls get annoyed, blow a gasket and leave. They are pesistant don't get me wrong, they might post 10 or 20 threads before it gets through, but with the effort of the community as a whole then trolls can be removed.

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well said!
I am new-ish? But this is no playground. You learn fast..... well, I like to think most do.

Good thread, friend.

If you find this helpful i'm very happy.

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I fear I may have been taken in .I hang my head in shame...........sorry
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Please don't hang your head, most new members are taken in and i am definitely someone who has been taken in when i was new. Even after a couple of years i was replying to trolls simply to ask for evidence without realising they enjoy people doing that. I would constantly post demanding evidence within the same thread and the troll no doubt laughed his head off.

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Wildeagle

Unfortunately on a conspiricy website its hard to seperate fact from fiction or fiction from lies.

True but it's easy to avoid posting until someone provides evidence for their claims.

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Ah, but what's your definition of a troll!?

Someone who posts knowingly false information, usually claims to have evidence but never provides the evidence when asked for it.

Again i ask everyone to take the lesson to heart. Once someone has posted in a thread asking for evidence then you should never post until that evidence is provided. If someone claims to have photos and someone has asked for the photos then don't post, same for video, same for top scret documents or anything else.

Another obvious one is where someone pretends to have a story and posts it in installments several hours apart. Some stories are long and so require multiple posts and thats fine but someone with a story will post them in quick succession and not keep you hanging around for details.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
This thread is itself "feeding the trolls". They see you are getting irritated at them which is their whole point in posting BS.

Not quite.

This thread will i am sure give some trolls pleasure, but if it means many people no longer reply to trolls then it helps reduce the overall trolling of ATS.

It's a number game, this one post makes trolls happy but the 20 they won't get reduces their happiness.
edit on 9-2-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As mentioned, there is another thread about this topic, so there really is no need to have two discussions bout this practice.

Please post your thoughts here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

edit on Wed Feb 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: insert correct thread for redirect

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join